Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139710 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2014, 06:37:40 pm »
Plus I dont want to deal with the nightmare of buffering. :P
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2014, 06:42:54 pm »
Getting fake/mislabeled files was mostly an issue back in the Napster/Kazaa/Limewire days, when there wasn't a comment section or (at least early on) a ratings system to let people know if they should download a file. Torrents -- especially modern torrents -- are a lot more reliable. Plus, with improvements in download speed, getting a fake file (unless it's a particularly nasty virus -- and that's easy to avoid if you're not a total jackass with computers) isn't really a blow, whereas the 20 minute downloads for MP3s on Napster made it a lot more frustrating.

(For the record, it's been quite a while since I've illegally downloaded something. Online music/movie/game stores, TV networks making shows watchable online, record companies uploading music onto YouTube and services like LastFM have pretty much erased the need.)
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #407 on: February 04, 2014, 07:17:08 pm »
The worst was when Deb decided she was in love with Dexter for a season or so. I know they're not biologically related, but still.
Wasn't Harry Dexter's biological father? As I recall, it was why he adopted Dexter and not Brian in the first place.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #408 on: February 04, 2014, 07:34:41 pm »
The worst was when Deb decided she was in love with Dexter for a season or so. I know they're not biologically related, but still.
Wasn't Harry Dexter's biological father? As I recall, it was why he adopted Dexter and not Brian in the first place.

Harry was bonking Dexter's mom (and a bunch of other female witnesses), but that didn't start up until after Dex had been born. Remember that episode where Dexter found out he'd inherited a house from a man claiming to be his father, and he, Deb and Brian (under his "Rudy" persona) traveled out there to clean the place up to be sold? Dexter took some DNA from the body and got Masuka to run a comparison, the results of which were a match. And of course, Deb threw a fit when she found out that Dexter had ordered the DNA test in the first place because "I'm your family!" It also turned out that Brian had murdered the father, which Dexter deduced by (IIRC) smiley shaped bruises on the man's body.

The reason Harry opted not to adopt Brian was because he deemed him too "broken" to be helped, whereas Dexter, being younger, still "had a chance to turn out normal", or some such Harry bullshit.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #409 on: February 04, 2014, 07:44:25 pm »
Ah, fair enough. I can never remember what happened in the first few seasons.

wrightway

« Reply #410 on: February 08, 2014, 03:04:42 pm »
Walking Dead comes back tomorrow. I can feel my inner fangirl squealing.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #411 on: February 09, 2014, 12:18:09 am »
(Carried from the Thread Killer thread, where this wasn't posted.)

And did they redesign Sonic characters again?

Funny, because this just brought me to post this:

Just to let you guys know, this is legit. The excessive bandages weird me out the same way as Kingdom Hearts' pocket and zipper fetish. And also, Sonic's blue arms. A common error in incompetent fan-artists and the designers brought this into the his designs. This is a huge pet peeve of most other, more competent fan-artists in the fandom.

I'm probably not going to bother with this Sonic Boom show because I fear it will be mediocre like Sonic X, but the upside it that it looks prettier than most CG cartoons on television (a majority which are ugly as sin due to their budget).

They're also going to make a game based on the cartoon. This weirds me out so much as I've been hearing the series was recovering in quality.

In short, I have mixed feelings about this show, and the game accompanying it.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #412 on: February 09, 2014, 12:46:11 am »
I absolutely love the new character designs.

I don't really give a shit about Sonic's blue arms.  It actually looks better than the tan arms, in my opinion.

The internet throwing a shitfit over the character designs, however, is immensely annoying.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #413 on: February 09, 2014, 05:09:11 am »
I have to say I strongly dislike the new designs like most people do.  But the actual number of fucks I give is pretty low.  I'm not a huge Sonic fan, I haven't even played a Sonic game since the Dreamcast days, so I'm not foaming at the mouth.  Maybe if I was a Sonic fan I'd be more upset I dunno.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:46:53 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #414 on: February 09, 2014, 08:11:59 am »
Seeing the gameplay in action (and having grown up with the series from the original on the Genesis, so I can attest that yes, I am one hardcore Sonic-loving motherfucker), the design that worried me the most, Knuckles', actually rather worked.  It grew on me as a stylistic choice, and I for one am looking forward to it.

... I'm really liking Tails' look, and Amy of all characters is a close second.  They both look MATURE for a change.  Very nice to see.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #415 on: February 13, 2014, 11:01:50 am »
So...just finished watching Dexter on Netflix.  And I have to agree, the last couple of seasons, especially the series finale, were rather disappointing.   Early in the series, Dexter's ability to cover evidence and steer attention from himself was somewhat believable.  The last couple of seasons, however, this was completely thrown out the window.  Any competent police department could have easily seen it was him.  And the plot holes.  Epic plot holes.

(click to show/hide)

It was a really good series, which I enjoyed immensely.  It's too bad it couldn't have stayed on a level equal to Breaking Bad.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #416 on: February 13, 2014, 11:35:19 am »
So...just finished watching Dexter on Netflix.  And I have to agree, the last couple of seasons, especially the series finale, were rather disappointing.   Early in the series, Dexter's ability to cover evidence and steer attention from himself was somewhat believable.  The last couple of seasons, however, this was completely thrown out the window.  Any competent police department could have easily seen it was him.  And the plot holes.  Epic plot holes.

(click to show/hide)

It was a really good series, which I enjoyed immensely.  It's too bad it couldn't have stayed on a level equal to Breaking Bad.

There was soooooo much wrong with that final episode, and the last season in general, I don;t know where to begin.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #417 on: February 15, 2014, 05:58:10 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwBXPsetOHM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwBXPsetOHM</a>

Make sure to watch all 3 episodes of this, the dub is so over the top it's hilarious, and the actual anime ain't too bad either.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #418 on: February 24, 2014, 07:28:15 am »
Saw the pilot of Those Who Kill

My gods that was abysmal
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #419 on: February 24, 2014, 12:54:49 pm »
Been re-watching ST:TNG on Netflix (they only have up to season 5 so far sadly) as it's been a long, long time since I last saw any TNG.

I have a question for those who remember all the seaons.  Does Troi get raped in EVERY season?  Because so far she seems to have suffered some kind of rape at least once in each season, whether it be a memory-telepathe using his ablities to implant the memory of a rape that never happened or a non coporial entity impregnating her as she sleeps so it can father itself as a human child.  It's pretty fucking disturbing, I think some of the TNG writers might have some serious issues.

I know the Alien franchise, which I love, is basically about rape but in those films everyone gets raped; men, women and even dogs.  They don't have one lone female character who repeatedly gets raped over and over with each new movie to the point where it starts to look like that might be the main reason why that indivdual character exists.

Plus, in Alien the whole rape analogy thing is intentionally disturbing and horrific.  Some of Troi's episodes however have almost the complete opposite tone.  Especially the one I mentioned with the non-coporial alien using her to father itself into a human child.

WTF, TNG?  I thought you were cool   :(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:59:51 pm by Katsuro »