Author Topic: Bullying  (Read 17024 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Bullying
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2012, 12:17:50 am »
I'm impressed letters.  Didn't know you knew big boy words.

Anyways as for your sister's kid Nighty...yeah this school sounds really nice.  Yeah nothing we can do folks cause the kid who got the snot beat out of him can't tell us the name o fhis attacker.  Oh well.

Ironbite-and then they wonder why school shootings happen.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2012, 06:11:50 am »
I get bothered the most not by the lack of empathy, but by the people in charge not punishing the bully but punishing the victim who fights back.  When I was in summer camp, I was about 13 and 100 lbs. soaking wet.  Some 300 lb. kid picked on me every day.  My parents told the counsellors, but they did nothing.

Then we were at the pool when the kid jumped right on top of me while I was in the water.  Maybe it was just my view at the time, but I thought I was going to drown.  He got out of the water laughing, and I got out and punched him right in the face.  The kid went crying to the counsellors and I spent the rest of the day on the bus.

I never went back to camp after that.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Distind

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2012, 08:36:58 am »
I may well merge the two bullying threads.

But the incident I referenced in the other thread involving a fight on a bus and a camera. I nearly got thrown out of school over it, after having gotten caught defending myself enough times that I was considered a problem. I'd be more likely to doubt myself if I hadn't had one of my friends in detention as often as I was with me, as he knew plenty well when not to back my ass. The only reason I wasn't prior to that fight was my mother threatening legal action, only reason I wasn't after that fight was, despite the administration's reaction, my fucking bus driver brought up the video and proved that I was defending myself. And once you get a few people nearly expelled people leave you alone a bit, and oddly enough after the people who regularly attacked me were suddenly gone my own record became far better.

The administration was entirely happy to use an incident involving 3 high schoolers, and 1 middle schooler to kick the middle schooler out. Until someone pointed out they had evidence they should bother looking at.

I'll definitely agree there are problems with some of the administrations over things like this. But I haven't seen as much of that particular problem in other school systems. At the same time, there are some things which simply don't enough evidence to be properly dealt with and other that don't really fall under a crime unless we criminalize being a prick.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2012, 10:01:46 am »
I get bothered the most not by the lack of empathy, but by the people in charge not punishing the bully but punishing the victim who fights back.  When I was in summer camp, I was about 13 and 100 lbs. soaking wet.  Some 300 lb. kid picked on me every day.  My parents told the counsellors, but they did nothing.

Then we were at the pool when the kid jumped right on top of me while I was in the water.  Maybe it was just my view at the time, but I thought I was going to drown.  He got out of the water laughing, and I got out and punched him right in the face.  The kid went crying to the counsellors and I spent the rest of the day on the bus.

I never went back to camp after that.

Typical cowardly bullies.  They can dish it out and make peoples lives hell, but the moment someone fights back, they cry and cry and cry.  It's not much different than the Christian right who act like they're being oppressed because they can't mistreat others.  And speaking of the Christian right, here's a RAGE inducing comment on the Amanda Todd situation.

I am sorry this young woman was not equipped with the brains to understand that showing your body naked on cam is a really stupid thing. Is she victim or a volunteer? I say she's a volunteer and through her one stupid mistake she brought on to herself too much wrath for her to handle. It's important to raise your kids with strong moral values so that they do not make this very serious first mistake.

What does this have to do with the Christian right?  Well, I highly suspect this asshole is one of them.  All his talk about "strong moral values" while blaming the victim sounds very familiar... 

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2012, 04:33:57 pm »
Plenty of people have taken nude pictures. Going by their logic every woman who posed for a nude painting is a whore that deserves to die.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 07:58:27 pm »
I thought some of you might find this article interesting...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/internet-trolls-cloak-anonymity-torment-amanda-todd-death-195732341.html

One troll who calls himself "Haunter" is trying to claim that those speaking out against his disgusting posts and images are the real bullies. I think the true definition of a bully is someone who posts disgusting images and comments regarding a suicide victim while laughing at people's responses and hiding behind an IP address. This is someone who obviously doesn't stop to consider how the victim's family would react to seeing such images, knowing very well that they are in reference to their daughter's death. Is it possible to have someone's internet privileges revoked by law? Because I really think that people who engage in this sort of behavior SHOULD be banned from using the internet!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 09:30:44 pm »
Is it possible to have someone's internet privileges revoked by law? Because I really think that people who engage in this sort of behavior SHOULD be banned from using the internet!
Yeah, but only if they actually break the law. What is possible though is some tech savvy vigilante manages to find and release this fellow's name and contact details for all to see. That way, anyone on the internet is free to unleash their wrath on him in many delightfully creative ways.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 09:42:07 pm »
I wonder where 4chan stands on this issue.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:52 pm »
I wonder where 4chan stands on this issue.

Likely they're either egging it on or don't give two fucks one way or the other. Keep in mind that harassing suicide victims beyond the grave is classic Anonymous.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 10:16:35 pm »
Is it possible to have someone's internet privileges revoked by law? Because I really think that people who engage in this sort of behavior SHOULD be banned from using the internet!

Yeah, I remember watching this documentary about these two boys who were banned from the internet because they got someone killed.

Edit, I just found this on Tumblr:

are we really going to do this? i guess we’re gonna do this. some 15 year old kills herself because she couldn’t deal with bullying, and because her parents didn’t know how to be sufficient caregivers, and i’m supposed to give a fuck?

guess what assholes? bullying is a fucking joke. yeah, bullies are shallow and ignorant people, but if you’re getting bullied, put your nuts on the table and play the game. there are people who don’t have any food or clean water to drink, and you’re telling me you can’t deal with someone calling you “gay” or “whore?”

get over yourselves.

Apperantly bullying isnt a problem because some people live in poverty, or something.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:05:00 pm by thejebusfire »

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 12:15:24 am »
Oh the "not so different" card.  Yet another bullshit  arguement fundies use.  More proof that internet trolls and fundies have a lot in common. 

As for this Haunter guy, from what he said, why do I get the feeling he looks like this.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 02:25:39 am »
Every time I see the "person x has it worse off than you, so you dont have the right to be depressed" argument, I wish to castrate them.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:06:35 am by Deimos »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 02:32:55 am »
Every time I see the "person x has it worse off than you, so you dont have the right to be depressed argument", I wish to castrate them.

You too?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 04:37:22 am »
"Wish to?"  I start looking for my knife.  The rusty one.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 07:13:23 am »
Every time I see the "person x has it worse off than you, so you dont have the right to be depressed argument", I wish to castrate them.

You too?

Oh good, I'm not the only one, then.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze