Author Topic: Another Shooting. This Is Getting RIDICULOUS!  (Read 12181 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Another Shooting. This Is Getting RIDICULOUS!
« on: July 24, 2015, 07:19:10 pm »
Other freak has shot up a movie theater! I'm sick of this!

Here's about the latest shooting....
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/07/24/louisiana-shooter-was-a-nazi-tea-partier-who-wanted-to-sterilize-welfare-recipients-screenshots/
....Long before this happened, he tried to get a gun before, but gun-safety laws rightfully prevented him! If it was the same deal in all states, this shooting would have NEVER happened!

When Martin Bryant shot up Port Arthur in New Zealand, New Zealand & Australia cracked down on the gun-mania and passed sweeping gun laws!

How many more shootings will it take to wake up the U.S.A?! Sandy Hook, with it's heinous slaughter of innocent little tykes, was sure to be our "Port Arthur Moment".

But, no! The NRA sucks the gun-cock of the gun manufacturers!

Any idiot can read the 2nd Amendment and SEE that it doesn't say that everybody has a right to a gun! It says a WELL REGULATED MILITIA has a right to guns! The average Joe has to prove themselves worthy to own a gun!

We need to write petitions to the White House to DEMAND sweeping, nationwide gun safety laws! We need to force Obama to sign an executive order!

I'm sick of this! A fascist terrorist has shot up a movie theater....proceeded by a fascist terrorist who shot up a church as a bullet-lynching!

When will be our "Port Arthur Moment" come?! Logically, according to the usual script of modern history, it would have taken the bloody deaths of a bunch of innocent children in a school!

However the NRA decided to buck the trend!

When will our "Port Arthur Moment" come? What will it take? A mass-shooting at an NRA meeting?!

They say it's hard to change the law because of the 2nd Amendment. I say BULL! It's easy; Joe Q. Gun Nut is NOT a WELL REGULATED MILITIA!

WELL-REGULATED MILITIA: The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard....The Police!

What will it take for the sweeping change to take place? If over 20 small children getting blasted to bits won't do it, what will?

And can't Obama come up with an Executive Order?!

To those of you who own guns or support ownership of guns, keep in mind that I'm not saying we should ban guns wholesale. I'm saying that we need more gun-safety laws, background checks, strict regulations, obligatory gun safety classes and limits to how much guns one can buy and what kind.

A small pistol for self-defense or a shotgun for hunting (after background checks & lessons) is fine. But unlimited gun ownership for everyone & piles of military assault rifles is not!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:25:48 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Another Shooting. This Is Getting RIDICULOUS!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 07:30:25 pm »
Oh, you mean the Aussie gun laws that don't work?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-18/opinion/chi-the-failure-of-gun-control-in-australia-20130118_1_gun-control-mandatory-gun-gun-deaths

But I am in favor of stricter background checks.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 07:35:47 pm »
Sad to say this, but at this point I've just resigned myself to it. Also, am surprised that no one here mentioned the shooting at the military recruiter's office in Chattanooga that happened recently. As I have no TV and largely rely on this site for news, it made me look like an ass when one of my friends mentioned being sad and angered by "what happened in Chattanooga Sunday", as it was their hometown. Hate to sound right-wing, but I guess it doesn't matter as much when its soldiers getting shot up. While they're recruiting. In an American city. Eh, whatever. 
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 07:38:11 pm »
Sad to say this, but at this point I've just resigned myself to it. Also, am surprised that no one here mentioned the shooting at the military recruiter's office in Chattanooga that happened recently. As I have no TV and largely rely on this site for news, it made me look like an ass when one of my friends mentioned being sad and angered by "what happened in Chattanooga Sunday", as it was their hometown. Hate to sound right-wing, but I guess it doesn't matter as much when its soldiers getting shot up. While they're recruiting. In an American city. Eh, whatever.

I was under the impression that we had a mass shooting megathread, and expected it to be posted there.

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 07:42:43 pm »
Haven't seen one. And it would have shown in "recent unread posts" regardless. Which it didn't.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 07:51:25 pm »

I was under the impression that we had a mass shooting megathread, and expected it to be posted there.

There's a mass-shooting mega-thread? Oops! I had no idea! Sorry about that.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 07:55:09 pm »

There's a mass-shooting mega-thread? Oops! I had no idea! Sorry about that.

