Author Topic: A Question About Computer Games With Very Grim Endings.  (Read 5917 times)

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
Re: A Question About Computer Games With Very Grim Endings.
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 11:12:27 pm »
I went into mourning after I finished Red Dead Redemption. I'm not even kidding, I was depressed for days.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 01:05:09 am »
I went into mourning after I finished Red Dead Redemption. I'm not even kidding, I was depressed for days.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I consider games to be stories just like books and movies. I don't mind "bad" endings, even in a linear game, any more than I am against sad endings in movies or books.

Generally though, I prefer happier endings, but a well made story with a sad ending is better than poorly done with a happy one.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 01:46:45 pm »
For me a lot of games are more about the journey than the destination.  Or with some open-world games like Skyrim I just like being in the game world.  In games like Skyrim, GTA and Red Dead Redemption I can dick around for hours without doing a single mission or anything story related and be quite happy.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »
For me a lot of games are more about the journey than the destination.  Or with some open-world games like Skyrim I just like being in the game world.  In games like Skyrim, GTA and Red Dead Redemption I can dick around for hours without doing a single mission or anything story related and be quite happy.

Tis one of the reasons I love Minecraft so much: the story is whatever you want it to be.  Also one of the reasons I like playing on my current (modded 1.6.2) Minecraft server, as I've got a very general goal that I can achieve in many different, interesting ways.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.