Author Topic: Holocaust happened because of Gun Control...  (Read 2528 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Holocaust happened because of Gun Control...
« on: June 19, 2012, 07:22:12 pm »
At least according to Joe the Plumber, remember him?  Well I have heard this before, as I am sure most others on here have.
http://gawker.com/5919653/joe-the-plumber-claims-holocaust-happened-because-of-german-gun-control

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBTDMLZwdpE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBTDMLZwdpE</a>

I just thought that this online comment from some random person on the site was so well thought out and complete that it deserved to be shared.

And the best part, the assumptions are not correct. The German Weimar Government in 1919 put the gun laws in effect, the Nazi ascended to power in 1930's not with guns but by convincing gullible voters that they had a better answer.

It is true that the Nazi kept the laws in place and reaffirmed them in 1938, not 1939, but still as always with this crowd, the facts get in the way of a great narrative that somehow jewish shopkeepers facing the horrors of Kristalnacht and the slow and steady removal of rights would have re-written history with some guns.

The Allied Forces (hey Joe that's the US too) enacted these gun regulations as part of the Treaty of Versailles:

"Within two months from the coming into force of the present Treaty, German arms, munitions, and war material, including anti-aircraft material, existing in Germany in excess of the quantities allowed, must be surrendered to the Governments of the Principal Allied and Associated Powers to be destroyed or rendered useless."

On Aug 7, 1920 the Law of Firearms and Ammunition extended the restriction to keep military arms out of the hands of citizens.

So maybe one of the other lessons here would be to NOT lose a war against Western Democracy, including the US.

In 1928, the law relaxed the standards allowing citizens to own guns and revoked the 1919 restrictions - that would be easing the law to allow citizen to re-arm, not increasing them Joe.

And here's what the 1938 law did:

1. Lifted ALL the restriction to NAZI party members.
2. Lowered the age from 20 to 18.
3. Extended permits from 1 year to 3 and, oh yeah,
4. Denied gun manufacturing, and ownership to JEWS.

Joe, for the god's sake try to learn some damn history.

There were no gun restrictions if you were a NAZI, the actual restrictions were part of the Treaty of Versailles which was negotiated by the Allies but technically never ratified by the US.

So it was not even the German people who actually put the restrictions in place.

Or, you could just keep on making up history to suit your own narrative, but either way the facts don't agree with your narrative, at all. 2 hours ago

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
Re: Holocaust happened because of Gun Control...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:51:07 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Germany

I would like to think that this idiotic (and rather offensive) myth has finally been put to rest...but we all know the gun lobby will keep repeating it.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 08:00:49 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Germany

I would like to think that this idiotic (and rather offensive) myth has finally been put to rest...but we all know the gun lobby will keep repeating it.

They can drop Germany and still have Cambodia, Russia, the whole ridiculous Swis tangent that they go on, and I know there are others I have neglected to mention...Oh yeah Italy, probably nowadays some BS about Kony, anyone else please feel free to add...   

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:31:21 pm »
OH SHIT NO.

Keep that obscenely stupid excrement pile out of Congress. They're dumb enough as is, but he might bump them down to second grade speaking level or something.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 01:21:53 am »
Nazis being allowed to have guns in Germany during that time basically meant that if you weren't one of the "undesireables"(Jews, homosexuals, Gypsies) you could own a gun, because legally every German was required to be a member of the Nazi Party!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 01:45:10 am »
I'm not sure they really get the idea of the Swiss giving everyone guns. 

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 04:06:03 am »
What did they invade Poland and France with then, feather dusters?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 07:11:52 am »
I can never help but see it as a subtle, implied threat when an ad focuses so strongly on its subject shooting shit up.
-A Pen Name