Author Topic: Good Beginner's Music Theory Books?  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Good Beginner's Music Theory Books?
« on: December 15, 2012, 12:09:06 am »
I have always been interested in music and always wanted to learn to play an instrument; either the piano, a guitar or a violin but being that I am hearing impaired, I was brushed off whenever I asked my teachers to clarify something, such as beats or notes or how a musical piece is ensembled and even was told that I shouldn't worry about it because I couldn't hear anyways.

My hearing is a bit worse now than it was when I was a kid but still I love music. It is what helps me when I have anxiety or other emotional turmoil (like today with the shootings, I couldn't stop thinking about those poor kids and their families.)

I probably can't play an instrument now and I have no money to invest in one but I still want to understand how music is written and composed as well as understand what all of the terms mean. So I am wondering if anyone knows of any good, comprehensible beginner's book on music and music theory that is written for a layperson like me.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman