Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 155885 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #780 on: October 05, 2018, 02:51:06 pm »
I find that absolutely hilarious.

Also, (suprisingly) Guest verified finally gave me a halfway decent answer on what he thinks the "tenets of atheism" he keeps talking about are....

Here you go. This was written by an atheist himself:

The Four Tenets of Atheism

1. The universe is purely material. It is strictly natural, and there is no such thing as the supernatural (e.g., gods or spiritual forces).

2. The universe is scientific. It is observable, knowable and governed strictly by the laws of physics.

3. The universe is impersonal. It does not a have consciousness or a will, nor is it guided by a consciousness or a will.

4. Meaning comes from the living world.

As I said to him, that's basically nothing but 4 different ways of saying "I don't believe in the supernatural," ain't it?

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #781 on: October 05, 2018, 03:06:16 pm »
Do you think he wrote that himself?  Or copied it from somewhere?
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #782 on: October 05, 2018, 04:04:35 pm »
Do you think he wrote that himself?  Or copied it from somewhere?

He got it from some site, I'm guessing.  He did say it was written by an atheist, after all.

......and a quick Google search gives the answer:

http://www.thinkatheist.com/forum/topics/the-four-tenets-of-atheism

Which, now that I think about, is really rich coming from him, with how he accuses people of "copying stuff from an atheist site" or whatever.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 04:07:11 pm by KingOfRhye »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #783 on: October 05, 2018, 04:26:43 pm »
Apparently he didn't read the thread beyond the first post.  The same guy who wrote it later replied with

But surely all atheists believe these things.  Maybe to call them tenets is too much, because we're not so organised as a movement.  I can call them something else, like common beliefs.

I think they're all an inevitable consequence, a corollary, of not believing in a God.

Which goes along nicely with what I said to Guest before I read that:

They're not really four separate tenets, they're more like.....corollaries of not believing in the supernatural.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #784 on: October 05, 2018, 04:33:18 pm »
He is also the kind of guy who loves to tell you that there is a gay agenda followed to the letter by all gays simply because one or two very political gay people DID write a book with that title even though no one has ever read it or heard or it.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #785 on: October 05, 2018, 04:40:11 pm »
He is also the kind of guy who loves to tell you that there is a gay agenda followed to the letter by all gays simply because one or two very political gay people DID write a book with that title even though no one has ever read it or heard or it.

Yeah, exactly, because one atheist says something, he'll think all atheists think the same thing.  Amos does the same thing all the time too, whether it's about atheists or something else.  You'll say "all Xs don't think Y" and he'll say "oh yeah, here's this X who says Y" thinking that proves you wrong.

Also, the funny thing about what Guest quoted is that the first three "tenets" were actually from an article elsewhere by some pastor, entitled "Why There Are No Good Atheists."  Maybe he should have just used that one....

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #786 on: October 09, 2018, 09:53:12 am »
I spotted Guest Verified and Amos shit talking a few people on the Breitbart board.  I don't know what some of this means since these guys are so into their own conspiracy theories.  Take from this what you will.  I suspect Guest Verified is full of shit about Vic Nicholls being a woman.

Most interesting to me is that Guest Verified seems to be female!  (She refers to Amos and herself as "brother and sister" below).

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/breitbartproduction/report_catholic_church_faces_gravest_crisis_since_protestant_reformation/#comment-4135688343

Guest Verified:
Bro, just wanted to let you know that vicnicholls is a she, not a he, and has been working with Bob Rumba's group to get you banned from Christian News. She has been calling Christian News complaining about you and others. She is being coached by the losers at Rumba's site. She in turn is coaching them on how to needle you on Christian News. Just a heads up. She claims you and everyone posting there are not "real" Christians.

Amos Moses:
yeah .... it is a lot of energy they spend on both of us ....and others ... thnx for the heads up ... i cannot even imagine how or why is anyone spending that much time on what i write ....i mean you and i went round and round last year .... we disagreed quite a lot .... but i do not recall thinking you were not saved ... never tried to get you removed just because we disagreed .... silly reasoning ... and Christian News was very tolerant .... and gracious .... and they still are ...these guys get themselves banned .... they violate the site rules ..... and then blame others for their plight .... and it is just a gossip den over there .... i have always said ... it is their house and their rules ..... i can be banned at their desire just like them .... i get accused of being a mod there .... ridiculous .... and YES you and i are brothers in Christ even if and when we do disagree .... false converts cannot get that .... or refuse to ... you know that page is still accessible and our hundreds of comments still there .... and we are both still here .... and not banned .... i said some things i regret .... but true christians can do that ..... and that says more about why we consider them to not be converted .....

