Author Topic: Kidnapped for Christ  (Read 10810 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Kidnapped for Christ
« on: July 31, 2014, 02:05:53 pm »
#Invalid YouTube Link#

Basically a video where parents have their gay son kidnapped in an attempt to brainwash him through torture and abuse, and all FOR JESUS!

What's worse is their insurance covers this crap because the assholes call themselves a legit organization.  I have a feeling if I was there, even though back in my teens I was Christian, I would've escaped, burned the place down, and then gone after my parents.  There's no excuse for this bullshit!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Kidnapped for Christ
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 02:08:57 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0S79SGJx-Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0S79SGJx-Q</a>

Basically a video where parents have their gay son kidnapped in an attempt to brainwash him through torture and abuse, and all FOR JESUS!

What's worse is their insurance covers this crap because the assholes call themselves a legit organization.  I have a feeling if I was there, even though back in my teens I was Christian, I would've escaped, burned the place down, and then gone after my parents.  There's no excuse for this bullshit!
I'm sorely tempted to cap the monsters who did this.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 02:24:29 pm »
It's not kidnapping when guardians force their child (under the age of majority) into a situation. Like it or not, children are practically property of their guardians.

If you have a problem with that, you should consider a powerful framework for state intervention into how parents are allowed to raise their children.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 02:33:46 pm »
It's not kidnapping when guardians force their child (under the age of majority) into a situation. Like it or not, children are practically property of their guardians.

If you have a problem with that, you should consider a powerful framework for state intervention into how parents are allowed to raise their children.
Problem is, that could set a dangerous precedent.  Like so many issues, we have to find the sweet spot between "too far" and "not far enough".

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 02:44:51 pm »

Really?  I'm pretty people have been convicted for arranging the kidnapping of their own children before.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 02:54:44 pm »

Problem is, that could set a dangerous precedent.  Like so many issues, we have to find the sweet spot between "too far" and "not far enough".

How about we start with the verbal and physical child abuse?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 03:16:44 pm »

Libertarians would have none of it. This is why the United States enjoys the esteemed company of Somalia and South Sudan in not being party to the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 01:16:28 am »
Kid? Rights!? Why should kids have rights? They can't vote!
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 01:52:06 am »

Libertarians would have none of it. This is why the United States enjoys the esteemed company of Somalia and South Sudan in not being party to the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We're such a great country.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 02:26:31 am »
Hence why I feel absolutely no patriotism. There is nothing to be proud of in a proudly selfish country.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 03:50:42 am »
I love how there is this image of America being the land of the free and the righteous, and how many Americans believe that wholeheartedly, all the while being denied basic freedoms and rights that even backwards 3rd world countries have adopted.

It is just a marvelous logical disconnect.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 04:27:54 am »
I love how there is this image of America being the land of the free and the righteous, and how many Americans believe that wholeheartedly, all the while being denied basic freedoms and rights that even backwards 3rd world countries have adopted.

It is just a marvelous logical disconnect.
I was thinking the same. It's one of, if not the most authoritarian 1st world country on the planet, and yet so many Americans think it's a bastion of freedom and liberty. Never underestimate the power of propaganda, I suppose.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 05:08:21 am »
Anyone who would send their kids to a place like that does not deserve to have children.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 07:38:49 am »
Anyone who would send their kids to a place like that does not deserve to have children exist.

Fixed that for ya.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 11:08:19 am »

Screw you, that's not a right. The right to arrange the kidnapping of your child is in no way even recognized by sensible people, though man-god worshipers in the "Libertarian" Party may think otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:10:37 am by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.