Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273781 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #600 on: July 26, 2016, 06:08:23 pm »
They make a good point, actually. America's biggest oil supplier are indeed a bunch of oppresive, totalitarian Islamic fundamentalist loons, and therefore buying elsewhere whenever possible should be very strongly encouraged.

This was my first thought also. Then I noticed the gringeworthy objectification of lesbians and after reading the context from behind the link the ad became even more offputting: it is fighting the movement against the tar sand oil excavation. You know, the most toxic way to get oil.

Still, separate from this context I do approve the sentiment of putting economical pressure on the Saudi regime.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #601 on: July 26, 2016, 06:17:18 pm »
Yeah the sediment is well and all but the message sucks hard.

Ironbite-like really  hard.

pyro

« Reply #602 on: July 26, 2016, 11:45:51 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks it sounds like a South Park gag?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #603 on: August 02, 2016, 02:50:36 am »
So if you've been following the conventions you probably heard the speech by the Khans, parents of a muslim american soldier who died in Iraq saving the rest of his unit.  Even if you weren't you probably heard Trump cruel attack on them that was low even for him.

But there is something even worse then Trump: Trump's supporters.  Two of them, Theodore and Walid Shoebat have started a conspiracy theory that the Khan family are actually members of the Muslim brotherhood.  Their Proof?  His father used the word sharia in some legal articles in the 80s and worked for a group helping Muslim immigrants.  This proves that Humayun Khan was actually a sleeper agent with a cunning plan to infiltrate the US military so he could... get killed by a suicide bomber saving other soldier's lives?  I what?

http://shoebat.com/2016/07/31/what-the-media-is-not-telling-you-about-the-muslim-who-attacked-donald-trump-he-is-a-muslim-brotherhood-agent-who-wants-to-advance-sharia-law-and-bring-muslims-into-the-united-states/

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #604 on: August 02, 2016, 11:11:36 am »
This is a Finnish text that is a guide to ethnic cleansing. https://sarastuslehti.com/2016/07/30/miten-etninen-puhdistus-toteutetaan/

I am not going to bother translating all of it since it is very long and disgusting, I am not sure if it already is a copy of a foreign text or if the two writers came up with it by themselves, but I wish to talk about the article...

First of all, the article is written with fancy sounding scientific and clinical words. They say"expulsive-exterminative ethnic cleansing" rather than genocide. They talk about "economic incentives," "'soft' doctrine" and start with "less extreme" methods of ethnic cleansing claiming that these are closer to European values of human rights and therefore preferable to genocide (though they never even use to word "kill" or "concentration camp" while talking about them.) In other words, this text has been written to appear clinical and distanced from the horrible reality that they try to defend genocide as a solution to Muslim immigration to Europe. This is the thing that disgusts me even more than their fantasies of genocide, they know how horrible their idea is and aren't able to use the real names for what they offer. They try to seem sophisticated and use scientific language as if that makes genocide less horrifying...

For a TL;DR version, they start by claiming as a fact that Muslims are taking over Europe and that this will end with them slaughtering the proper Europeans but they offer no evidence for these claims. Then having stated their "facts" they move on to explaining what ethnic cleansing means and offering step-by-step instructions for removing Muslims from Europe, either by turning them into second class citizens to make them not want to stay in Europe, violating UN and EU rulings on refugees to prevent more people from coming or removing them by force, genocide being the "final solution" if nothing else works. They also repeatedly claim that the longer it takes to start the ethnic cleansing the worse it will be and try to shift the guilt of these hypothetical acts onto those who have allowed Muslim refugees to enter Europe.

There is one particular bit that I will translate. The original:

Käytännössä tuhoaminen tapahtuu kemiallisesti ja muodostuva biojäte hävitetään asianmukaisesti prosessoimalla joko krematorioissa tai biologisesti mädättämö-kompostointilaitoksissa. Sivutuotteena muodostuu tällöin joko energiaa tai biokaasua; kiinteät aineet prosessoidaan esim. maanparannusaineeksi tai maatalouden alkutuotannon lannoitetarpeisiin.

