Author Topic: Child concentration camps are a billion dollar business in USA  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/detaining-immigrant-children-is-now-a-billion-dollar-industry

You know, I honestly thought that private prison industry in USA was as bad as it could be...

In May, the agency issued requests for bids for five projects that could total more than $500 million for beds, foster and therapeutic care, and “secure care,” which means employing guards. More contracts are expected to come up for bids in October.

Because obviously this is something that should be given to private sector...

USA: Why haven't you started a revolution yet?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

Re: Child concentration camps are a billion dollar business in USA
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 07:22:54 am »
Drain the swamp, he said.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 08:30:32 am »
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/detaining-immigrant-children-is-now-a-billion-dollar-industry

You know, I honestly thought that private prison industry in USA was as bad as it could be...

In May, the agency issued requests for bids for five projects that could total more than $500 million for beds, foster and therapeutic care, and “secure care,” which means employing guards. More contracts are expected to come up for bids in October.

Because obviously this is something that should be given to private sector...

USA: Why haven't you started a revolution yet?

Because any revolution we'd start would be immediately destroyed by a little thing called the United States military.  A killing machine that can kill 24/7/365 without rest.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 07:01:06 pm »
We've only got Democracy to get us through social change.

Ironbite-and thanks to Bernie Bros and a 20 year smear campaign, we might have set the world back 50 years.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 01:05:39 am »
...right back to 1941 and a very specific period of time in America and Germany.

We're taking the worst of both America and Germany for these camps. Keep in mind, I do assume killings are happening in these camps - hence why some people ended up unable to be found. They NEVER say outright that "oh, we're gassing x y or z". Its always just a place to put em.

Honestly at this point Trump, Pence, Coulter, and a lot of the GOP bigwigs should be dragged into the Hague for trials.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 01:23:55 am »
Honestly at this point Trump, Pence, Coulter, and a lot of the GOP bigwigs should be dragged into the Hague for trials.

As should a good chunk of the Bush and Obama administrations (including the Presidents themselves).

But the American Service-Members' Protection Act (or "Hague Invasion Act") basically says, na na we can commit war crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Service-Members%27_Protection_Act
https://www.hrw.org/news/2002/08/03/us-hague-invasion-act-becomes-law
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 04:07:09 am »
I can not honestly imagine what kind of person would unironically think that putting private corporations in charge of these prisons is for the good of the country. I can easily imagine the kind of person who claims so while getting money for saying so though...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 11:12:02 am »
It really has nothing to do with what's good for the country. It's all about what's good for big business. And, right now, a broken prison system partially (read: largely) designed to keep marginalized people disenfranchised and oppressed is good for big business.
Who needs a signature?