Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139894 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #525 on: January 02, 2015, 10:04:08 pm »
I admit I like American Horror Story Freakshow, mostly for the deranged, oddly engaging, psychopathic man-baby that currently functions as the main antagonist.

Helps he is played by Finn Wittrock.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #526 on: September 13, 2015, 06:09:06 pm »
by the powers of the damned, let this thread rise from its dark slumber. i call upon the necromantic gods to revive this thread.

just finished season three of hannibal.

quick explanation. this series is based of the books by thomas harris. the events happen before the events in red dragon (chronologically, before the silence of the lambs). we meet will graham, a criminal analyst (for lack of a better term), who partners up with psychiatrist hannibal lecter to solve a series of crimes by a serial killer nicknamed the chesapeake ripper.

the series is aesthetically beautiful as it is deranged. i loved every minute of it. not just because it elevates gore to an art level (litterally. the corpses are made to look beautifully refined), but because it is a show that has a real vibe to it. the mysteries make you ponder, the cliffhangers keep you on the edge of your seat, and the acting... oh, my, the acting. truly a perfect cast, and gorgeously shot. the scenario is full of twists and turns that keep you guessing.

i'm not much for shows, but this leviathan rocked my world hard. i loved the books, the movies (well, the silence of the lambs and red dragon, the other two were a miss), and this show is a worthy heir to the books.

go watch it now.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #527 on: September 13, 2015, 06:14:02 pm »
Does anime count? I've been watching Revolutionary Girl Utena, and I really dig it.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #528 on: September 13, 2015, 06:31:41 pm »
Kamen Rider Drive is about to end and I will have a sad.  Even the bad guys I've come to grow and love.  Well except for one.

(click to show/hide)

Ironbite-so glad he's getting what's his next episode.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #529 on: September 13, 2015, 08:51:06 pm »
by the powers of the damned, let this thread rise from its dark slumber. i call upon the necromantic gods to revive this thread.

just finished season three of hannibal.

quick explanation. this series is based of the books by thomas harris. the events happen before the events in red dragon (chronologically, before the silence of the lambs). we meet will graham, a criminal analyst (for lack of a better term), who partners up with psychiatrist hannibal lecter to solve a series of crimes by a serial killer nicknamed the chesapeake ripper.

the series is aesthetically beautiful as it is deranged. i loved every minute of it. not just because it elevates gore to an art level (litterally. the corpses are made to look beautifully refined), but because it is a show that has a real vibe to it. the mysteries make you ponder, the cliffhangers keep you on the edge of your seat, and the acting... oh, my, the acting. truly a perfect cast, and gorgeously shot. the scenario is full of twists and turns that keep you guessing.

i'm not much for shows, but this leviathan rocked my world hard. i loved the books, the movies (well, the silence of the lambs and red dragon, the other two were a miss), and this show is a worthy heir to the books.

go watch it now.

I'm only up to season 2 (it's what's up on Netflix) but I fully endorse this.
Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #530 on: September 19, 2015, 03:43:23 pm »
I'm not sure if this show is out yet but it looks interesting.

I saw the first trailer today:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlwV3scCgAM</a>
This was apparently some sort of proof of concept and it certainly got my interest.

Note that the show has an EVIL MIME.

Also note that the EVIL MIME looks a bit like the gang from Clockwork Orange but maybe that is just me.

Also note that the EEEVIL MIME can make weapons by miming their use. He pretends to use a detonator and a building blows up. (Also you always see what he is using from the shadows.)

...The main characters also seem interesting and I like the cute romance thingy between them...

MORE VIDEOS:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFT-lPzuOr0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFT-lPzuOr0</a>
So they turned it into 3D CGI rather than drawn but this is not a major problem.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebWKLH8pzo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ebWKLH8pzo</a>
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #531 on: September 19, 2015, 09:41:40 pm »
I saw this a while ago and forgot about it!

It's already started airing in Korea, release in America is supposed to begin in December.
Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #532 on: September 20, 2015, 03:11:57 pm »
Ok, so I do get WAY too excited over new things occasionally and I was able to track down the first two episodes of Ladybug (Korean voices english fansubs) and it does seem like an ok show but I am not happy with some of the things.

a) No sign of the EEEVIL MIME yet.

b) The original 2D trailer showed Adrian rejecting Marinette's advances just like Ladybug rejects Cat Noir's advances and it made it into a funny, symmetrical love comedy, based on them not knowing each others secret identity. In the actual series Ladybug is seen rejecting Cat Noir's advances and flirting but Marinette never actually gets rejected by Adrian. Instead they have her clumsily fail all her attempts to ask him out or confess her love. He doesn't even notice that she is interested in him. I suppose it is possible they did for comedy's sake to focus on her being "clumsy and awkward" but this spoils the symmetry and I fear it might have been done simply because they don't want to show a girl get rejected by the guy she is in love with (at least not when the "victim" isn't the "cruel, clingy and shallow" girl that seems to "deserve" not being liked by the guy.)

Meanwhile there seems to be no hesitation on showing a guy getting rejected by the girl he loves.

c) I am going to spoiler this guess on the big reveal on the show:
(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #533 on: September 22, 2015, 06:48:45 pm »
The first episode of Psychobitches was just shown in the Finnish TV. An awesome series about women from history and legends talking to a therapist. What does Edith Piaf regret, Sarah bragging about Abraham's virility, Judy Garland going through a manic episode, Jean d'Arc as a rebellious teen...

I couldn't resist checking more clips from Youtube.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADGrq8cQco" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ADGrq8cQco</a>

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #534 on: September 23, 2015, 12:37:20 pm »
I caught the pilot for the new Muppet Show. It's done like The Office, a fake documentary whe they're talking to the camera. Too early to tell how good it'll be, but I like the concept. Could be pretty good for the folks who remember the Muppets.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #535 on: September 30, 2015, 01:56:34 pm »
In couple of weeks Star Wars Rebels comes back on. YAY!!!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #536 on: September 30, 2015, 05:00:56 pm »
And last night Agents of Shield came back.

Ironbite-JEMMA LIVES!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2015, 05:42:29 pm »
And last night Agents of Shield came back.

Ironbite-JEMMA LIVES!

as soon as i get a good connection (and not this public network stopgap) i'm so jumping back onboard. shame it couldn't to happen to hannibal as well, or cowboy bebop...

hope that 343 keeps popping some halo shorts as well, forward unto dawn and halo nightfall were awesome.

and because of my cruddy internet speed, i'm back to watching trigun, after being on a batman the animated series (+ batman beyond) binge.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #538 on: October 16, 2015, 12:46:07 pm »
sorry for the double post.

got a good connection. watched agents of shield. made of win.

also,

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKtoEM22l9Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKtoEM22l9Y</a>

7 parts, this is my favorite. courtesy of the bbc, truly, a rocking documentary series.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #539 on: October 18, 2015, 06:52:27 am »
One of my friends keeps saying I would like Cowboy Bebop, but I've never really been into anime (the closest thing to anime I ever liked was Teen Titans and that was just animesque). From what I've seen, the premise looks interesting and I've liked the opening for years without knowing that's what it's from, but I'm a bit old to enter my anime phase. Should I give it a go or just say I'm not interested?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!