Author Topic: Funnyjunk sues The Oatmeal. Hilarity ensues.  (Read 5277 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Funnyjunk sues The Oatmeal. Hilarity ensues.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 04:58:01 pm »
See here's what's gonna happen.  Dumbass is taking on the WWF.  That's the World Wildlife Federation.  This is the charity that took on the other WWF, World Wrestling Federation, and forced them to change their name.  And keep in mind that Vince had some deep ass pockets in those days.

Ironbite-dude is about to get eaten

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 06:10:12 pm »
See here's what's gonna happen.  Dumbass is taking on the WWF.  That's the World Wildlife Federation.  This is the charity that took on the other WWF, World Wrestling Federation, and forced them to change their name.  And keep in mind that Vince had some deep ass pockets in those days.

Probably by pandas.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 08:24:37 am »

Well, the name thing was a slam dunk case that deep pockets couldn't fix. Back in the day, after the company was going to change its name from World Wide Wrestling Federation to just World Wrestling Federation, Vince and co signed an agreement with the World Wildlife Fund stating that, on air, they would only say World Wrestling Federation, not WWF.

Well, after a decade of not doing that, and plenty of video evidence, the WWF got tired of wrestling journalists arriving at their environmental events, and told the World Wrestling Federation to put up or shut up.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »
Quick update for anyone interested: Operation Bearlove Good, Cancer Bad has raised $211,223.04 for the ACS and WWF; that's over 10 times the target amount! But of course, this genius of a lawyer, Carreon, is doing all sorts of legal shit to either A) make the donations inaccessible or B) claim that the fundraiser is in some way illegal. If I were The Oatmeal, this is about the point where I'd get other web comic writers (who's stuff has wound up on FJ) to gang up and shut that site down.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.