There isn't, but I thought there was.  It's my bad.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 08:00:18 pm »
Oh, you mean the Aussie gun laws that don't work?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-01-18/opinion/chi-the-failure-of-gun-control-in-australia-20130118_1_gun-control-mandatory-gun-gun-deaths

But I am in favor of stricter background checks.

That article didn't say much, though. Is there a bunch of more detailed articles with a bunch of examples of incidents of shootings and a detailed analysis of the trends?

All I see here is one guy with one pithy article that says "Australia passed gun control laws. It didn't work. Crime has been going down for years, anyway. The End". Also, the Chicago Tribune is very Right-leaning so they're bound to be critical of gun-safety laws.

That said, at least we both agree that there should be gun-safety laws.

We also need to deal with culture & psychology and start a pro-mentally ill movement to get better funding and care of those with issues upstairs.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:02:32 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 08:05:20 pm »
We also need to deal with culture & psychology and start a pro-mentally ill movement to get better funding and care of those with issues upstairs.

Yep.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 09:25:54 pm »
Too many nutcases with guns.  This isn't even counting the day to day shootings in Detroit. 

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 09:47:03 pm »
Other freak has shot up a movie theater! I'm sick of this!

Here's about the latest shooting....
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/07/24/louisiana-shooter-was-a-nazi-tea-partier-who-wanted-to-sterilize-welfare-recipients-screenshots/
....Long before this happened, he tried to get a gun before, but gun-safety laws rightfully prevented him! If it was the same deal in all states, this shooting would have NEVER happened!

When Martin Bryant shot up Port Arthur in New Zealand, New Zealand & Australia cracked down on the gun-mania and passed sweeping gun laws!

How many more shootings will it take to wake up the U.S.A?! Sandy Hook, with it's heinous slaughter of innocent little tykes, was sure to be our "Port Arthur Moment".

But, no! The NRA sucks the gun-cock of the gun manufacturers!

Any idiot can read the 2nd Amendment and SEE that it doesn't say that everybody has a right to a gun! It says a WELL REGULATED MILITIA has a right to guns! The average Joe has to prove themselves worthy to own a gun!

We need to write petitions to the White House to DEMAND sweeping, nationwide gun safety laws! We need to force Obama to sign an executive order!

I'm sick of this! A fascist terrorist has shot up a movie theater....proceeded by a fascist terrorist who shot up a church as a bullet-lynching!

When will be our "Port Arthur Moment" come?! Logically, according to the usual script of modern history, it would have taken the bloody deaths of a bunch of innocent children in a school!

However the NRA decided to buck the trend!

When will our "Port Arthur Moment" come? What will it take? A mass-shooting at an NRA meeting?!

They say it's hard to change the law because of the 2nd Amendment. I say BULL! It's easy; Joe Q. Gun Nut is NOT a WELL REGULATED MILITIA!

WELL-REGULATED MILITIA: The Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard....The Police!

What will it take for the sweeping change to take place? If over 20 small children getting blasted to bits won't do it, what will?

And can't Obama come up with an Executive Order?!

To those of you who own guns or support ownership of guns, keep in mind that I'm not saying we should ban guns wholesale. I'm saying that we need more gun-safety laws, background checks, strict regulations, obligatory gun safety classes and limits to how much guns one can buy and what kind.

A small pistol for self-defense or a shotgun for hunting (after background checks & lessons) is fine. But unlimited gun ownership for everyone & piles of military assault rifles is not!

Had me worried for a minute there, Barb. But I age with damn near everything you said 100%. And as a gun owner myself, I'd support any of those measures.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 10:21:09 pm »
If it would take just one, highly covered shooting to make Americans suddenly demand strict gun control, or the government to decide to pass it, then it would've already happened long ago with Columbine. The problem is that not only is gun ownership enshrined in the constitution, but both of those things are practically deified in American culture. Hence, trying to pass any sort of gun control, even when mass shootings are a regular occurrence, is political suicide and will only be overturned a short while later.

Offline SkyTrekTower

• Bishop
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 11:15:47 pm »
If it would take just one, highly covered shooting to make Americans suddenly demand strict gun control, or the government to decide to pass it, then it would've already happened long ago with Columbine. The problem is that not only is gun ownership enshrined in the constitution, but both of those things are practically deified in American culture. Hence, trying to pass any sort of gun control, even when mass shootings are a regular occurrence, is political suicide and will only be overturned a short while later.

