Author Topic: Hi  (Read 5188 times)

Offline TPFKADF

• Neonate
Hi
« on: March 31, 2012, 11:45:30 pm »
Um, hi, I wasn't sure where to put an introduction thread, so general discussion seemed to be the safest place.

Veterans of the whole "Fundies Say the Darndest Things" site might remember me from a few years ago. Circa 2006, my quotes were frequent features on the FSTDT site, and I eventually joined the FSTDT forums too at that time, although I have noticed that the forums seem to have changed quite a bit several times over the years. I was then known as "Defensor Fidei", and at that time I promoted a rather hateful brand of religious fanaticism, complete with racism, anti-Semitism, and especially homophobia.

Now, I could just pretend that this previous incarnation never existed, but I think it is important to let everyone know that people can and do change.

If there is anyone left from six years ago who wants to attack me, feel free, but I really don't know what to say. I really cannot tell you what was going through my immature teenage brain when I was saying such terrible things. There is no way in hell I would try to defend anything that was said back then, and I have no motivation to do so. I hate the person I was back then.

In the present-day, I am basically agnostic, and also openly bisexual. The most important thing in the world to me is to show love toward other human beings. I hope you will be able to forgive me for my past transgressions against humanity, though I'll understand if you just want to hate me.

Anyway, sorry again if this is in the wrong place, I might have had too many drinks and missed the place where 'introductions' are supposed to go...but I just really feel I had to say something like this. Again, I'm really sorry about all of the horrible things I said years ago, and I hope you will be able to forgive me. It's been so long and yet I must say I love all of you as my brothers and sisters.  :)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 12:51:57 am »
I don't know who you are nor do I care.

Ironbite-WELCOME TO THE PARTY!

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 03:04:46 am »
Welcome to the forums, TPFKADF. ;D
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 03:06:42 am »
hiya, newbie.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 03:34:53 am »

But seriously, it's always nice to have a new member. We have nothing against you. There are at least a few ex-fundies here. At one point the guy with the highest rated quote on the main page, nautical999 AKA "McDonalds angels and Levithan in the bathtub guy", was welcomed on the old forums with open arms even though he was arguing nonsense even by fundie standards(Though I wasn't there at the time).

I wasn't here back in '06 so I looked up your quotes. They're really mild. I hear worse in school on a daily basis ("The calender is the way it is 'cause Jesus said so"). Hell, we have crazier, more offensive people running for president. Maybe I've just been around here long enough that I'm desensitized it. You sound more sane now than some of the members here.

Now we have to make you a brony  ;D.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 03:43:01 am »
You've got the balls to apologize for your mistakes, on the internet no less. That earns you over 9000 internets in my book.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Dan

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 04:07:27 am »
I wonder...
(click to show/hide)

Offline TPFKADF

• Neonate
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 02:50:21 pm »
Well, hey, thanks for all the kind welcomes.  :)

@MadCatTLX,
Yeah looking back on the things I said in the past, I think they are more silly than offensive. If I ran into my former self I'd probably laugh at and pity him more than feel offended. But to be clear, it wasn't just the Christian Forum quotes on the FSTDT main site, I also joined and was for a time an active member of the FSTDT Forum itself. I don't know to what degree I really believed in such bullshit, or whether it was all just trolling for attention...I did kinda enjoy getting my quotes posted to FSTDT.  ;D But either way of course it doesn't excuse the things I said.

Maybe if there's one thing the Catholicism I once adhered to has ingrained on my subconscious, it's the relentless sense of guilt and the need to openly confess my sins to achieve atonement...:P I just feel really bad about all the ridiculous things I said about Jewish people and non-Christians, and especially with all the suicides and everything, I feel particularly terrible about fostering an atmosphere of hate toward LGBTQ people.

And yeah Dan, I see it is April Fool's Day, but my thread was posted on March 31...to be honest I stumbled in mildly drunk last night hoping to get to sleep early, couldn't fall asleep, decided to browse the web for a bit and somehow ended up on FSTDT and felt compelled to post this, I really had no idea what the date was. In retrospect I kinda wish I had come back as my old self for a day just as a sort of April Fool's prank, but I guess I kinda screwed that up already, I'm always bad at pulling off pranks.   ::)

But yeah, the April Fool's will have to just apply to everything else I ever said on FSTDT, I really do mean everything I said in the OP...

And anyway, I do have a couple of questions. For one, I thought I had already created this account several months ago, but it wasn't being recognized last night...then I realized I have bookmarked a separate "FSTDT Refugee Board" which is also active and where I might just repost this...are these fora in competition or something?

Also when I was posting here all those years ago, the admin of the site was an individual named "Yahweh" who I believe at that time was in the process of transitioning from male-to-female...is she still around here somewhere?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 03:13:58 pm »
The FSTDT Refugee Board is the old board that we no longer use. We transferred to this one back in early January. If there's an occasional post over there, it's probably either one of our regulars joking around, or a newbie who is unaware of the transfer.

As for Yahweh, I haven't seen her in ages. She posted a bit back at the Refugee board, but never made a return as a regular poster.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline TPFKADF

• Neonate
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 03:21:55 pm »
Why thank you, Sleepy, I guess this is the place to be then.   :D

I look forward to hopefully getting to know you all.  :)

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 04:10:52 pm »
Welcome!
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 04:41:51 pm »
Welcome!

It takes a lot of strength to change and acknowledge that one made mistakes in the past, so uber kudos to you for that. We have a few members who are former-fundies like yourself -- if they can fit in, so can you. :)

Hope we'll be seeing more of you.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 07:27:05 pm »
I was here six years ago, and your current post is a real -- and pleasant -- surprise.  Anyone who considers the possibility that he was in error is a rarity nowadays.  Don't worry about the Catholicism.  I ditched it more than 50 years ago.  As you grow older you'll realize it was the best thing you ever did.  Welcome!  It's nice to have you here.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 09:09:09 pm »
I'm afraid I don't recall you (though you may have been before I joined) but welcome all the same!

As a former fundie myself (though not one who managed to get himself quoted on this site) I have to say this.

There's absolutely no need to condemn you, here in the now, for the mistakes you made in the past.  You owned up to them.  You acknowledge them.  And that is why you are a good person.  Or so I assume. :)

Well, we pretty much welcome anyone to these forums, unless they're spambots.  Spambots can go discard data and walk into walls repeatedly for all I care.

So, welcome!  Welcome to our dysfunctional family of dysfunction! :D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Cloudy

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 09:17:27 pm »
Good to have you here.  I made some ridiculous arguments when I was a Christian (though I don't know if I ever would have been considered a fundie), so I totally understand.  Hope you enjoy your stay!