In English:
In practice the destruction will occur chemically and the resulting organic waste will be disposed of appropriately by processing, either in crematorium or biologically in a putrefication-compost facility. The byproduct will then be either energy or biogas, solid matter will be processed for example as dressing or for agricultural needs as fertilizer.

...That was their description of mass murder. The murder of men, women, children, entire families and nations. That is how they describe killing thousands of people and using their bodies to make biogas and then using the remains to fertilize tomatoes or something.

Somehow this is even more discussing than if they were openly fantasizing about gassing children to death. It's so... Clinical and industrialized, they try to remove all emotions out of mass murder and think that it makes it more acceptable.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #605 on: August 02, 2016, 05:31:39 pm »
Essentially, its the Heydrich of the group writing it - he would have been just as thorough and clinical if he was tasked with eliminating tennis players as he would if he was tasked to eliminate Muslims or Jews. The specifics of who is being exterminated do not matter - all that matters is getting it done as quickly, efficiently and mercilessly as possible. He doesn't care about anyone's lives.

I imagine he doesn't particularly care for other members of the Finnish Nationalist Groups, because they're not as smart as he is. Heydrich himself utterly despised most other Nazis.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #606 on: August 02, 2016, 05:55:17 pm »
I read a post on the same site few months ago that was refreshingly self-aware. The writer admitted that the Islamic extremism and his own ideology are two sides of the same coin and if he was born in the Middle East he would probably end up wearing a bomb vest. He just thought that everyone needs to stand up for their own group and if it means bloodshed so be it.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #607 on: August 03, 2016, 03:37:39 am »
Trolls banned for cheating on Overwatch lose all of the shit.

Sadly .... i am banned ...
these mortals have angered me for the last time ... blizzard will feel my wrath

We are at war ..
War with Blizzard Every day they persecute us for our beliefs.
We have done nothing wrong, we are merely using our code to make certain colors on the screen get altered. There's no harm in that.
What's important is that the banned users are not victims. but (REDACTED) is.
Every day this site has to deal with Blizzard trolling us to death with their banhammers
If you want to our cause, you have to buy some CoreCoins.
If we get enough users buying CoreCoins, this site will grow and we will be able to hire agents wrth thos that can help us protect us.
Maybe on a court battle eventually.
My people donl have to take any persecution any longer. we must stop this great evil called Bhzzard
For a better future!
Invest on CoreCoins!

I got banned too, wtf. blizzard you're really gonna punish people who paid you MONEY for this game????

Blizzard you made a powerful enemy .
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not forgive.
We do not forget.
Expect us.
do you hav e a skype? how do i join anonymus

can i sue blizzard for this unfair ban

Delicious salty salt.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #608 on: August 06, 2016, 06:29:04 pm »
Some context would be nice. I have no idea why that statement is bad, whether it's serious or a joke, what it's about, or who's saying it.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2016, 11:14:13 pm »
Why have a boyfriend when you can have a girlfriend?

So women should become lesbians then?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #610 on: August 07, 2016, 12:06:08 pm »
Dammit! Pat Robertson said this would happen.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #611 on: August 07, 2016, 09:57:09 pm »
When I pointed out Politifact's Truth-O-Meter ratings for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump:

So basically you are saying [Hillary Clinton] is a politician who knows how to lie without lying. And [Donald Trump] is more of an average joe, inclined to examples of hyperbole to prove his point aka sterotypical [sic] american.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #612 on: August 08, 2016, 12:33:36 am »
When I pointed out Politifact's Truth-O-Meter ratings for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump:

So basically you are saying [Hillary Clinton] is a politician who knows how to lie without lying. And [Donald Trump] is more of an average joe, inclined to examples of hyperbole to prove his point aka sterotypical [sic] american.

...that is not how lying, hyperbole, politicians or average joes work...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #613 on: August 08, 2016, 12:39:20 am »

...that is not how lying, hyperbole, politicians or average joes work...

This is a guy who cites Infowars as a legitimate source.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #614 on: August 08, 2016, 01:57:35 am »
At least he didn't claim that Politifact is shilling for Hillary or something.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!