Such movements have happened.  The now lapsed assault weapon ban came to be after a white supremacist attacked a California school playground with an AK-47.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockton_schoolyard_shooting

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 10:21:01 am »

And of course nothing at all happened between these incidents.

In the fairytale world of liberalism at least.

In reality, however:

June 22nd, 9 dead in Afghanistan in an attack by the Taliban (Muslim)
June 23rd, a gunman belonging to Boko Haram kills 40 in Nigeria (Muslim)
June 23rd, two female suicide bombers kill 30 in Nigeria (Muslim)
June 24th, a carbomb in Mogadishu kills 6.  Al Shabaab (Muslim)
June 25th, A series of carbombs in Syria kills 146.  ISIS (Muslim)
June 25th, Multiple suicide bombings in Baghdad kill 8.  ISIS (Muslim)
June 26th, An ISIS suicide bomber kills 20 in Syria (Muslim)
June 26th, Two ISIS members behead a man in France (Muslim)
June 26th, 24 dead and over 200 injured in a suicide bombing in Kuwait city (Muslim)
June 26th, 30 killed by armed ISIS gunmen in Tunisia (Muslim)
June 26th, 70 killed by Al Shabaab militants in Somalia (Muslim)
June 27th, Another spate of bombings in Baghdad kills 12.  ISIS (Muslim)
June 28th, Two suicide bombers attack a hospital in Nigeria, killing 5.  Boko Haram (Muslim)
June 29th, ISIS carbombing in Yemen kills 28 (Muslim)
June 30th, Taliban carbombings in Afghanistan kill 3 and injure 73 (Muslim)

So the total from June 17th to the end of the month is:
Evil Racists: 9
Muslims: 431

So in the 9 days from Charleston to the end of June Islamic terrorists were killing at an average of 48 people per day including FIVE SEPARATE ATTACKS ON THE SAME DAY.

Oddly enough the massive islamic bloodbath escaped your attention.  I guess you were too busy shrieking about a few throwbacks and their 19th century battle-flag...

Anyway, onwards to the bright future of July:

July 1st, 17 dead in ISIS attack in Egypt (Muslim)
July 2nd, 145 killed by Boko Haram in Nigeria (Muslim)
July 4th, Taliban attacks kill 7 in Pakistan (Muslim)
July 5th, Boko Haram kill 69 in Nigeria (Muslim)
July 5th, Boko Haram kill 26 in Chad (Muslim)
July 7th, Boko Haram suicide bomber kills 25 in Nigeria (Muslim)
July 7th, Al Shabaab militants kill 14 in Kenya (Muslim)
July 8th, 3 policemen beheaded by the Taliban in Afghanistan (Muslim)
July 9th, Boko Haram kill 5 in Niger (Muslim)
July 10th, Boko Haram kill 54 in Nigeria (Muslim)
July 11th, Boko Haram kill 4 in Nigeria (Muslim)
July 12th, Boko Haram kill 15 in Chad (Muslim)
July 12th, Boko Haram kill 4 in Niger (Muslim)
July 13th, Taliban suicide bomber kills 33 in Afghanistan (Muslim)
July 13th, At least 12 killed by Boko Haram in Cameroon (Muslim)
July 15th, Boko Haram kill 33 in Nigeria (Muslim)
July 16th, 5 dead and 2 wounded in Chattanooga, Tenessee (Muslim)
July 17th, Boko Haram kill 64 in Nigeria (Muslim)
July 17th, A series of car bombings in Iraq kill at least 100.  ISIS (Muslim)
July 20th, Suicide bombing in Turkey kills 32.  ISIS (Muslim)
July 23rd, Lafayette shooter kills 2 and wounds several.

So we're up to present day and thus far the July totals are:
Evil Racists: 2
Muslims: 669

So the overall total since (and including) Dylann roof is:
Evil Racists: 11
Muslims: 1100

And guess which one you people give more airtime to...

To be honest I can understand you ignoring things outside your own border, 'merkins aren't known for understanding that anything else exists.  But the one in Tenessee?  You libs really made a point of studiously ignoring that one eh?

I guess if he wanted the attention that badly he should have been flying the confederate flag, it's all you lot seem to give a fuck about these days...

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 10:55:57 am »
Troll, I see you ran out of rocks to eat under our bridge. I'd cite "false equivalence" to you, but one can't expect a rock eater to know there is a difference between apples and oranges.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.