Author Topic: Internet Names  (Read 24096 times)

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
Internet Names
« on: January 26, 2012, 04:46:04 am »
Here's where people can explain the history behind their internet names.

Me, I decided a few years ago that changing up my internet names too much was too much of a hassle, so I decided to have a total of five to rely on with only three decided on so far.

VyseDarkmane - My first name used on a roleplaying game while being in a clan of vampires back in 2003, generally my choice when a requirement is a proper first and last name for something.

Veemonthedemonking - A name using my favorite childhood series's character and a awesome title, probably my best known one although I don't use at much seeing how alot of websites cap out characters long before 18.

Syaoranvee - Based on my favorite anime character over all, Syaoran Li, though I knew that name would likely be taken everything and knowing that "Li" is generally pronounced "Lee" I went with "Vee" and decided to go with vee theme throughout my names.

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
Re: Internet Names
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 05:08:27 am »
My current name, Alkaline, is taken from a Circle of Dead Children song.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Tigger_the_Wing

• Hell's Granny on a GoldWing
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 06:54:17 am »
Once upon a time (actually 1978) I owned a Suzuki GS400 that had been nicknamed 'Tigger' by friends because it was so bouncy (terribly soft suspension). It was the first motorcycle I owned to which I attached a sidecar, and it was this outfit ('Tigger & Co.')  that I was riding when I met my husband. By this time, people had started giving me Tigger paraphernalia which became a tradition that continues to this day.

Fast-forward a couple of decades and many, many motorcycles later and we became the proud owners of a GoldWing. Unfortunately, I hardly ever got a chance to ride it because hubby loved it so much! So a year later I bought my own GoldWing when I found one for sale that had been fitted with a sidecar and simply fell in love with it. I called this one 'Tigger Too' or Tigger the 'Wing' to distinguish it from the first Tigger & Co. The name 'Tigger' started to be attached to me as well as the motorcycle in the bike clubs.

When I needed to get an online pseudonym somewhere, I tried 'Tigger' but it had been taken; I found 'Tigger_the_Wing' hadn't been and have used it ever since.

The actual Tigger the 'Wing is at home with my daughter; as well as being in the photo below, with me on the West coast of Ireland.

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:01:51 am »
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
Yes, it's all right...
Jumping jack flash is a gas, gas, gas!

Thanks to EBA, it's the very first song I've downloaded. And it's still one of my greatest favorites.
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:22:53 am »
Rosenewock21 comes from early in 1999 when I'd gotten a computer for christmas. My very first computer, my very first time using the internet at home (public library since directly after my 12th birthday, bot not at home). And the loves of my life were a pair of bottle fed kittens named Rose and Ewock. Rose was named after Titanic. Ewock had had a condition when he was a newborn that made his eyes look all buggy and alien like, so I named him after the first aliens I could think of. I was not a Star Wars fan and would not learn until much later that I had misspelled Ewok. And the 21 was because my family was doing rescue work at the time, so between our personal pets and our fosterlings there were 21 animals roaming around between 2 houses.

I also used to use yamiawaiitsu for aol. Yami=Darkness, Awai=Light, Itsu=Peace. I told people it meant you had to find the balance between dark and light to truly find peace.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 10:42:08 am »

Look familiar? No... Fine.

L Word season 3. Shane doesn't have a job anymore. So, her friend Chase has a skateshop called "Wax" and he decides that Shane should have her own 'chair' there (Shane's a hairdresser). So... Shane for Wax was born. And I took it up because it was less conspicuous than my old name (Which is my gamertag and other people have stolen. >.<)

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

deadpandoubter

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:49:43 am »
My first screenname ever was based on my IRL name and a character from Jimmy Neutron who was allergic to everything and constantly got sick. Also SQUIRRELS.

Deadpandoubter...I dunno, I first came up with it right after I figured out that all of my religious views were lies, that I'd been lied to all my life about things as basic as "where did we come from?", so I joined up at Yahoo!Answers, chose this user name, and heckled everyone in the Religion area. Pretty sure Satan's still my buddy there.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 11:12:25 am »
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
Yes, it's all right...
Jumping jack flash is a gas, gas, gas!

Thanks to EBA, it's the very first song I've downloaded. And it's still one of my greatest favorites.

Huh. And all this time, I thought it was because you were born in a crossfire hurricane.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 12:44:49 pm »
My original name on the old forum was "untilitsleeps" from the Metallica song. I entered the IRC with that name, and Shivahn (Cagnazzo) said she was going to call me Sleepy. And so a new name was born.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

QueenofHearts

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 01:12:51 pm »

:P :P :P

I can't think of any overall great reason, just a lot of small reasons kind of fell into place.
1. I've always had a thing for Harley Quinn. I remember watching Batman when I was seven and thinking she was just the coolest person (all but the battered women's syndome, but that's the Joker for you  :(). I figured if the Joker had the joker playing card, then Harley would be best represented by the QoH.
2. I used to play Texas Hold'em, and the Queen of Hearts was instrumental in me winning a fair amount ($500+). I ended up hitting a straight flush to the queen. To this day, that is the best hand and most won off a single hand I've ever had (although to be fair, I don't play poker any more, so those records will likely retire). Since winning that, the QoH card has become a good luck symbol for me.
3. I liked the sound of it as a screen name when it came to me and was very surprised no one had taken it.
4. I love the band Queen.
5. I love heart designs and like the band Heart
6. To an extent, I enjoy people lusting for me. I find it an affirmation of my femininity (i.e. I enjoy being the Queen of their heart).
7. Most importantly, I feel like its a somewhat unique screen name which accurately represents me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:14:23 pm by QueenofHearts »

Offline maanantai

• Likes to Move It Move It
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 01:27:17 pm »
I hate mondays. Monday = maanantai. Kind of love/hate relationship I was having with myself when I needed a name to use at fstdt related things (I like to keep different areas of my life separated).

Offline Dan

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 01:38:29 pm »
I have no imagination.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 01:44:05 pm »
It's clunky, clumsy, and doesn't roll off the tongue well.   However, it was my first username and has continued to be over the years.   Mostly because the name is always free... and for good reason.

Oh and I like Space and Progressive Rock.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 01:51:28 pm »
I was reading Marilyn Manson's autobiography back in the day, and in it he said he once had a chicken and he named in Jebediah and I loved the name and it stuck.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 02:33:03 pm »
Comes from the Smurfette Principle, which is the trope that in a group of fictional characters, all but one of the teammates will be male. Most of the groups I've been in, I've been the only girl, hence the name.