Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273485 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2016, 10:35:31 am »
I'm all for multiculturalism. But the fact remains that there is a problem:

http://chromatism.net/current/images/skincolormap.jpg

Being near the poles = lighter skin tone.

Why don't we take a story taking place in some African tribe, and arbitrarily plop a random white guy or two in there. I dare ANYONE to watch that without raising an eyebrow. lol

Oh absolutely. I was just happily pointing out to anyone who is stupid enough to call you insensitive that no, a bunch of light skinned people near the poles is NOT culturally or racially insensitive. I mean my gosh. I'm all for ya know, acknowledging that something can be multicultural and the likes. But come the fuck on. There are limits to absurdity.But then... based upon some of these movies you've reviewed... Well... 

These were comments on a review of a fucking Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer movie (the middle comment was actually the reviewer himself).  One of the first things that he bitched about was that the magical fairies and elves were multicultural, but pulled the "I'm not against multiculturalism, it just doesn't make geographical sense" defense.  Magical fairies and elves in Santa's village.  I guess black and Asian people just physically can't exist in the north or something.  We're not even talking about the "historical accuracy" defense, it's just "what are all these non-whites doing so far up north?"  The majority of the elves are already white anyway. 

And in the review itself he goes on to say that "with as rare and isolated as elves are, there shouldn't be that much genetic diversity" and "the entire point of Rudolph was being mocked for being different, so everyone needs to look the same to hammer in that point or else the story doesn't make sense".  I guess the USA must be a utopia free of social issues, then. 

I knew there was a reason I stopped watching this guy.  This review was made in November 2014, but the above comment was made last April, so I'm not holding out for some recent major change of opinion.

Kind of a tangent, but that colour map reeks of bullshit. People from Kyushu and Shikoku (Japan's two southernmost islands) are not as dark as humans can possibly get. If anything, the opposite is the case.

I tried to check the source for that map, but it's paywalled. It looks like the map is based on a different map which is a model attempting to predict skin colour via UV exposure and possibly other things. So basically it's actually a map of environmental factors, not specifically of skin colour.

I think, anyway. Like I said, paywalled, and I'm on vacation so I can't try to get access through university computers.
Σא

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2016, 01:29:55 pm »
I'm all for multiculturalism. But the fact remains that there is a problem:

http://chromatism.net/current/images/skincolormap.jpg

Being near the poles = lighter skin tone.

Why don't we take a story taking place in some African tribe, and arbitrarily plop a random white guy or two in there. I dare ANYONE to watch that without raising an eyebrow. lol

Oh absolutely. I was just happily pointing out to anyone who is stupid enough to call you insensitive that no, a bunch of light skinned people near the poles is NOT culturally or racially insensitive. I mean my gosh. I'm all for ya know, acknowledging that something can be multicultural and the likes. But come the fuck on. There are limits to absurdity.But then... based upon some of these movies you've reviewed... Well... 

These were comments on a review of a fucking Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer movie (the middle comment was actually the reviewer himself).  One of the first things that he bitched about was that the magical fairies and elves were multicultural, but pulled the "I'm not against multiculturalism, it just doesn't make geographical sense" defense.  Magical fairies and elves in Santa's village.  I guess black and Asian people just physically can't exist in the north or something.  We're not even talking about the "historical accuracy" defense, it's just "what are all these non-whites doing so far up north?"  The majority of the elves are already white anyway. 

And in the review itself he goes on to say that "with as rare and isolated as elves are, there shouldn't be that much genetic diversity" and "the entire point of Rudolph was being mocked for being different, so everyone needs to look the same to hammer in that point or else the story doesn't make sense".  I guess the USA must be a utopia free of social issues, then. 

I knew there was a reason I stopped watching this guy.  This review was made in November 2014, but the above comment was made last April, so I'm not holding out for some recent major change of opinion.

Kind of a tangent, but that colour map reeks of bullshit. People from Kyushu and Shikoku (Japan's two southernmost islands) are not as dark as humans can possibly get. If anything, the opposite is the case.

They're describing a real phenomenon, at least. A human population in isolation for several thousand years will change its skin color in response to sunlight exposure, which is mainly determined by latitude.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2016, 07:16:15 pm »

Or it could just be a stylized falcon.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2016, 10:41:32 pm »
White Supremist vs MRA, ready FIGHT

European women deserve protection from violent, raping Arabs who see them as subhuman
#SaveEurope from #rapefugees

No they don't.  They vote left and pro-multiculturalism all the time and spit in their men's faces.  They deserve it.

