Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 389360 times)

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #915 on: April 15, 2017, 01:15:56 pm »
Is that what you call hard as a rock?

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #916 on: April 15, 2017, 03:39:57 pm »
YOUR Prez, Radiation. You made your bed now sleep in it.
YOUR Prez, Radiation. You made your bed now sleep in it.

Was that really necessary?

Radiation voted for this President, and the evidence for this sort of behavior was all over his campaign.

Radiation chose not to see it for what it was, because "brown people taking white people jobs".

So I'll say it again.

Radiation, you voted for this lunatic. You subscribed to alt-right viewpoints and helped to elect a madman consumed by his own ego. You made this bed for yourself, with all its urine stains. NOW SLEEP IN IT.

Really? You're going to say that kind of shit to me? As Lana has said, I do regret my voting decision but instead you have to act like a dick toward me? That isn't really being fair.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #917 on: April 15, 2017, 05:31:38 pm »
So does anyone ever notice that whenever a politician proposes expanding Medicare, or increasing tuition subsidies for low-income students, or forgiving student loan debt, or spending money on rebuilding civic infrastructure, the immediate outcry is "But how will you pay for that?", but when a politician proposes spending an extra $54 billion on the military, no one makes a peep about its affordability?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #918 on: April 15, 2017, 06:36:57 pm »
Because we've conditioned to see those sorts of expenditures as a "bad thing".  We Americans really can't actually grasp the fact that the world has moved on from a manufacturing economy to a service one.  And service jobs are a finite resource.

Ironbite-the whole world might need to suffer another economic collapse before anyone figures that out.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #919 on: April 15, 2017, 09:09:34 pm »
Because we've conditioned to see those sorts of expenditures as a "bad thing".  We Americans really can't actually grasp the fact that the world has moved on from a manufacturing economy to a service one.  And service jobs are a finite resource.

Ironbite-the whole world might need to suffer another economic collapse before anyone figures that out.

And considering Prima Donald's economic policies, I don't think one's that far off...
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #920 on: April 15, 2017, 09:32:59 pm »
She already regrets her decision. You don't need to twist the knife like a goddamn sadist.

This is niam we're talking about. I'm not sure if he's physically capable of not twisting knives.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #921 on: April 15, 2017, 11:47:44 pm »
She already regrets her decision. You don't need to twist the knife like a goddamn sadist.

This is niam we're talking about. I'm not sure if he's physically capable of not twisting knives.

Admittedly true.

However consider this.

Radiation says she regrets her vote - but does she regret, really regret, the thought processes that led her to voting for this man. I remember quite well indeed that she said she supported him because he was not politically correct, that she resented the term white privilege as if it was a direct insult to her, and that she disliked that Mexicans were taking jobs and that there were "predominately Mexican jobs". She admitted to listening to alt-right perspectives, and listed a few she listened to.

Even if she regrets voting for Trump, could she honestly say she would not vote for another charismatic demagogue offering an end to all these brown people taking jobs and being politically incorrect and courting the alt-right, but swearing up and down he would not intervene in other countries or start a war.

And when he inevitably breaks that promise - men like Trump have ALWAYS been apt warmongers no matter what they say - will we get more regrets then?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #922 on: April 16, 2017, 12:33:17 am »

Admittedly true.

However consider this.

Radiation says she regrets her vote - but does she regret, really regret, the thought processes that led her to voting for this man. I remember quite well indeed that she said she supported him because he was not politically correct, that she resented the term white privilege as if it was a direct insult to her, and that she disliked that Mexicans were taking jobs and that there were "predominately Mexican jobs". She admitted to listening to alt-right perspectives, and listed a few she listened to.

Even if she regrets voting for Trump, could she honestly say she would not vote for another charismatic demagogue offering an end to all these brown people taking jobs and being politically incorrect and courting the alt-right, but swearing up and down he would not intervene in other countries or start a war.

And when he inevitably breaks that promise - men like Trump have ALWAYS been apt warmongers no matter what they say - will we get more regrets then?

>Implying any of that justifies kicking her while she's down

Yeah, she said a lot of things I pretty strongly disagree with, but I'm not going to bite her head off over them. Let's try and be constructive, by having an actual conversation with her. It's better than vindictively insulting her. Seriously, you're coming off like a goddamn sociopath.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #923 on: April 16, 2017, 12:43:28 am »

Admittedly true.

However consider this.

Yeah, she said a lot of things I pretty strongly disagree with, but I'm not going to bite her head off over them. Let's try and be constructive, by having an actual conversation with her. It's better than vindictively insulting her. Seriously, you're coming off like a goddamn sociopath.

...that is what I am.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #924 on: April 16, 2017, 12:58:23 am »

Admittedly true.

However consider this.

...that is what I am.

Wait. You mean, you've been diagnosed?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 01:08:39 am by Lana Reverse »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #925 on: April 16, 2017, 01:25:19 am »
If we're doing internet diagnoses can I have ten to go thanks?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #926 on: April 16, 2017, 01:39:29 am »

Admittedly true.

However consider this.

...that is what I am.

Wait. You mean, you've been diagnosed?

I saw a psychologist last year for that.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #927 on: April 16, 2017, 03:12:18 am »
...but swearing up and down he would not intervene in other countries or start a war.

Don't forget that half the time Trump said that the US shouldn't be intervening and that they should be spending money at home, and the other half of the time he said "You have to take out their families."

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #928 on: April 16, 2017, 03:39:33 am »
...but swearing up and down he would not intervene in other countries or start a war.

Don't forget that half the time Trump said that the US shouldn't be intervening and that they should be spending money at home, and the other half of the time he said "You have to take out their families."

Trump said one thing to impress the non-interventionist types, and the other to convince warhawks he was going to juse Waffen-SS tactics on ISIS be more commanding and powerful in the Middle East.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #929 on: April 16, 2017, 03:44:23 am »

Trump said one thing to impress the non-interventionist types, and the other to convince warhawks he was going to juse Waffen-SS tactics on ISIS be more commanding and powerful in the Middle East.

I know, I know, and everyone heard what they wanted to hear and assumed he didn't actually mean the other and laughed at people who pointed out that he was on both sides of the issue.