Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139623 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2013, 03:08:20 pm »
Watching a mix of Classic Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica with a bit of Star Trek thrown in.

I have moods that change rather swiftly.

Wow, I have moods that change rather swiftly, too.  Except they deal mostly with video games.

On-topic...

I've been watching Penguins of Madagascar lately.  In my opinion, best animated series of the modern age.  Jokes are genuinely laugh-out-loud funny, characters are easily identifiable, voices are pretty good (especially for the replacements) and of course the fact that they get so much shit past the censors.

Like, who the hell approved Mort's foot fetish?  Because I want to slap them for letting something blatant through, then hug them for the same reason XD

Also, music is great.  Seriously.  Especially The Return of the Revenge of Dr. Blowhole, known also as "Dr. Horrible as a dolphin gets to sing in a musical episode."

Sadly, Nick seems to be running a specific set of reruns and I have no idea when they'll be showing episodes outside of this current cycle.  It's frustrating because I've basically got no new material to watch for awhile, and I don't feel like pirating the episodes that aren't showing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2013, 07:06:33 pm »
Been watching reruns of Bones lately.  That's a show I never could catch in the past, and now I can.  It's not bad.   Though I don't think it'd surprise anyone here that I identify with Seely Booth more than Temperance Brennan, even if I do really like teh SCIENCE!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2013, 05:58:57 pm »
Finally got around to see the last episode of Orange is the New Black. It was obvious that those two characters were going to have a conflict. I just didn't expect it to go the way it did.

I'm really happy that last season of the American version of Wilfred is now on Netflix. Such a great show.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2013, 07:22:45 pm »
We've been watching a lot of Lexx on Amazon Prime lately... I'm all over it!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2013, 08:15:38 pm »
I finished Classic Who.

Now I just gotta work on BSG and TOS. I hope to watch OITNB at some point as well as GoT.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2013, 08:21:19 pm »
We've been watching a lot of Lexx on Amazon Prime lately... I'm all over it!
People don't believe me when I say I watch Lexx for the storyline (which, yes, I actually do/did.)

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2013, 08:34:50 pm »
I finished Classic Who.

Now I just gotta work on BSG and TOS. I hope to watch OITNB at some point as well as GoT.

All of classic Who?  (Other than the missing eps, of course.)
Very admirable achievement. :)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2013, 08:57:14 pm »
What was on Netflix. I'm gonna have to track down what Netflix didn't have available cause I'm like 98% sure they don't have all of the episodes that aren't missing in the ether.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2013, 09:14:54 pm »
Cool.  Good luck with that.  Hope you've enjoyed yourself so far. :)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2013, 10:29:55 pm »
I really enjoyed the fourth and fifth doctors. I wasn't too crazy about the sixth. The seventh doctor I was okay with. I really liked his companion, Ace.  Doctors 1-3 were all right but I feel like there were a lot of references to things that were at the time current that I didn't understand cause I didn't live during that time. The first I didn't see much of (obviously), the second was rather puckish and the third did manage to amuse me on more than one occasion.

Also to me it seems like that the sonic screwdriver got weaker with each regeneration. But that could be a continuity issue.

&

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2013, 10:58:28 pm »
I dunno... Seems like it's pretty powerful now... The Sonic, I mean.  What can't it do?  You know, I think it'd be a good idea to lose it again like in the 5th Doctor's run. 

Glad you like 4 and 5.  They're my faves of classic Who too. :)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2013, 11:24:21 pm »
It doesn't do wood? Also it did cause a spark that caused a fire in the Classic Who but I'm not sure it could happen again in the new Who. Though of course it could all just be down to choice for each Doctor as to how much they rely on their screwdriver.

Also, 10 lost his screwdriver. Kinda. It had to be replaced by another of the same model. Ditto with 11's apparently.

&

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2013, 12:28:44 am »
I've been meaning to catch up with Futurama, Venture Brothers, & now I see that Code Lyoko has a sequel series, so I plan to check that out.

In the meantime, I'm watching Digimon Adventure, Digimon Tamers, & Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Legend of Korra when it comes back in September.

I've also recently thought of checking out Game of Thrones, but I'm clearly currently too busy being a manchild.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2013, 01:15:09 am »
Buffy rocks.  Angel too.  Damn I wish I'd not had to sell those box sets of both complete series.   Gah... Must... buy them back... soon.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2013, 01:34:09 am »
I've been meaning to catch up with Futurama, Venture Brothers, & now I see that Code Lyoko has a sequel series, so I plan to check that out.

In the meantime, I'm watching Digimon Adventure, Digimon Tamers, & Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Legend of Korra when it comes back in September.

I've also recently thought of checking out Game of Thrones, but I'm clearly currently too busy being a manchild.

You're only a manchild if you talk about how the shows are clearly meant for adult men and that well-written plots don't belong in little girl shows.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet