Author Topic: Ask Sandman  (Read 46475 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Ask Sandman
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2012, 02:08:09 pm »
Fun fact: That song is based on me.
So who was it that entered you?

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2012, 12:42:22 pm »
Unsliced bread, of course.

The song is "Enter Sandman," not "Entering Sandman."
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2012, 12:47:27 pm »
...why is it so hard to let go of those we still love?
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Art Vandelay

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2012, 02:00:53 pm »
The song is "Enter Sandman," not "Entering Sandman."
Well now you're just grasping at straws.

C'mon, fess up. Who was it that entered you?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2012, 02:23:35 pm »
Why did I just *know* It would be Art to ask that question? :p

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2012, 02:58:21 pm »
Because the only thing that allows us to survive is hope, but hope sometimes works against us.

Nope. Sorry. It's "Enter Sandman," as in stage directions. It is the Sandman doing the entering.

Because Art, like all humans, is true to his nature. And Art's nature is being a filthy little bugger. :)
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Art Vandelay

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2012, 03:02:06 pm »
Nope. Sorry. It's "Enter Sandman," as in stage directions. It is the Sandman doing the entering.
If it were Sandman doing the entering, it would be "Enter, Sandman". Without the comma, it can only mean that Sandman is being entered.

C'mon now, out with it.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2012, 03:46:48 pm »

Because Art, like all humans, is true to his nature. And Art's nature is being a filthy little bugger. :)

Isn't that part of a quote from a Satanic Bible, the part about man being tru to his nature?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2012, 04:46:09 pm »
Ah, but in stage direction, there is no comma. Check and mate my little friend.

Not a direct quote, but the basic gist is in there. But it's also in a lot of other books, too. LeVey plagiarized/paraphrased most of what is in the Satanic Bible from earlier writings and beliefs. Or as practitioners would say, "distilled." Ah well, if Shakespeare can do it, I guess anyone can.

I can't speak to whether or not Art is in the Satanic Bible.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2012, 05:55:13 pm »
What's your favorite kinda meat?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2012, 07:08:13 pm »
Steak

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2012, 07:11:51 pm »
What made you choose the name "Sandman"?
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2012, 08:37:33 pm »
Question already answered. Read the thread.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2012, 09:08:49 pm »
You ever hear the song Celtic Sonant by Ray Thomas?  When I play it now I think of you.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2012, 09:10:06 pm »
Does it annoy you when people repeat themselves? Also, do you find redundancy irritating? How about when people ask the same question several times, as though they'll get a different answer?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.