Author Topic: PMs Lost  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
PMs Lost
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:39:01 pm »
After finally being able to get back on here, I went to my inbox and discovered that all my PMs were gone. Any explanation? This is really irritating because I had several I wanted to save.

I talked to two others, and they both have all their PMs.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
Re: PMs Lost
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 11:52:56 pm »
The downtime was in regards to an issue with a router and was in no way an outage that caused loss (the machine hosting the forums remained completely operational during the time). I would recommend attempting to log out and log back in to see if this could resolve the issue.
~Krad Xeron

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 12:03:05 am »
I've done so, to no avail. Is there any way my account can be rolled back?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 12:22:45 am »
Unfortunately rolling an account back would require rolling the entire forums back in a situation like this and would result in further losses since the PM issue (posts would be lost, so forth). I have checked the database backend and the data for the PMs are still there.. this is puzzling why the forum software has been effected in this manner in regards to a single accont.

I have run several forum software maintenence scripts to check for errors in the database, none were found during the run process..

I have sent you a PM to test the PM system in regards to your account.

If it comes down to it, what I shall do is export what the database backend has and provide that data to you, this way at least you'll have the PMs themselves.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 12:36:25 am by Kradorex Xeron »
~Krad Xeron

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 12:40:34 am »
That sounds good. Are there any other possible causes? I'm rather curious.

And thanks for the help.

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 08:33:20 am »
Just to update here as well: I have emailed the relevant PM data, this will be tentatively 'resolved' in that the PMs are recovered, but still remain open in investigation. The reason for the disconnect between the forum software and the database is currently unclear.

I will create a junk account and attempt to replicate the incident and the parameters in the PMs in your PM folder(s). There could have been a property that was set enabled that archived or hidden the PMs in question, if that's the case, I can unset that but still the reasoning is unclear.
~Krad Xeron