Author Topic: Woman Removed From Texas Legislature Session For Speaking Her Mind  (Read 2161 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/sarah-slamen-texas_n_3573431.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

By the time Sarah Slamen finally got to testify against a restrictive anti-abortion bill in front of a Texas state Senate committee this week, her plans had changed, she told Daily Kos in a recent interview.

After a long drive to Austin from Central Texas and an hours-long wait in the state capitol, it was 11 p.m. on Monday, and the 28-year-old no longer wanted to talk about the ways Gov. Rick Perry's (R) sister could stand to benefit financially from the legislation. Instead, Slamen took the opportunity to voice her frustration over a bill that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy and shutter almost all of the state's abortion clinics. Before she could finish, however, she was surrounded by state troopers and forcibly removed from the chamber.

Coming from the state of George W. Bush, I'm not at all surprised.

"Texas: Where You're Free To Speak Your Mind, As Long As You Agree With Us!"
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Woman Removed From Texas Legislature Session For Speaking Her Mind
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 03:39:24 pm »
People in the comments section claimed she was being disrespectful, but I didn't see anything worthy of throwing her out.  Also they said the video was edited, and I clicked any unedited clips I could find and still nothing worth throwing her out.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 04:03:26 pm »
It's sad that shit like this isn't even surprising anymore, coming from Texas.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 04:17:02 pm »
Even if she was disrespectful...THERE'S NOTHING IN THE CONSTITUTION ABOUT BEING RESPECTFUL TO IDIOTS!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 04:29:14 pm »
Ok, she was a bit disrespectful but being dragged off by police for that?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 05:13:21 pm »
One thing I'd have to admit, though....she got to give a pretty good verbal smackdown before the goons pulled her away. Too bad she was yanked off but she did get to say a lot & what she said was amazing! I LOVE THIS LADY!

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 05:39:50 pm »
I outright told this lady that I'd buy her a case of whatever she drinks.  'Cause goddamn, she's just that awesome! =)

As for whatever level of respect some people might think she should have, I ask this:  Do you think those lawmakers had any respect for her and other women in Texas when pushing through these anti-abortion laws?

Oh, wait.  They don't, do they?  Especially when a woman disagrees with them.  So, no, from everything I've seen and read about these people, they deserve no respect.
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 06:30:55 pm »
She was a little snarky, but IMO, a little snark is what they needed.

wrightway

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 11:01:44 pm »
Oh look, a woman getting arrested for speaking her mind in Texas, color me so not surprised.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 11:15:12 pm »
Oh look, a woman getting arrested for speaking her mind in Texas, color me so not surprised.

I'm sure the same would apply to a thinking, "your bullshit is unjust" man.

wrightway

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 11:18:38 pm »

I'm sure the same would apply to a thinking, "your bullshit is unjust" man.

Oh, definitely.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 06:37:06 am »
You know, this is why I want Texas to leave the Union. Within a year, they'd either be begging to come back, or try to wage war. Either way, we could take over and install a puppet government to do things right, or bomb the shit out of them.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2013, 07:20:56 am »
I watched the video of her speech, she was pretty harsh. Rightly so, but still pretty harsh.
I think what crossed the line was when she started attacking the representatives directly.
Personally I wish things like this would happen more, and be seen and heard about more. The feelings and frustrations she gave voice too are not only hers, they are shared by a large number of people in the country. All over the world democracy is failing as the corrupt learn new ways from each other to pervert the rule of countries and justice. People need to start standing up like she did and make their voices hear. It is becoming time for politicians to start being held accountable to their constituents, and actions like hers go a long way to bring that about.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 08:44:40 am »
I watched the video of her speech, she was pretty harsh. Rightly so, but still pretty harsh.
I think what crossed the line was when she started attacking the representatives directly.
Personally I wish things like this would happen more, and be seen and heard about more. The feelings and frustrations she gave voice too are not only hers, they are shared by a large number of people in the country. All over the world democracy is failing as the corrupt learn new ways from each other to pervert the rule of countries and justice. People need to start standing up like she did and make their voices hear. It is becoming time for politicians to start being held accountable to their constituents, and actions like hers go a long way to bring that about.
Pffff. Like she said anything that isn't true or completely justified. We need more people like her to call these people out for doing such shitty jobs, without catering to their delicate egos and sensibilities.

I'd love 30seconds on the Senate floor to tell each and every one of them to go fuck themselves for destroying this country because they can't get along long enough to do their damn jobs.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 09:17:23 am »
As Tony Soprano put it (in the voice of Buckley, because fuck yeah), "Those who want respect, give respect."  Texas legislature gives no respect to women?  They have no right to expect respect from them, and have no right to get pissy when they get dissed.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.