Author Topic: What Stupid Thing did the GOP say today  (Read 8819 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: What Stupid Thing did the GOP say today
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 12:43:10 am »
You know, I don't like Ted Cruz like at all. But I have to respect the balls he had to go into the lions den and stand his ground and not endorse the Republican nominee. A possible career ending move. It shows the division that's been forming in the GOP.

Nah. One of two things happens:

1. Trump loses, and Cruz presents himself as the one principled Republican who refused to endorse Trump.

2. Trump wins, and Cruz presents himself as the one possible successor who spoke at his convention.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Re: What Stupid Thing did the GOP say today
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2016, 09:29:42 am »
You know, I don't like Ted Cruz like at all. But I have to respect the balls he had to go into the lions den and stand his ground and not endorse the Republican nominee. A possible career ending move. It shows the division that's been forming in the GOP.

Nah. One of two things happens:

1. Trump loses, and Cruz presents himself as the one principled Republican who refused to endorse Trump.

2. Trump wins, and Cruz presents himself as the one possible successor who spoke at his convention.

Bingo.

He knows he's got no future in Trump land so he has nothing to lose by playing the gambit and position himself for the long game as the party fractures. The worst case scenario for him is to drop out of politics and hit the celebrity circuit like Palin.