Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139706 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #570 on: February 23, 2016, 07:32:27 pm »
Yeah the HBO series it was awesome. It was meant to go on longer but the set burnt down and it was fucking expensive.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #571 on: February 23, 2016, 07:34:15 pm »
That's what Lloyds of London is for! Yeah, I remember that now. Sad as hell.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #572 on: February 23, 2016, 10:14:22 pm »
Am I the only person then who rather liked the new BattleStar Galactica?  Apart from the last episode of course.  That was bollocks.

Season 3 is the best.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #573 on: March 05, 2016, 02:58:55 pm »
Just got around to watching the 3rd season of Tenchi Muyo and holy crap, can you tell how long it was between the 2nd and 3rd seasons.  The voice actor for Ryoko is either a completely different woman, or her voice changed DRAMATICALLY, becoming markedly more high-pitched, same thing with Mihoshi.  Tenchi's dad got a little bit more bass to his voice and Katsuhito's voice has also changed somewhat.  Thankfully, Washu's still the same or else I'd be quite angry, and so are Tenchi, Ayeka, and Sasami.  Also, damn, the emotional gut-punches come as early as the first fucking episode.  Seriously.  In the first episode, Tenchi's first line of dialogue with his father is, I shit you not, "Dad, how did mom die?"  Just, fuck.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #574 on: March 11, 2016, 04:12:24 am »
Been watching Sons of Anarchy and the season where they go to Belfast?  Wow.  I mean how do you fuck up the details of locations you were actually filming in?

For example, the scene where Clay throws the Belfast charter's President off a roof at the docks.  The background at one point shows the skyline of Belfast and they have the famous H&W shipping cranes (they're kind of the symbols of the city) between City Hall and the Divis hills - the opposite side of the city to the docks which is where the cranes actually are...you know, being shipping cranes and all.  But they filmed at the docks in Belfast, they even had shots of the real cranes so they knew where they were so why in the fake fake cgi background did they put them in a location that not only is wrong but makes no sense?  Even if you're a viewer unfamiliar with Belfast if you're paying attention it makes no sense because the cranes change location (they show the cranes as the Sons arrive at the docks).

The general geography is totally wrong as well, as are the police uniforms, guns and vehicles.  But it's geography for places they actually went to and filmed so they knew where these places were in relation to each other, and there's no way they filmed here for however many weeks and didn't see real police and their vehicles.  It has to be they knew what they were doing was all wrong but they didn't give a fuck.

You might think they couldn't get access to the real uniforms, cars, and guns but the film '71 got just about everything right, and it was a little Scottish film that cost about £12.50 to make.  And '71 is set in 1971 and still they got everything right.  It's almost like they, oh I don't know, did their research and actually cared about what they were making.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #575 on: March 11, 2016, 04:14:13 am »
Out of curiosity, is this what it's like watching almost any movie or TV show if you live in New York or LA?  How do people from those cities watch anything on TV or at the cinema without having a stroke?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #576 on: March 11, 2016, 10:19:59 am »
Willing suspension of disbelief.  In some alternate universe, LA ended up looking like Toronto, I'm sure.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #577 on: March 11, 2016, 11:56:01 am »
On a brighter note, after playing GTA and Need for Speed games, I have a good feel for how to get around in LA or New York, even though street names are wrong - I navigate by landmarks, anyway.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #578 on: March 13, 2016, 12:49:50 am »
Watching Yu Yu Hakusho for the first time in over a decade.  It is REALLY GOD DAMNED WEIRD hearing the voice of Frieza come out of the mouth of an old woman.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #579 on: March 13, 2016, 01:55:40 am »
Ah, 90s (funimation) anime. Or as I like to call it, The Chris Sabat show, with the man of 1000 voices, Chris Sabat.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #580 on: March 13, 2016, 10:30:45 am »
Chris Sabat is right up there, for me, with Crispin Freeman (Alucard, I pick his voice out of a show instantly) and Steve Blum (Spike Spiegel).  Only one that wins over them is Sean Schemmel, because that man absolutely NAILED Goku from day one.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #581 on: March 22, 2016, 05:53:24 pm »
I really was enjoying FOX's Second Chance show, but it seems like when I like a show other people just don't, and as a result the shows I like get cut short.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #582 on: June 20, 2016, 05:43:16 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX3u0IlBBO4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX3u0IlBBO4</a>

A scifi/western show on HBO. Produced by JJ Abrams and Jonathan Nolan. The cast includes names like sir Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris.

*Drool*

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #583 on: June 21, 2016, 11:30:57 am »
So I just got Netflix. Any recommendations?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #584 on: June 21, 2016, 11:40:26 am »
So I just got Netflix. Any recommendations?

I have a few.  There's the obvious Daredevil and Jessica Jones, but I think Grace and Frankie is worth a shot too.