Author Topic: Shit Arizona does  (Read 3530 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Shit Arizona does
« on: April 14, 2012, 05:42:48 pm »
At this point, we really just need a thread to AZ asshattery. What the new shit this time? Teaching the bible in school as an elective! It's totally cool if it's not mandatory, right guyz?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmRMIvpglUg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmRMIvpglUg</a>

Fuck you Jan Brewer, read the goddamned First Amendment, then finish the Bill of Rights and shut the fuck up.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Shit Arizona does
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 05:59:00 pm »
Love how Terri started off making sense then realized that I dont need to.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 09:08:15 pm »
I don't see what is wrong with this. My school has a religion elective where we teach some of this.

And Cenk is wrong, we're allowed to teach to Bible, we just can't preach it. I don't see what is wrong with treating it like a historical piece of literature like the Odyssey.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 09:10:22 pm »
Teaching generally leads to preaching.

Ironbite-its how these morons work.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:01 pm »
I don't see what is wrong with this. My school has a religion elective where we teach some of this.

And Cenk is wrong, we're allowed to teach to Bible, we just can't preach it. I don't see what is wrong with treating it like a historical piece of literature like the Odyssey.
I know but by the sounds of what the lawmaker said the intent is evangelizing

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 09:27:08 pm »

Not only that, but, having not watched the video, I assume they're probably only going to teach Christianity, or at least put the strongest emphasis and give the most time to Christianity.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 12:17:31 am »

Not only that, but, having not watched the video, I assume they're probably only going to teach Christianity, or at least put the strongest emphasis and give the most time to Christianity.
Well they said 'bible' specifically, instead of 'various religious texts', and this is the same state that's outlawed ethnic studies because they don't want minorities to realize just how badly their ancestors were fucked by whitey.

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 12:33:26 am »
A school I used to go to taught a bible class, and it was a public school. Though I do live in Oklahoma.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 12:59:29 am »
Wooooooow...uh, Arizona, thank you.  You make Arkansas look progressive by contrast.  The closest thing Central ever had to a religious course was a course on mythology.  Which would've been awesome if they included Christianity...just to watch the mouth-foam and impotent whargarbl.

THE CONSTITUTION, MOTHERFUCKER!  HAVE YOU READ IT?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 01:23:05 am »

Well they said 'bible' specifically, instead of 'various religious texts',

i still don't see what's wrong with specifically teaching the bible. It's a long book that has many different interpretations.  Millions of people have lived and died based on this book. It had a very great influence for centuries in Europe and the Middle East, is and created and used a buttload of tropes, and has been referenced in and influenced countless other books and movies.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/TheBible?from=Main.TheBible

It is the most bought book, the most shoplifted book, and the most studied book, even more than Elements and Hamlet.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 01:31:47 am »
I'm not inclined to trust that the people running Arizona intend to use this class for purely educational purposes, not after all the shit they've been doing for the past few years. If it really is for educational purposes, great, though I'm willing to put good money on the chance that proponents of this bill would flip their shit if someone wanted to simultaneously teach the Quran or the Satanic Bible.

Offline Heretek

• Neonate
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 01:36:26 am »
Well if it's an elective then at least the people who take it will be choosing to do so, it doesn't seem like anyone's being forced and as long that's the case then I don't see the problem.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 02:14:42 am »
inb4 "states' rights"
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.