Author Topic: (Not an onion article) Romney: Elect me or House GOP will wreck economy  (Read 4054 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
In what his campaign billed as his “closing argument,” Mitt Romney warned Americans that a second term for President Obama would have apocalyptic consequences for the economy in part because his own party would force a debt ceiling disaster.

“Unless we change course, we may well be looking at another recession,” Romney told a crowd in West Allis, Wisconsin.

Romney said that Obama “promised to be a post-partisan president, but he became the most partisan” and that his bitter relations with the House GOP could threaten the economy. As his chief example, he pointed to a crisis created entirely by his own party’s choice — Republican lawmakers’ ongoing threat to reject a debt ceiling increase. Economists warn that a failure to pass such a measure would have immediate and catastrophic consequences for the recovery.

“You know that if the President is re-elected, he will still be unable to work with the people in Congress,” Romney said. “He has ignored them, attacked them, blamed them. The debt ceiling will come up again, and shutdown and default will be threatened, chilling the economy.”

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/romney-new-recession-warning.php?ref=fpa

My head hurts after reading this. So if you don't get your way and win your response is to fuck it all for everyone else? Talk about spoiled children!
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: (Not an onion article) Romney: Elect me or House GOP will wreck economy
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:00:20 pm »
What reality do they live in where they think they can get away with this?

Ironbite-are they just that bat shit blind to the power of the internet?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:12:42 pm »
He said that, like Obama, “I promise change, but I have a record of achieving it.”

This, coming from a guy that left MA with a 39% approval rating.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:30:34 pm by Vypernight »
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 05:14:21 pm »
I thought they already wrecked the economy??

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 05:14:28 pm »
...what?  Wow, yeah, threatening another recession/depression is a GREAT way to get yourself elected.  Dumbass.

He said that, like Obama, “I promise change, but I have a record of achieving it.”

This, coming from a guy that left MA with a 33% approval rating.

As someone from MA, trust me, almost nobody I know likes him.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 05:26:38 pm »
"You know that if the President is re-elected, he will still be unable to work with the people in Congress,” Romney said. “He has ignored them, attacked them, blamed them."

He's bitching about the Obama blaming congress . . . in the same article he's threatening that the GOP congress will hurt the economy?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:31:14 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 05:27:34 pm »
Yes...see my previous post in this thread.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 08:23:44 pm »
Rmoney is getting desperate, he must have look at 538.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 09:18:36 pm »
Let us wreck the country or we will wreck the country.

Offline wyvern999

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 09:55:57 pm »
Remember the episode of "The Simpsons" were Homer gets elected to run the Springfield waste disposal department deposing the professional administrator. He then immediately ran the department into the ground by making unfunded promises. Well Romney is Homer.
If Romney wins he will featherbed the rich and screw the poor. He will crash the economy just like Dubya did. The republicans are not interested in running a sound economy. They just want tax cuts no matter how much it hurts anyone who isn't rich. So if you are not a millionaire do not under any circumstances vote for any republican on Tuesday.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2012, 04:14:27 am »
...what?  Wow, yeah, threatening another recession/depression is a GREAT way to get yourself elected.  Dumbass.

I'm hearing that a lot not.  It might have something to do with his doing everything he's accusing Obama of doing (cutting Medicaid, putting police officers and teachers out of work, raising taxes but calling them 'not taxes,' etc.).

I can't wait to see how he does in MA.  If he loses his own state, especially overwhelmingly, it means he was full of **** from the beginning.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 04:59:54 am »
So he's basically going for mutually-assured destruction?
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »

I'm hearing that a lot not.  It might have something to do with his doing everything he's accusing Obama of doing (cutting Medicaid, putting police officers and teachers out of work, raising taxes but calling them 'not taxes,' etc.).

I can't wait to see how he does in MA.  If he loses his own state, especially overwhelmingly, it means he was full of **** from the beginning.

He is definitely going to lose Massachusetts overwhelmingly.  Obama will get nearly 60 percent of the vote there.  Massachusetts is one of the most liberal states in the country.  If conditions existed that allowed any Republican to win that state in a Presidential Election they would probably wind up with 400+ electoral votes nationwide.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2012, 05:20:12 pm »
Can we charge them with treason?
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2012, 06:34:43 pm »
Protip: If things are ever at the point where a discussion of your political agenda starts with the warning "not an Onion article", then something has gone horribly wrong.