The winner is no one, we all lose.

PS the MRA is a self published ebook author.  If you want to know if he's any good, he also tweeted this

Real authors don't fret over punctuation or grammar.  Only worthless English majors do that.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2016, 11:29:14 pm »
White Supremist vs MRA, ready FIGHT

European women deserve protection from violent, raping Arabs who see them as subhuman
#SaveEurope from #rapefugees

No they don't.  They vote left and pro-multiculturalism all the time and spit in their men's faces.  They deserve it.

The winner is no one, we all lose.

PS the MRA is a self published ebook author.  If you want to know if he's any good, he also tweeted this

Real authors don't fret over punctuation or grammar.  Only worthless English majors do that.

Maybe we should put them in a boxing ring, let them duke it out.

And while we're at it, let's take people with abhorrent political beliefs and strand them on an island somewhere.  It might make a good Reality TV show.  Jihadis vs Maoists!  Sovereign Citizens vs. the Animal Liberation Front!  Christian Identity vs. Nazi Neopagans!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2016, 12:34:41 am »
People who choose an incredibly idiotic hill to die on vs. people who have refuse to consider that they might be wrong? Oh, wait, those are the same thing.

EDIT: Don't worry, I'll play nice.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2016, 04:45:52 pm »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2016, 09:46:58 pm »
Did you that FDR didn't personally storm the beaches of Normandy?!!  He hated America!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2016, 09:57:16 pm »
What slander is this?

I just read in a very interesting Japanese Manga that FDR personally stormed Normandy, fought Himmler and Goering's humongous mecha together with Truman in THEIR mechas, and then fought the forces of the Nazi SS in the air fortresses of France!

That wasn't a historical graphic novel, was it...?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2016, 03:07:15 pm »
I have no words for this bullshit.

Bisexuality doesn't exist, at the very least in men. Look at this bitch trying to prove it does, though.

https://bitchmedia.org/post/isnt-he-lovely-male-bisexuality-doesnt-existoh-wait-it-does

That 2009 column argued that pop culture "bromances" were bringing male bisexuality into the mainstream, but that thesis was tenuous at best. The "bro" in "bromance" offered a linguistic cue that any guy pals labeled as such were merely platonic, not gettin' physical like Oliva Newton John. And not until earlier this year has scientific research dismantled the whole "gay, straight, or lying" sexual stereotype imposed on men.

For those of us who are into science however, there is proof that bisexuality is a myth.

Rieger, G., Chivers, M. L., & Bailey, J. M. (2005). Sexual arousal patterns of bisexual men. Psychological science, 16(8), 579-584, as discussed in the NY Times:

A study casts doubt on whether true bisexuality exists, at least in men. People who claim bisexuality, according to these critics, are usually homosexual, but are ambivalent about their homosexuality or simply closeted.  In the new study, a team of psychologists directly measured genital arousal patterns in response to images of men and women. The psychologists found that men who identified themselves as bisexual were in fact exclusively aroused by either one sex or the other, usually by other men. The study is the largest of several small reports suggesting that the estimated 1.7 percent of men who identify themselves as bisexual show physical attraction patterns that differ substantially from professed desires.

Basically, while men reported being bisexual, their actual physical arousal (their true disposition towards one or another) was towards one sex. Here is a link to the study

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/J_Bailey2/publication/7658643_Sexual_arousal_patterns_of_bisexual_men/links/0deec518bc045a1076000000.pdf

Rosenthal, A. M., Sylva, D., Safron, A., & Bailey, J. M. (2011). Sexual arousal patterns of bisexual men revisited. Biological Psychology, 88(1), 112-115.

The researchers, probably pressured by political correctness, replicated the prior study, however this time they recruited from places where they would be more likely to find bisexual men. Basically, they went to places where they would find sexual deviants and people with different paraphilia.

