Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273660 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #990 on: September 19, 2017, 12:05:17 am »
Well, apparently several Gamergaters turned up to defend him even if he is a poe. Also they are ganging up on the actor and trying to make him believe that they support diversity and are inclusive ("unless it is forced or politicized" which means in practical terms that they always oppose it.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #991 on: September 19, 2017, 01:30:10 am »
Well, apparently several Gamergaters turned up to defend him even if he is a poe. Also they are ganging up on the actor and trying to make him believe that they support diversity and are inclusive ("unless it is forced or politicized" which means in practical terms that they always oppose it.)

Not really surprised. If a tweet is indistinguishable from something a Gator could realistically say it isn't any easier for them to make the distinction either.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #992 on: September 19, 2017, 01:35:17 am »
Personally, I'm just impressed that it's been three years and Gamergate is still apparently a thing. At least they seem to have dropped the pretence that it has anything to do with journalism and the ethics involved therein.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #993 on: September 19, 2017, 03:48:08 am »
No. They have not.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #994 on: September 19, 2017, 04:02:05 am »
I think by now the same Gators are people who are also involved in the alt-right and their activities.

They're little more than a Nazi Cat's Paw now.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #995 on: September 19, 2017, 05:06:18 am »
GG as a movement of its own might be revitalized if there is a new gaming culture related reactionary outrage. Otherwise it will probably keep withering away when the members find other things to occupy their attention.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #996 on: September 19, 2017, 08:31:19 am »
From Twitter user "heterogamingvet"

this is what they want to turn gaming into some gay multicultural jerk off session not on my watch #GamerGate

This was shared by a actor that I follow on FB with the comment "What's it like being an incredible scumbag?"

I'm rolling my eyes at the comic for an entirely different reason. This feels like it was done by somebody who's heard of eSports, but doesn't know much about them.

"I think I'm at the objective?" You're a professional, how do you not know? It's like an NFL player not knowing where the end zones are.

That being said, the guy's reaction was completely ridiculous.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #997 on: September 19, 2017, 09:04:06 am »
a) It's an ad by Coca cola. It's not like corporations have a great track record for knowing about the things that they sponsor.

b) Maybe it's aimed at rookies?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #998 on: September 19, 2017, 09:46:38 am »
Not a single one of them is blemished or visibly overweight.  Come on, Coke, get your shit together.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

pyro

« Reply #999 on: September 19, 2017, 04:01:09 pm »
And their eyes don't have the psychotic soulless look that can be seen on any true gamer's face.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1000 on: September 19, 2017, 05:01:05 pm »
Personally, I'm just impressed that it's been three years and Gamergate is still apparently a thing. At least they seem to have dropped the pretence that it has anything to do with journalism and the ethics involved therein.
You're surprised that angry, annoying stalky types on the internet is a thing?

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1001 on: September 21, 2017, 01:45:46 am »
Oh wow GamerGate again, what is this, Reddit circa 2014?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1002 on: September 21, 2017, 02:27:28 am »
http://thefederalist.com/2017/09/19/refusal-date-conservatives-one-reason-donald-trump/

Huh, apparently Libertarians and Incels have an overlap.

TL;DR

"Conservatives and Liberals both hate each other but the Liberals refuse to be reasonable and let us fuck them so [file corrupted] and therefore Trump won."

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1003 on: September 21, 2017, 06:19:04 am »
Also from the federalist, an article with this title.

Your Refusal To Date Conservatives Is One Reason We Have Donald Trump

Not taking the piss, that was the title.

Assortative mating serves to intensify this polarization. It amplifies an already significant ingroup-outgroup mentality around contentious social issues. Social and cultural issues create severe disagreement because they trigger the emotional part of the brain: the disagreement challenges a core part of group identity. This is exacytly the type of schism that an arrogant demagogue like Trump exploits.

See, if y'all stuck up liberal bitches just moved to Bumfuck Idaho and put up with Bubba's casual racism and belief in your place being in his kitchen making sammiches America would be living a second New Deal by now!

If a progressive doesn’t want to date a conservative and vice versa, that’s perfectly fine. Everyone has deal-breakers. But as a political protest, this form of virtue-signaling is counterproductive in the long run.

Lie back ladies, think of 'murica!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1004 on: September 21, 2017, 07:53:50 am »
Tol, that was the article I linked just before your comment.