Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 826484 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • What's All This Tangly Rainbow Shit Mean?
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #7380 on: February 21, 2019, 10:45:36 am »
After seeing the preview and prologue for Episode Ardyn, I can say with total confidence that I am fully, painfully erect for it.  Oh, also fuck the gods of Eos, Somnus was ersatz Aerys Targaryen, and the line of oracles must have some powerful fucking genes, seeing how much Lunafreya looks like her ancestor from, like, two thousand years ago.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Art Vandelay

• Greatest Person to Ever Grace this Shitty Forum
  • Kakarot
  • Check Your Privilege
« Reply #7381 on: February 24, 2019, 03:19:45 am »
Replaying the DS Zelda games. Phantom Hourglass is so much better when you can abuse the fuck out of save states, and Spirit Tracks once again reminds me why it's my favourite hand held Zelda of all time. It fixes pretty much everything Phantom Hourglass managed to fuck up, and the sountrack really is a thing of beauty. Such a shame it didn't get anywhere near the recognition it deserves.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • What's All This Tangly Rainbow Shit Mean?
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7382 on: March 19, 2019, 11:13:51 pm »
Holy hell, I'd forgotten how insanely present archery is in Ultima Online.  Then again, I'd not used it since...1999?  The special moves and new weapons have really been a game changer.  Magical shortbow with life/mana leech is a fucking gore machine once you get enough skill to shoot fucking lightning arrows.  It's insane how quickly I got grandmaster in archery; it couldn't have been more than twelve hours.  Helps that I can craft my own ammo.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7383 on: March 23, 2019, 12:30:29 pm »
Good news everyone, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is reprising his role as Shang Tsung for Mortal Kombat 11!  Day-one purchase for me now.  I'm not even joking, I love Tagawa that much.

Bad news is he's a DLC character (but is also the Krypt keeper in the base game)...a fact that's been announced before the game is even finished.  Devs aren't even pretending anymore that they don't hold content back just to have DLC they can charge more money for.  And making us pay extra for more Tagawa is a dirty move; they know how popular the actor is as that character.