Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 23077 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Brexit
« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2016, 02:12:56 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-department-killed-off-by-theresa-may-in-plain-stupid-and-deeply-worrying-move-a7137166.html

I'm not saying that it is certain that the next government of Britain will make a horrible mess but it does start to look like that.

Scotland, Best-Ireland and Gibraltar better get out sooner than later.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2016, 04:16:07 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change-department-killed-off-by-theresa-may-in-plain-stupid-and-deeply-worrying-move-a7137166.html

I'm not saying that it is certain that the next government of Britain will make a horrible mess but it does start to look like that.

Welp if their appointment of Boris "picanninies"Johnson as Foreign Secretary hasn't convinced everybody that the Tories have their heads firmly stuck in the mud then this certainly will.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2016, 07:20:49 am »

Bittercelts can leave whenever they like.  Good riddance tbh.

But Gibraltar?  They are overwhelmingly in favour of basically not being annexed by the Spanish.  Not a chance in hell they'll leave.  However shite you think our government is going to get, at least we aren't Spain.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2016, 08:48:22 am »

Bittercelts can leave whenever they like.  Good riddance tbh.

But Gibraltar?  They are overwhelmingly in favour of basically not being annexed by the Spanish.  Not a chance in hell they'll leave.  However shite you think our government is going to get, at least we aren't Spain.
Those "bitter celts" might be better off looking to an arrangement with Ireland. We could even finally have true British federalism with England as a neighboring pariah state.

Something to ponder.

Maybe if the poms show sufficient humility they'll let the club, assuming they aren't too much of a liability by then.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2016, 09:22:12 pm »
Hey, it would be interesting if the Scots gained independence and made a serious attempt to join the Nordic council. If they got accepted as one of us the Estonians' reaction would be another source of amusement.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2016, 10:07:15 pm »
Hey, it would be interesting if the Scots gained independence and made a serious attempt to join the Nordic council. If they got accepted as one of us the Estonians' reaction would be another source of amusement.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2016, 02:21:02 am »
(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!