Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273177 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2016, 06:19:37 pm »
I'm not sure if the evidence was kept after the Nuremburg Tribunals, but it filled numerous freight train boxcars. That'd be a nice pile to plop holocaust deniers upon. Tons and tons worth of documents, photos, reports, records and ledgers compiled by Wehrmacht clerks counting the people, their personal items, and gross weight categories of valuable materials taken from camp victims. That'd be an actual Slippery Slope, trying to make you way down off a 50 foot tall pile of loose documents.

But it was all faked by TEH EBIL JOOS.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2016, 07:41:45 pm »
I know, right? It's just an astounding body of work!

Here's a candid pic of TEH EBIL JOOS on break between sets at the Dachau-Drumpf Center during their first tour.

(click to show/hide)

*picture taken after liberation, all shown survived.

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #257 on: March 14, 2016, 11:51:33 pm »

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2016, 12:29:05 am »
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Is that saying what I think it's saying? Cutting yourself is fucking brave?!

I need to go hit something now.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2016, 12:30:04 am »
Wait. That's not a pic of admitting you have a problem?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #260 on: March 15, 2016, 04:12:27 am »
Wait. That's not a pic of admitting you have a problem?
Well she has a problem, she is cutting the wrong way.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2016, 04:28:58 am »
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Is that saying what I think it's saying? Cutting yourself is fucking brave?!

I need to go hit something now.

I read it as sarcasm, personally. Though Poe's Law is still very much a thing, so it could go either way.

Even Then

« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2016, 02:30:09 am »
not like fear can impair one's ability to defend oneself or anything
not like blackmail and coercion are things that can impair one's ability to defend oneself and give proper consent
not like everyone's not physically strong enough to ward off rapists
not like you can't defend yourself when you're unconscious
not like everyone doesn't have a fucking anti-rape squad on their goddamn speed dial

no no, if you were raped it was because you were too weak

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2016, 02:35:44 am »
not like fear can impair one's ability to defend oneself or anything
not like blackmail and coercion are things that can impair one's ability to defend oneself and give proper consent
not like everyone's not physically strong enough to ward off rapists
not like you can't defend yourself when you're unconscious
not like everyone doesn't have a fucking anti-rape squad on their goddamn speed dial

no no, if you were raped it was because you were too weak

Also, the rapist could just point a gun at the victim's head and tell them that they get shot if they resist. There are simply times when resisting will get you killed and shaming the victim for not being able to fight off an army is not really constructive.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2016, 03:46:37 am »
Oh my god that guy in Worst Political Cartoons is a goddamn goldmine.

Today's feminism is practically degrading men to be dependent on women and actually giving women more rights than men. Plus it is a threat to the family and is endangering our children to be raised by the institutions instead of the family.  If they want control over pregnancy, don't have sex, it's as simple as that.

When and where the fuck has male oppression by women ever goddamn happened? And what in the shitting dick does insitutionalization have to do with feminism? Also, gotta love that "nine months of pregnancy (and implicitly 18 years of child-rearing) is something women have to accept as a price when they dare have sex, but I'm totally not a misogynist or anything" attitude.

He also writes godawful self-insert Tangled/Brave fanfic where his insert married Merida and is Eugene's brother and the narration shills Protestantism like he were getting paid for it. Just to frost that shit cake with an icing of amazingly ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:48:13 am by Even Then »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2016, 11:05:46 am »

...Sometimes I am still amazed at how people can not criticize themselves or their beliefs and can miss the point even when it is shown to them as clearly as it is in pic related. I believe the word I am looking for is introspection.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2016, 04:13:48 pm »
Oh my god that guy in Worst Political Cartoons is a goddamn goldmine.

Today's feminism is practically degrading men to be dependent on women and actually giving women more rights than men. Plus it is a threat to the family and is endangering our children to be raised by the institutions instead of the family.  If they want control over pregnancy, don't have sex, it's as simple as that.

When and where the fuck has male oppression by women ever goddamn happened? And what in the shitting dick does insitutionalization have to do with feminism? Also, gotta love that "nine months of pregnancy (and implicitly 18 years of child-rearing) is something women have to accept as a price when they dare have sex, but I'm totally not a misogynist or anything" attitude.

He also writes godawful self-insert Tangled/Brave fanfic where his insert married Merida and is Eugene's brother and the narration shills Protestantism like he were getting paid for it. Just to frost that shit cake with an icing of amazingly ridiculous.

I'm laughing my ass off at his "countless hours" comment. Right. Five minutes with a box of Crayolas. Think we found the new ChrisChan! I wonder if that Merida fanboy has seen this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a4MR8oI_B8

Oh, read some of his writing. He seems to like Billy Connolly not being fond of Catholicism. Thing is, Connolly isn't fond of religion in general. And he uses naughty words!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cfWRQPcE8A
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:24:03 pm by Lady Evil »

Even Then

« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2016, 04:28:04 pm »
Also loving the fact that he looked at Merida and Elsa, some of the few female leads in Disney canon whose story didn't involve a male love interest, and thought: "Hey, you know what these independent female protagonists need? Hetero romance! Specifically, with my self-insert!"

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #268 on: March 17, 2016, 07:16:15 pm »
... Well at least he's not shipping Elsa with her sister...

@Askold

I kinda agree with Elsa there, although she doesn't state her case very well.  Telling a black person complaining about racism "well teach other black people not to steal" has huge victim blaming connotations that I really don't see in "teach men not to rape", the point of which is to not blame the rape victim, not all men are rapists.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #269 on: March 17, 2016, 07:56:40 pm »
... Well at least he's not shipping Elsa with her sister...

@Askold

I kinda agree with Elsa there, although she doesn't state her case very well.  Telling a black person complaining about racism "well teach other black people not to steal" has huge victim blaming connotations that I really don't see in "teach men not to rape", the point of which is to not blame the rape victim, not all men are rapists.

Yeah, no.  Statements like that imply that "rapist" is the default setting for men.