Author Topic: Josh Duggar molestation charges  (Read 7589 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Josh Duggar molestation charges
« on: May 21, 2015, 10:06:55 pm »
So apparatus the reports of the firstborn offspring of the "19 kids and could ting" have become public and it's revealed that Josh had molested 5 girls including some of his sisters when he was 14. His parents didn't file a report until a year after he confessed to them, and his mother said he went to therapy, but this ended up being a lie.

Hopefully Josh won't repeat any of these acts, but it's super ironic how the FRC and other homophobia groups are claiming teh gas will molest your children when they covered this up.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/05/21/josh-duggar-apologizes-resigns-from-family-research-council-amid-molestation-allegations/
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Josh Duggar molestation charges
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:18:28 pm »
I wish I could say I was surprised.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 10:22:24 pm »
The gas will molest my children? The fiend. Back on topic, Madman- yes, back on topic. Why did I expect at least one of these idiots to do something horrid? 

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 11:16:14 pm »
Why did I expect at least one of these idiots to do something horrid?

Law of large numbers?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 01:04:50 pm »
Concerning this story, I posted this in another board, so I'll post it here as well.....

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 04:21:10 pm »
And who gets to be the first prominant conservative politician to defend the Duggars?  If you picked "Mike Huckabee" you win the pot!

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/mike-huckabee-duggar-family-victim-insensitive-bloodthirst

Huckabee praised the Duggar family, who took over a year to bring the matter to law enforcement, saying that they “dealt with it and were honest and open about it with the victims and the authorities.”

He adds that Josh is a good person who “confessed his sins to those he harmed [and] sought help,” despite the fact that, according to reports, Josh did not receive counseling and was only sent to live with a family friend who worked in the home remodeling business.

The former Arkansas governor saved his anger for the people who have cited the case to point out the disingenuousness of the reality TV stars and the conservative political activists who hold them up as a paragon of moral virtue, or as Josh referred to his family, “the epitome of conservative values.” They also have a record of depicting LGBT people as threats to children.

“Those who have enjoyed revealing this long ago sins [sic] in order to discredit the Duggar family have actually revealed their own insensitive bloodthirst, for there was no consideration of the fact that the victims wanted this to be left in the past and ultimately a judge had the information on file destroyed—not to protect Josh, but the innocent victims.”

(Emphasis added.)

Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 04:28:11 pm »
And who gets to be the first prominant conservative politician to defend the Duggars?  If you picked "Mike Huckabee" you win the pot!

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/mike-huckabee-duggar-family-victim-insensitive-bloodthirst

Huckabee praised the Duggar family, who took over a year to bring the matter to law enforcement, saying that they “dealt with it and were honest and open about it with the victims and the authorities.”

He adds that Josh is a good person who “confessed his sins to those he harmed [and] sought help,” despite the fact that, according to reports, Josh did not receive counseling and was only sent to live with a family friend who worked in the home remodeling business.

The former Arkansas governor saved his anger for the people who have cited the case to point out the disingenuousness of the reality TV stars and the conservative political activists who hold them up as a paragon of moral virtue, or as Josh referred to his family, “the epitome of conservative values.” They also have a record of depicting LGBT people as threats to children.

“Those who have enjoyed revealing this long ago sins [sic] in order to discredit the Duggar family have actually revealed their own insensitive bloodthirst, for there was no consideration of the fact that the victims wanted this to be left in the past and ultimately a judge had the information on file destroyed—not to protect Josh, but the innocent victims.”

(Emphasis added.)

I've lived in filth, I've lived in sin. And I still smell cleaner than the shit you're in!

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 04:38:00 pm »
How sad...we all knew something was going to happen (i.e., a Duggar child coming out, leaving the homestead (free Jinger, anyone?), someone getting arrested), but I think it's safe to say no one here wanted things to turn out quite like this.

A quick Google search of "sex abuse in the IFB" will give you numerous pages from "IFB Cult Survivors" support groups to pages criticizing the culture of the Independent Fundamentalist Baptist churches from former IFB Christians, Christians never affiliated with the IFB, and former Christians alike.  One of the criticisms of the IFB specifically is a culture where a man can molest and/or abuse children with almost impunity, and worse, if the victim is female, the blame gets dumped on the female victim for "tempting him".

The fact Josh did this for so long, and the parents didn't do much speaks volumes on the Quiverfull, IFB, and "How to Train up a Child" culture.  With TLC more than likely going to cancel the show, the Duggars are going to have some difficulty doing business outside of the IFB community in and around Arkansas.  Sure, Mike Huckabee is supporting them now, but come election time, will the support still be there?  Let's see.

My biggest hope by and far is that the girls who were affected get the help they need, because I don't think they'll find it in the IFB community.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 05:46:38 pm by Kat S. »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 04:51:02 pm »
The Dugger's are supporting him.  Guess it's time he repayed the favor.

Ironbite-he is aware that he has no shot right?

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 05:05:41 pm »
The Dugger's are supporting him.  Guess it's time he repayed the favor.

Ironbite-he is aware that he has no shot right?

Well if he didn't know then, I think he has a better idea that he doesn't now.  He's getting torn up and eaten alive for his support for Josh Duggar on Facebook.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 05:49:19 pm »
Good.  May this have further repercussions on the campaign trail.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 07:26:56 pm »
Oh, this only gets better...  It's Talking Points Memo, sure, but... it doesn't bode any better for justice.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/josh-duggar-s-police-records-destroyed
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 07:35:07 pm »
WHAT!? 

Ironbite-how do you get away with that!?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2015, 07:39:44 pm »
Apparently by being well-connected, wealthy, white, having political aspirations... do I need to keep going?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 11:20:50 am »
How sad...we all knew something was going to happen (i.e., a Duggar child coming out, leaving the homestead (free Jinger, anyone?), someone getting arrested), but I think it's safe to say no one here wanted things to turn out quite like this.

A quick Google search of "sex abuse in the IFB" will give you numerous pages from "IFB Cult Survivors" support groups to pages criticizing the culture of the Independent Fundamentalist Baptist churches from former IFB Christians, Christians never affiliated with the IFB, and former Christians alike.  One of the criticisms of the IFB specifically is a culture where a man can molest and/or abuse children with almost impunity, and worse, if the victim is female, the blame gets dumped on the female victim for "tempting him".

The fact Josh did this for so long, and the parents didn't do much speaks volumes on the Quiverfull, IFB, and "How to Train up a Child" culture.  With TLC more than likely going to cancel the show, the Duggars are going to have some difficulty doing business outside of the IFB community in and around Arkansas.  Sure, Mike Huckabee is supporting them now, but come election time, will the support still be there?  Let's see.

My biggest hope by and far is that the girls who were affected get the help they need, because I don't think they'll find it in the IFB community.

For those who don't get the acronym, it's Independent Fundamentalist Baptists.

Oh, this only gets better...  It's Talking Points Memo, sure, but... it doesn't bode any better for justice.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/josh-duggar-s-police-records-destroyed

So, is Mike Huckleberry Sin ordering them to destroy records?

Slimy.

On the bright side, the cat's out of the bag and destroying records only makes you more guilty. Maybe they can get them for that.

No matter, the show's cancelled and the gravy train is about to derail.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 11:25:35 am by Barbarella »