In order to satisfy SJWs they had to go to places of sexual deviancy, so their findings in 2011 should be rejected because they did not control for general sexual addiction or other elements that would prove the person to be a general deviant. Below is a link to the 2011 study.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/J_Bailey2/publication/51496686_Sexual_arousal_patterns_of_bisexual_men_revisited/links/0046352cb3d20053af000000.pdf

Even Then

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2016, 03:31:38 pm »
So they went to recruit from places where they'd be likely to find the bisexual men that, according to you, don't exist. LOGIC, MOTHERFUCKER! CAN YOU USE IT?

oh and also apparently a man being into dudes isn't deviancy, a man being into chicks isn't deviancy, but a man being into dudes AND chicks is, why not, peanut butter and jelly chemically react to make human faeces now

Kinsley? lol who's that
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 03:37:12 pm by Even Then »

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2016, 04:06:18 pm »
So they went to recruit from places where they'd be likely to find the bisexual men that, according to you, don't exist. LOGIC, MOTHERFUCKER! CAN YOU USE IT?

oh and also apparently a man being into dudes isn't deviancy, a man being into chicks isn't deviancy, but a man being into dudes AND chicks is, why not, peanut butter and jelly chemically react to make human faeces now

Kinsley? lol who's that
Thanks bro. I needed that. I'm not good at refuting bullshit myself unless it's standard fundie BS. Like if it's a person comparing homosexuality to bestiality or child molestation all I have to say is "informed consent, motherfucker, DO YOU KNOW IT" but I guess I'm not cut out for countering the more subtle bullshit. The kind of bullshit that seems intellectual and scientific but it's bullshit all the same.

Sorry if I'm rambling. I drank copious amounts of alcohol after reading the post I quoted.

I think the KiwiFarms just aren't for me.

Even Then

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2016, 04:33:03 pm »
I'm glad I can occasionally manage to word vomit something that people appreciate. And if I had to guess, these "studies" are either hugely biased or intensely narrow.

And KiwiFarms from what I've seen is a festering fuckpile anyway, you're not missing much.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2016, 05:22:25 pm »
I have no words for this bullshit.

Bisexuality doesn't exist, at the very least in men. Look at this bitch trying to prove it does, though.

https://bitchmedia.org/post/isnt-he-lovely-male-bisexuality-doesnt-existoh-wait-it-does

That 2009 column argued that pop culture "bromances" were bringing male bisexuality into the mainstream, but that thesis was tenuous at best. The "bro" in "bromance" offered a linguistic cue that any guy pals labeled as such were merely platonic, not gettin' physical like Oliva Newton John. And not until earlier this year has scientific research dismantled the whole "gay, straight, or lying" sexual stereotype imposed on men.

For those of us who are into science however, there is proof that bisexuality is a myth.

Rieger, G., Chivers, M. L., & Bailey, J. M. (2005). Sexual arousal patterns of bisexual men. Psychological science, 16(8), 579-584, as discussed in the NY Times:

A study casts doubt on whether true bisexuality exists, at least in men. People who claim bisexuality, according to these critics, are usually homosexual, but are ambivalent about their homosexuality or simply closeted.  In the new study, a team of psychologists directly measured genital arousal patterns in response to images of men and women. The psychologists found that men who identified themselves as bisexual were in fact exclusively aroused by either one sex or the other, usually by other men. The study is the largest of several small reports suggesting that the estimated 1.7 percent of men who identify themselves as bisexual show physical attraction patterns that differ substantially from professed desires.

Basically, while men reported being bisexual, their actual physical arousal (their true disposition towards one or another) was towards one sex. Here is a link to the study

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/J_Bailey2/publication/7658643_Sexual_arousal_patterns_of_bisexual_men/links/0deec518bc045a1076000000.pdf

Rosenthal, A. M., Sylva, D., Safron, A., & Bailey, J. M. (2011). Sexual arousal patterns of bisexual men revisited. Biological Psychology, 88(1), 112-115.

The researchers, probably pressured by political correctness, replicated the prior study, however this time they recruited from places where they would be more likely to find bisexual men. Basically, they went to places where they would find sexual deviants and people with different paraphilia.

In order to satisfy SJWs they had to go to places of sexual deviancy, so their findings in 2011 should be rejected because they did not control for general sexual addiction or other elements that would prove the person to be a general deviant. Below is a link to the 2011 study.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/J_Bailey2/publication/51496686_Sexual_arousal_patterns_of_bisexual_men_revisited/links/0046352cb3d20053af000000.pdf
Apparently I'm a mythical creature.
Gaze upon my un-existence, ye mighty, and despair!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2016, 05:26:40 pm »
Ballpoint my old mug, he's not saying you don't exist but rather he knows your sexuality better than you. He thinks you are probably lying and are gay or are a sexual deviant. Who are you to disagree with how he feels about your sexuality.