Author Topic: Xian pizza place -- advocates killing gay people?  (Read 3485 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Xian pizza place -- advocates killing gay people?
« on: July 10, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »
Have a look here and make up your mind.

They've commented about that sign on their facebook page.

A couple of days ago the supreme court sent down a ruling that another of God's Laws mean nothing to this nation. Ruling That same sex couples have the same rights as normal married couples. Heavenly Pizza Pies of Searcy in response put Leviticus 20:13 on their board outside. It appears that some our under the impression that We as a company support killing someone if they are homosexual. We as a company believe strongly in God's word and believe that no one is better then anyone, We are all sinners in need of a savior. We as a company believe that it is time for Christians to stand for God's word and not pick and choose which part we feel is ok to follow. We as a company don't support same sex marriage, but we still care for everyone and would do anything to help. We posted a Bold Verse out of God's word, something that as a nation we have forgotten. As a nation we have taken God out of schools, we have taken prayer out of school and the work place, and now we take another one of God's law and throw it away. We will stand bold in honoring God's word in and out of the work place. If you were upset with this verse, remember its God's word, we will all stand before him in judgement.

So, classic "notpology" then?

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
Re: Xian pizza place -- advocates killing gay people?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 09:31:46 pm »
Asshats. This e-sult oughta sum our opinions.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA8mM1YOHKM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA8mM1YOHKM</a>
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:37:34 pm »

Pretty much. Notice they never actually say "No, we don't support killing gay people". They just say some people got that impression. And, after posting a verse that says that you should kill men for fucking other men, they say that they don't believe in picking and choosing from the Bible. I cannot see any way to interpret this as than "We cannot openly say 'kill them gaymosexuals' because that would be bad PR, but strongly hinting at it and never clearly denying it looks like taking a stand, at least to our fundie consumer base".

I don't think they actually want to kill gay people (under most circumstances...).  I think this is just pointless grandstanding and its effect would be ruined by clarity of message either way.

Also they do weird things with capitalization, but that's not terribly important.
Σא

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 06:34:17 am »
Have a look here and make up your mind.

They've commented about that sign on their facebook page.

A couple of days ago the supreme court sent down a ruling that another of God's Laws mean nothing to this nation. Ruling That same sex couples have the same rights as normal married couples. Heavenly Pizza Pies of Searcy in response put Leviticus 20:13 on their board outside. It appears that some our under the impression that We as a company support killing someone if they are homosexual. We as a company believe strongly in God's word and believe that no one is better then anyone, We are all sinners in need of a savior. We as a company believe that it is time for Christians to stand for God's word and not pick and choose which part we feel is ok to follow. We as a company don't support same sex marriage, but we still care for everyone and would do anything to help. We posted a Bold Verse out of God's word, something that as a nation we have forgotten. As a nation we have taken God out of schools, we have taken prayer out of school and the work place, and now we take another one of God's law and throw it away. We will stand bold in honoring God's word in and out of the work place. If you were upset with this verse, remember its God's word, we will all stand before him in judgement.

Translation: 

"We wouldn't LIKE to see gay people put to death, but we strongly believe that gays should consider that there are people who will be glad to maim or kill them if they openly flaunt their gayness in public before revealing themselves openly.   These people will be punished, of course, but it would better for all concerned if homosexuals just kept their unnatural tendencies quiet and under wraps.  Especially for them.

Kind of reminds me of those charming posters of abortion doctors and supporters with crosshairs over them and their home addresses and phone numbers.  Naturally, the people who made them were completely unaware of the message they sent, and honestly wanted nothing bad to happen to anyone, but golly gee, they had no control over what other people read into them and totally couldn't be held responsible when some unstable asshole decided to blow up the clinic or shoot the doctor in the back in the middle of church services.   

*retch*
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 10:07:03 am »
The total disconnect with what they say and what they think worries me.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 10:32:53 am »
Probably shitty pizza. They could always practice what they preach, break up the pizza stones and hurl them at sodomites. You know they want to... :P
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 02:17:43 pm »
Did anyone happen to catch the reaction from one of the place's supporters on Facebook?  I can't post it here because it's a screencap so I can't copy-paste.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 03:44:15 pm »
We need someone to record themselves going in there with a member of the same sex and just start making out while they wait for their pizza. I'm sure their reactions would be great.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 04:27:19 pm »
That "apology" could be as contrived as it appears to be. Even worse, it could be a dramatic indication of their murky thought process.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:17 am »
Love how their so-called "apology" really let out what was in their subconscious mind.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 06:27:23 am »
Could we organize a flash mob there via the more populated parts of the internet to go in and have tons of people start making out with the same sex? Like, just gay makeout sessions everywhere?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 06:31:49 pm »

[/quote]

I agree, the voices have spoken to me as well and they have commanded me to create a legion of followers to have the unholy purged from this world so only the blessed may work to prepare a temple for the greatness of nythrovurgs dark powers to reform the land into his glorious domain.
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)