Author Topic: Quickest lost erection EVER  (Read 5189 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Quickest lost erection EVER
« on: February 14, 2012, 07:25:55 pm »
and it was mine after I read this:
The "movie accurate" replica includes such details as a hole at the front of the deck where Marty McFly, played by Michael J. Fox, ripped out the handlebar and pole and features the same neon-rrific coloring. According to Mattel's press release, it also makes multiple whooshing noises and "glides" over most surfaces. The company didn't provide much detail on how it glides, but one thing's for sure: It does not work on water. Dangit!

Are people actually expected to buy these fucking things? 
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57376747-1/marty-mcfly-wannabes-your-hoverboard-awaits/

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
Re: Quickest lost erection EVER
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 11:18:21 pm »
Apparently not.  The company must think they won't sell to well since they won't even go into production on them until they get a certain number of pre-orders.  We'll see.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 06:16:30 am »
It's merchandise for a 25y orld movie which despite its age still has a solid fanbase. What's wrong with that?
Or are you disappointed because on first read you thought it would be fully functional?

(Though I'm wondering whether the prominent Mattel logos are 'movie accurate'.)
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 05:10:14 am »
Allow me to demonstrate my feelings on this matter in the following flow-chart:

"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 06:33:21 pm »
That is awesome ^

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 03:18:40 am »
It's a hoverboard just like in the movie*.  Who wouldn't want it?

*Not intended to be a factual statement.