Author Topic: Women's Health Protection Act of 2013  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Women's Health Protection Act of 2013
« on: November 13, 2013, 02:46:05 pm »
The bill would prohibit states from passing so-called Targeted Regulation of Abortion Providers (TRAP) laws, which impose strict and cost-prohibitive building standards on abortion clinics, require women seeking abortions to have ultrasounds, and create other barriers to abortion access.

"In states like Texas and Wisconsin, legislatures are passing bills with the false pretext of protecting health when their only objective is to obstruct and curtail access to safe and legal abortions and reproductive services. These laws are largely unconstitutional, and some measure of certainty and clarity is required to preempt these regulations and laws so women are not deterred in their very personal decisions based on their own values on how they want to use their constitutional rights," Blumenthal said. "The Women’s Health Protection Act will provide a clear and certain response to these regulations and laws that impose unnecessary tests, procedures and restrictions — including requirements for physical layout in clinics — on reproductive services."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/13/pro-choice-bill-womens-health-protection-act_n_4266599.html
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Women's Health Protection Act of 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 11:05:31 am »
Yeah good luck getting that through the house.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 05:58:22 pm »
While it might pass Senate, Id says it won't pass House.

Even tough it will be an inevitability, I'll still be very angry when this bill is killed.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 09:57:35 pm »

Even tough it will be an inevitability, I'll still be very angry when this bill is killed.

Some people have this idea that you can only express anger or outrage when it's something unexpected.

I don't get that.  I'll be angry at predictable events all I want thank you very much.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:31:46 pm »

Some people have this idea that you can only express anger or outrage when it's something unexpected.

I don't get that.  I'll be angry at predictable events all I want thank you very much.

Hell, its the predictable shit that gets me the most!  Give me a pleasant surprise once in a while, you miserable fucks.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 10:52:55 pm »
Of course, I would mention how happy I am to finally see some spine in the Democratic party, to attempt to form a bill that would eliminate all this natalist bullshit. Something that not only overturns these laws, but make any more new laws against sexual freedom illegal.

And that won't happen, because the House is dominated by these "go back to the kitchen" Tea-party shitholes.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 12:14:32 am »
Hopefully we can kick out a bunch of House Republicans in the midterm elections so things like this can get passed. After the government shutdown most Americans blamed the GOP, but anti-Obamacare sentiment is apparently quite potent and exploitable at the moment, so I'm not sure which party currently has the upper hand.