Author Topic: Woman Sues Police After They Didn't Believe She Was Raped  (Read 1819 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Woman Sues Police After They Didn't Believe She Was Raped
« on: June 11, 2013, 04:14:04 pm »
Link

A woman in Lynnwood, WA was raped by the serial rapist Marc O'Leary, who is now doing a 327-year sentence in a Colorado prison. However, the police refused to believe her story, despite the presence of stained sheets, the ties used to restrain her, the blindfold, the gag, DNA specimens, and the presence of multiple injuries consistent with her testimony. They based this off of her "suspicious body language" (apparently she wouldn't look the interrogator in the eye) and the testimonies of her former foster mother (who she had arguments with), a friend who had spoken to the victim on the phone prior to the attack, and a random anonymous caller, none of whom had any firsthand knowledge of the event.

Instead they bullied her into recanting her testimony, put words in her mouth, and threatened to throw her out of her apartment, and coerced her into signing an agreement that fined her $500 dollars for false testimony (which was later dismissed) but also made her recant her statement. She was also required to stand of the other participants of a youth-at-risk program and recant the statement in public.

It wasn’t until 2½ years later, when former Washington state resident Marc O’Leary was arrested for several rapes in Colorado, that Lynnwood police reopened their investigation. Among the items Colorado detectives found in O’Leary’s possession were photographs of the woman and her ID card.

Whoops.

Fortunately, she's now suing the police department for being fucknuggets of a spectacular order.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Woman Sues Police After They Didn't Believe She Was Raped
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 04:22:24 pm »
Really, this should be an open and shut case.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:31:58 pm »

You should know better by now. It won't be.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 04:49:14 pm »
I actually lived in Lynnwood, WA for three years. This video should tell you all you need to know about the place:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cclhqdQqbeQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cclhqdQqbeQ</a>
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

QueenofHearts

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 04:56:28 pm »

You should know better by now. It won't be.

I don't expect the courts to do the right thing, so hopefully Anonymous has some fun at their expense.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 06:03:35 pm »
It is a federal civil rights violation case she's bringing. Kinda hard to weasel out of those when the evidence is this solid, and the publicity is this high. They're toast.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 06:30:37 pm »
How can they call themselves police?

Charge them as accessories after the fact.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

wrightway

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 09:27:35 pm »
*face palms* It's not just my state, good to know. Bitterness aside, good on her for suing them. I hope they bleed the department dry.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 10:05:26 pm »
I hope she succeeds! SUE THEIR BUTTS OFF!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 11:13:47 pm »
Heads can, and should be rolling in the police department over this shit.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline TheReasonator

• Bishop
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 02:56:16 am »
What they put that woman through should be considered a form of police brutality. It would be one thing if they just didn't believe her, although given the evidence it would show that means they are incompetent and need to be fired. But forcing her to recant in public! WTF. They should get more than just being sued. Incidents like this should result in jail time for police officers.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 03:26:15 am »
And people wonder why so many women are hesitant to report sexual assault...
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)