Author Topic: TVTropes for people in real life  (Read 33057 times)

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
Re: TVTropes for people in real life
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 07:28:04 pm »
Would Glenn Beck being against SOPA be an example of "Even Evil Has Standards?"

Yeah, that sounds about right. 

TV tropes does have a page for infamous youtuber VenomFangX 

Though I wonder how long it is until it's deleted. 

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 03:29:44 am »
Straw Hypocrite- Pretty much all Republican Candidates, but Romney (for criticizing Obamacare) and Gingrich (For Criticizing Clinton and Romney about Bain) stand out.

Rick Santorum

Crowning Moment of Awesome- Getting Glitterbombed.

Family Honor- The communist Santorums in Italy are not fans of him.

Insane Troll Logic- This- http://fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=84373

Jerkass Has A point- claimed if Gay people can get married, polygamists should too

Just for Pun- Santorum is surging. Santorum Stinks. Glitter sticks to Santorum. Romney doesn't want Santorum trailing behind him.

Neologism- Ooh boy...

No Such Thing As Bad Publicity- If he never brought up his "Google Problem", the link probably would have been forgotten by many.

Sliding Scale of Authoritarianism and Libertarianism- Very, very Authoritarian. To the point of banning contraceptives

Straw Hypocrite- Sued doctor for $500,000 for medical malpractice when he wanted the maximum to be $250,000

What an Idiot- Nearly everything he does, although comparing Gay Sex to bestiality sticks out the most since it gave his name a meaning.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 12:43:13 pm »
Barack Obama (YMMV on this)

Only Sane Man
Hero With Bad Publicity

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 02:43:03 pm »
What the Hell Hero- passing NDAA
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 10:14:16 am »
Nominating that we add Nepotism to George W. Bush.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 11:24:47 am »
I think we should add Magnificent Bastard to Dick Cheney's list...You can't be a Evil overlord without being a Magnificent Bastard also,the two go hand in hand ,just sayin'.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:32:43 am by nickiknack »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 03:46:10 am »
While Cheney is evil, you cannot deny the man was cunning. And ruthless.

He manipulated an impressionable idiot from a rich family into making him the most powerful VP in American History, he got away with murder, and teamed up with Wolfowitz and others to support a plan that essentially made Cheney into a one man version of The Patriots.

Mitt Romney

-Affably Evil: Well, until you piss him off or ask certain questions. Leading into...
--Villainous Breakdown: He has a lot of these, if Politico is to be believed.
-Manipulative Bastard: He played a lot of people into thinking his ascent would be inevitable.
-Smug Snake: He only wishes he was as clever as the Bush Regime Masterminds.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 02:26:18 pm »
Also for the Tea Party:

The Dragon (to the GOP and the uber-wealthy)

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 03:18:33 pm »
Also for the Tea Party:

The Dragon (to the GOP and the uber-wealthy)

Really? I view them as The Starscream. Right now they're acting all sweet and overtly loyal, but soon they'll try to take out the old republicans and replace them with those that are The Fundamentalist.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 03:37:23 pm »
Rick Perry

-Smug Snake
-Good Ol Boy
-Moral Event Horizon (his "Strong" video)
-What Do You Mean It's Not Awesome? ("I'm not afraid to admit I'm Christian")
-What An Idiot (He should have realized his "Strong" video would not have gone over well)

Jack Hyles (from the main page)

-Abusive Parent: Here.
-Complete Monster: He threatens people with hellfire if they don't beat their kids.  Nuff said.
-Crosses the Line Twice: Here he encourages his son to continue beating up a kid for calling his sister a name.
-Family Unfriendly Aseop: Right Here.
-Straw Misogynist: Many examples, but this one sticks out. 
-Values Dissonance: Suffers from this. 

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 05:01:38 pm »
Republicans in general:

It's All About Me
Politically Incorrect Villain
Villain With Good Publicity (again, thanks to Fox)
Too Dumb To Live
The Millstone (because their policies cause so many things to go wrong for America)
Smug Snake
Jerk Ass
Kill The Poor
Complete Monster (some of them, not all)
For The Evulz
Knight Templar
The Fundamentalist
Kick The Dog (the dog being the poor, minorities, women, etc.)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:19:29 pm by rtvc2012 »

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 11:55:49 am »
Not fundies, nor politicians, but two people from last year who I really despise.

Amy Chua: An Academic fundie who thinks western parents are too week because they let their kids have fun.  She is also a massive control freak    here is an article.  Be warned, this contains High Octane Nightmare Fuel. 

Tropes
-Abusive Parent: And How!
-Broken Base: Some people actually think she's right. 
-Complete Monster: The emotional abuse she puts her daughters through goes beyond well intented extremist.  Not letting her daughter use the bathroom until she finishes the song was her Moral Event Horizon. 
-Education Mama: Is this in spades.
-Family Unfriendly Aseop: So many to choose from.
-Heel Face Turn: It appears that she regrets some of her more extreme methods now.  However, from what I read, she's still pretty extreme.
-Jerkass: Understatement of the century.
-My Beloved Smother: Another understatement.
-Politically Incorrect Villain: She thinks those who aren't super successful are "losers", and also comes across as pretty racist in the article.
-Smug Snake: She could be the queen of smug snakes.
-Strawman Has A Point: Yes Amy, a child's self esteem is important.  It's also important for them to have fun. 
-Up To The Eleven: Again, her methods are a lot of tropes taken to extreme levels. 

Second Person: Judge William Adams.  Lesser evil, but still pretty disturbing.  Family court judge who dealt with child abuse cases.  Gained attention when his daughter uploaded a video she recorded of him beating her with a belt.  Here is a link to the video.  This too, contains High Octane Nightmare Fuel.

Tropes

-Abusive Parent: Though not as extreme or terrifying as Chua, he still qualifies. 
-Break The Cutie: "I'm gonna beat you into submission".
-Cluster F Bombs: Uses this a lot in the video.
-Corrupt Hick: According to his daughter, he had a lot of influence over the small town they lived in.
-Jerkass: He doesn't come across as very sympathetic.
-Karma Houdini: Though he suffered some internet backlash after the release of the video, he is apparently still a judge after only a small suspension (with pay!) 
-Manipulative Bastard: Was able to convince the world that his daughter was blackmailing him over a mercedes.  YMMV on how true that is though.
-Smug Snake: Comes across this way in the interview. 
-Would Hit A Girl: Shows no restraint beating his daughter and actually seems to get off on it.

God TVtropes is fun.

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 04:24:06 pm »
Travis Fey
http://fstdt.net/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=31988

Domestic Abuser
Complete Monster
Would Hit A Girl
Jerk Ass

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 04:37:20 pm »
I'd like to put forth FSTDT as a site for:

Guy on Guy is Hot
Girl on Girl is Hot
Tsudere (We love them. We hate them. We Love them. We HATE them. Generally towards RR)
We engage in the Group Hug
And we love At Least I Admit It

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 11:54:14 am »
This isn't a trope, but it should be for many Republicans:

Have I Mentioned I Am Christian Today?