Author Topic: Video about paleontology in Alberta, aka what I did over the summer  (Read 656 times)

Offline Random Dinosaur

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
So, Telus produced a short TV spot about Dr. Caleb Brown, who led the Royal Tyrrell Museum's field work at Dinosaur Provincial Park over the summer. This is what I was involved in back then and I knew everyone involved in the video. The site, Bonebed 180, is also where I did a lot of field work. I'm not in the video though; closest I came was being just off-camera during the initial interview segment in the small lab doing research.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0kCxjcVvdM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0kCxjcVvdM</a>

Seriously though, Caleb was a great guy and I appreciated the opportunity to work with him there.
Quote from: The_Queen
I have more pleasant things to focus my attention, time, and resources on than Gamergate or the Gamergate thread, such as pouring hot sauce in my eyes, lemon juice enemas, and imagining being eaten alive by fire ants.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Video about paleontology in Alberta, aka what I did over the summer
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 10:36:03 pm »
That was great, Random! I'm jealous of you now, just seeing how many superb specimens you guys were finding and preserving.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 06:49:04 am »
random, you rock  :)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel

Offline Random Dinosaur

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 02:28:19 am »
When you work in a field related to geology, horrible puns are something you just take for granite.
Quote from: The_Queen
I have more pleasant things to focus my attention, time, and resources on than Gamergate or the Gamergate thread, such as pouring hot sauce in my eyes, lemon juice enemas, and imagining being eaten alive by fire ants.