Author Topic: Merging back with FSTDT  (Read 6335 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Merging back with FSTDT
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 08:22:37 am »
Ultimately, I'd say its up to Sigma and Krad regarding the name, but both are good options.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 09:06:58 am »
But we were going to get FQA shirts and everything and I already burnt all my FSTDT stuff so I'll have to get new ones and... *grumble grumble*
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 09:38:48 am »
I say renaming is better. It'll make it easier for new users to find.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

shykid

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 07:00:56 pm »
Gonna put off adding a link to the mainpage until I hear back from Krad.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 07:26:02 pm »
I'll add a Forums link back to the mainpage navigation bar later today.

Should we rename back to FSTDT Forums or subtitle (i.e., "FQA: The FSTDT Forums") to keep users from getting confused?

Also, if we're joining forces again, I'm still leaving modding this place up to you guys.

Edit: When I say "later today" (and I do quite a lot), it means "I'm on my tablet or phone ATM," not "I'm lazy right now." Usually.
Yep, works for me.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 07:36:43 pm »
I like the idea. Get some fresh blood in. Maybe a better class of trolls.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 11:41:42 pm »
We deserve better than Dynamic Paragon.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 10:36:47 am »
We deserve better than Dynamic Paragon.

He's the ignorant troll that we deserve, but not the ignorant troll that we need.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 10:28:53 am »
Sorry, have not been checking regularly enough and missed this thread.

If y'all want to merge back, I'm all for it.
Σא

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 01:31:11 am »
I object most strenuously!

Seriously, go for it.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

shykid

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2017, 04:51:33 am »
Bumping this thread I abandoned because I got distracted by other things. I still really want to make this happen, and I'll be available today to post here and there, but I'll have the time to be a more active participant this weekend.

Here's a list of what all I'll need from you guys. Let me know if there's something I'm forgetting. When we get the two things done (and preferably decide something on the third) or just arrive at a general consensus on them, I will add a link to the forums to the FSTDT top navigation bar and a prominent mention on the front-page sidebar. The link will be "FQA Forums" until the first two things are done and decided on, then I'll change it to "FSTDT Forums" or just "Forums" depending on how we decide to go with the naming.

• Change the banner graphic to either "FSTDT Forums" if we do a full rename or to "FQA: The FSTDT Forums" if we decide on doing the subtitle thing We need also need this to be decided first since it will affect the next thing. I'm honestly cool with both and don't really have a preference for one over the other, but it seems everybody was in agreement that renaming to FSTDT Forums was the better idea. Everybody still in agreement on that? If nobody objects to me leading things, I'm going to consider this one decided in favor of FSTDT Forums.

• If we do the full change back to FSTDT Forums, then whoever is in charge of the hosting will obviously need to change the subdomain (back) to fstdt.digibase.ca, and preferably let fqa.digibase.ca redirect to the new URL for at least a couple months til everybody gets situated with the change. If things go back in favor of the subtitled name, then we can (and should) keep the subdomain alone as it is. I've contacted Krad and Sig again to let them know I'm paying attention to the thread again and that we're going to likely do a rename and need a subdomain change, but I can't really move things along on that. All I can do is message them, but doing that repeatedly is "getting on their nerves," not "moving things along."

• Keep being moderators. If you feel it's appropriate, you can make a moderator or even a co-admin here. I don't really expect that, though, and I don't mind either way. If it seems appropriate to most people to give me one of those titles, I'll accept it but it will have to be mostly a purely ceremonious thing. I don't have enough time or energy to run FSTDT and do anything more than light moderating here. I also refuse the title Administrator irrespective of what anyone says if it would take that title away from Krad, Sigma, or any another person. (Regardless of any of that, I will try to start posting here more again whether we make the FSTDT switch or not.)

• A while later, I want to make some changes to the FSTDT layout and color scheme, but not until after I get mostly positive feedback on a few mock-ups and keep making adjustments until I do get mostly positive feedback. It would be cool to change the color scheme of the forum to match the new mainpage color scheme, but that's obviously very low on the priority list and very optional. I'll start making the mock-ups and getting feedback several days before I know I'm going to be able sit down for a good few hours, make most of the changes, and test them they go live. I'll probably have that time in the middle of February, during spring break at the latest. What I've got in mind keeps the same grey background and side border that I added, but also incorporates red as a secondary accent color. Links would be adjusted to a shade of blue that matches it.

I envision the red appearing on a new old-school "Fundies say the darndest things!" front-page logo, as the background color of a redesigned top navigation bar, as the hover color of links, on borders added around the section images on the front page, as the background color of form buttons, and in a few other subtle places, while keeping the red in the (metaphorical) background as a purely secondary background color. For some reason, red feels like the color of FSTDT to me if that even makes sense. But not the same eye-searing red that was the background color of the site way way back in 2007–2008. Maybe in the same general hue range, but with the saturation cranked down until it no longer requires sunglasses and/or Excedrin to behold. Maybe also add just a smidgen of orange to make it red with a hint of scarlet.

But WTF shade was that old shade of red? Pure #FF0000?? What was who made it that color (Yahweh?) even thinking??? Or am I remembering the whole thing wrong, and it was never so bright that it was practically masochism to look at it for an extended period of time? ...I'm going way too far astray here and discussing things I haven't even proposed on FSTDT proper yet, so I'll stop now.

Edit: Shy fails list markup forever.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:28:32 am by shy »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 01:51:38 pm »
I'd been meaning to reply to this post, but hurray! I'm glad to see we've already returned to FSTDT.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

shykid

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 04:34:46 pm »
Transfer complete! Yay!!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 05:44:35 pm »
The fuck just happened, where am I now

This is not my beautiful house
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2017, 05:50:14 pm »
The fuck just happened, where am I now

This is not my beautiful house

And I'm not your beautiful wife. In fact, it would be really awkward if I were ANYONE'S wife.
Who needs a signature?