Author Topic: Dark dungeons: the movie based on a Chick tract.  (Read 6321 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Dark dungeons: the movie based on a Chick tract.
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 07:33:58 am »
If only MST3K was still on TV... 

Well'p, I guess I'd better keep an eye out for the rifftrax when the time comes.

You can thank my brother for this, he put it up on Facebook a little while back.  FUCK YEAH.

O_O  Awesome.  As.  Hell.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2014, 10:12:23 pm »
If only MST3K was still on TV... 

Well'p, I guess I'd better keep an eye out for the rifftrax when the time comes.

You can thank my brother for this, he put it up on Facebook a little while back.  FUCK YEAH.
Damn right!
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2014, 11:50:08 pm »
This is the $199 level reward for the kickstarter:

9th Level Backer: Play RPGs are Evil: The Role-playing Game with the Writer & Director & Producer of Dark Dungeons: The Movie! You and up to five of your friends get to enjoy a 4-hour Skype session with the writer and director of Dark Dungeons as you play - RPG's are Evil: The Role-playing Game! I was unable to get the merchandise rights to Dark Dungeons so keep in mind that this does NOT take place in the world of Dark Dungeons. Rather it is simply a world where role playing is a gateway to the dark arts, DM's seek to dominate their players lives like cult leaders, and all RPG's are just tricks to get players to worship evil. So nothing special, really. Rules and character creation take only 5 minute after which DM and players have a fast by-the-seat-of-your pants adventure. Players will roll up characters for a group of Freshman college friends. Like all colleges, this university is run by the role-playing crowd who dominate all aspects of campus life. But you and your friends begin to suspect that something is not-quite-right when the head cheerleader mysteriously vanishes from a raging all-night RPG kegger party. Will you be able to solve the mystery? Will you be able to survive? Find out!

They have to be taking the piss so fucking hard.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 07:28:47 am »
Not just taking the piss, BUT FIGHTING THE ZOMBIE!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 11:13:22 am »
Man, this wants to make me pick up D&D again, it's been so long. when I was a youngling I used to play with my brother, my dad and his friends. ah, those were some good times.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 12:09:31 am »
Anyone wanna have do a skype game of FATAL? Maybe the first ever game actually played of it?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 02:39:25 am »
Anyone wanna have do a skype game of FATAL? Maybe the first ever game actually played of it?
Friends don't let friends play FATAL.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 02:50:11 am »
Friends don't let friends play FATAL.

If friends find out that their friends have played FATAL, they make sure to end their suffering as quickly and painlessly as possible.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 02:50:54 am »
*starts chasing the FATAL book around with a flamethrower, then thinks better of it, and simply summons Aquaman, Hamburglar, and a pissed-off Bear to handle it and calls it a night*

The vile book of FATAL is an evil almost on par with the Necronomicon.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 03:41:43 am »
Honestly, what is it that you wish to accomplish by playing FATAL?

Laughing at a bad rulesystem? There are games that do not require brainbleach every 5 seconds that can be lampooned.

Play a game which includes adult themes? There are dozens of games like that, that do it much better and do not require brainbleach all the time.

Play a game where the player characters are cruelly evil? Pick any D&D derivative or play Black Crusade for example.

Play a game where adult themes are rape and horrible fetishes? Play Black Crusade with Slaaneshi/Nurglite team.

...Some of the players in the Rogue Trader game I just started hadn't heard about FATAL and we had a short discussion about it. Later one of the players (who was aware of FATAL and knew how bad it was) has been suggesting a game of FATAL every now and then.

...Mostly as a threat though.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!