Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139691 times)

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2013, 08:06:22 pm »
Did anyone watch season 2 of American Horror Story? I never got around to it, and several people have told me it got weird, without saying how it got weird. A few people even gave up on it because of how weird it got. Is it worth watching?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #181 on: August 30, 2013, 08:38:51 pm »
Did anyone watch season 2 of American Horror Story? I never got around to it, and several people have told me it got weird, without saying how it got weird. A few people even gave up on it because of how weird it got. Is it worth watching?

It was dark and kind of all over the place with the plots, but I liked it.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2013, 12:01:29 am »
I've been kinda enjoying the more recent Dexter episodes...although I do agree that the plotlines are sort of just...mashed together with weak glue.

I personally just find Hannah boring, I don't see what she offers asides from the "omg maybe dexter isnt a horrible person" thing. I really like Vogel though, I find her to be quite an interesting character
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

wrightway

« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2013, 11:18:07 pm »
So....anyone else watch Sleepy Hollow?

I liked it, quite a bit. I was very impressed with the acting and story so far. I've watched it multiple times and the part with the mirror gets me every single time.

I was also horribly amused by the tumblr reaction to the show. As several people were quick to point out, Sleepy Hollow is proof a show cast with mainly POC can succeed. It was Fox's biggest debut drama in six years.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2013, 11:36:24 pm »
I have to say, the most annoying thing about Dexter so far is the computers. Specifically the way they beep and bloop as through they're from the early 80's. Why, exactly is this a thing? Is it supposed to make the haven't-touched-a-computer-since-1980 demographic feel more comfortable with the show? Do the writers not realise that we've advanced a little further than PC Speaker sound effects in the past thirty years?

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2013, 11:41:12 pm »
I have to say, the most annoying thing about Dexter so far is the computers. Specifically the way they beep and bloop as through they're from the early 80's. Why, exactly is this a thing? Is it supposed to make the haven't-touched-a-computer-since-1980 demographic feel more comfortable with the show? Do the writers not realise that we've advanced a little further than PC Speaker sound effects in the past thirty years?

Aaahh, this is one of the most annoying things ever, and this is annoying in all television programs, even films.

This is also annoying with video games in popular media, where I swear every video game to these writers is that disastrous port of Pac-Man for the Atari 2600.

This, and all this is starting to become another set of Pet Peeve Tropes of mine.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2013, 12:32:16 am »

Oh thank fuck I'm not the only one to notice
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2013, 07:44:16 am »

I liked it, quite a bit. I was very impressed with the acting and story so far. I've watched it multiple times and the part with the mirror gets me every single time.

I was also horribly amused by the tumblr reaction to the show. As several people were quick to point out, Sleepy Hollow is proof a show cast with mainly POC can succeed. It was Fox's biggest debut drama in six years.
That was without a doubt the most ridiculous show I've seen in a long time. It's not fair to call it a drama, it's clearly a comedy, even if they were aiming for drama. I may keep watching so long as I can laugh at the absurdity of it.

(click to show/hide)
That's all I can remember off the top of my head, but that show totally killed suspension of disbelief for me.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2013, 03:52:44 am »
Just watched the last dexter ep

(click to show/hide)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2013, 09:35:29 am »
Just watched the last dexter ep

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Yeah, needless to say, I wasn't impressed.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:03:53 am by Art Vandelay »

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2013, 01:33:54 am »
I haven't seen the finale yet, but the way the season has been going, I'm expecting it to suck.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2013, 02:00:57 pm »

I liked it too, thought it was clever and fun.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2013, 02:40:14 pm »
Has anyone else seen that Cartoon Network show "Uncle Grandpa"?

(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #193 on: September 24, 2013, 04:11:58 pm »
Finally watched the Dexter finale. This about sums up my feelings:

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

wrightway

« Reply #194 on: September 24, 2013, 04:42:14 pm »
Has anyone else seen that Cartoon Network show "Uncle Grandpa"?

(click to show/hide)

I'm fairly certain Cartoon Network just locks their writers in a room with various illicit substances and jots down their out of their skull ramblings.