Guest Verified:
No two people agree on every single issue. Yes, you and I have disagreed on only one issue over all these years, and in the end, we are still brother and sister. Victoria has a lot to learn. At this point, it's pretty hard to believe she's born again, particularly since the two topics of abortion and homosexuality are what set her off so much. She has no problem associating with blasphemous folk on a forum with a crude name, but clutches her pearls when it comes to Christians talking about Christian things on a Christian forum.

Amos Moses:
it is interesting that she seems to claim a reformed position .... wants people to be saved ... ok ... good ... saved from what .......if you wont tell them what they need salvation from ... with specificity .... how will they know they need repentance ..... if you have no conviction .... there is no salvation ....

i am the worst evangelist .... i am somewhat a street preacher .... i have to attract attention ... i use the truth of their situation and yet it is perceived by many as "unloving" ... they say i am judgmental and hateful .... you know .... the whole leftist liberal smears .... and you know .... when it comes to someone saving another from death .... and they want to argue about the method .... that we pulled them out of their certain death to quickly or incorrectly or whatever .... and if they were not saved it is our fault for not doing to their satisfaction ...... when there is no promise that all will be saved ... and i take hits for it ... just the way it is .... but what is really weird ... she is evangelizing them .... and not doing a terrible job .... because some of them seem to actually like it ....

so i kind of feel like i should make them dislike me more so that they will listen to her ... and now if they read this .... they will either be very confused ... or turn on her .... i do not know ........ too funny ......... Christ has some really inventive ways of getting his message to people ......
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 02:18:35 pm by BobRumba »

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #788 on: October 26, 2018, 12:14:14 am »
Yes, and the one that I think (quietly and optimistically) may have done Amos in.  I suspect he's now banned.

EDIT:  Amos has not posted on Christian News Network now in 24 hours...a record amount of time by his standards.  He HAS been posting on Lady Checkmate's channel.  Chances of Christian News Network bannination looking more likely.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 10:08:34 am by BobRumba »

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #789 on: October 28, 2018, 02:50:15 pm »
Susan Perelka
It always astounds me and deeply saddens me to see a heart so cold towards their fellow man. Dehumanizing anyone is wrong, we are all created in the image of God. You may not agree with someone, but to inflict bodily harm upon them is just pure evil. My heart goes out to this community. My heart goes out to the jews brutally slaughtered here. Such hatred is truly disgusting. I have no idea if people like this will ever turn away from such evil, but love hopes they do one day. There is healing and forgiveness through Jesus. He can take away your heart of stone and give you a heart of love towards God and towards people. All you have to do is believe. May God help these dear people heal from the trauma they have endured. May He comfort them. In Jesus name. AMEN
https://christiannews.net/2018/10/27/pittsburgh-synagogue-shooter-identified-yelled-all-jews-must-die-as-he-opened-fire-killing-11/

And yet she firmly believes these 11 victims will spend entirety in hell because they died without accepting Jesus.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:17:13 pm by Bob J. »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #790 on: October 29, 2018, 09:34:49 pm »
Still no Amos on Christian News.  Is it safe to pronounce him banned?

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #791 on: November 29, 2018, 12:53:50 pm »
That place is like the fundie Kleenex box, one fundie gets tossed out and another one pops up.

Amos is gone - good, right?  Nuh uh.  Check out "edwitness".  Crazy as a box of fucking frogs.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #792 on: November 29, 2018, 01:44:22 pm »
That place is like the fundie Kleenex box, one fundie gets tossed out and another one pops up.

Amos is gone - good, right?  Nuh uh.  Check out "edwitness".  Crazy as a box of fucking frogs.

Does he at least not have Amos's stupid verbal tics?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #793 on: November 29, 2018, 02:17:19 pm »
Does he at least not have Amos's stupid verbal tics?

You come to expect the verbal tics when the person is an idiot.  This guy's an idiot without the tics which takes some getting used to.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #794 on: November 30, 2018, 09:55:32 am »

That "a sphere is a circle" (which he's using to support the claim that Isaiah 40:22 says the Earth is a sphere) crap is driving me up a wall.