Author Topic: Women Repersentitives Silenced in Michigan State House  (Read 1175 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Women Repersentitives Silenced in Michigan State House
« on: June 14, 2012, 05:37:56 pm »
Why you ask?  Oh because they dared to put an amendment in a bill that would limit abortions that would limit vasectomies

A male Republican House leader in Michigan silenced two female Democratic state legislators on Thursday after the pair tried to advance a measure that would have reduced access to vasectomies.

While discussing a bill that would erode the availability of abortion, Reps. Barb Byrum and Lisa Brown introduced an amendment to apply the same regulations to vasectomies that GOP lawmakers wanted to add to abortion services. The debate grew heated, as Republicans sought to gravel down the women. Byrum was not permitted to speak in favor of the measure and Brown was repeatedly interrupted. ā€œIā€™m flattered that you want to get in my vagina, but no means no,ā€ she said. The next day both were silenced. Watch their comments:

The message, to me, is clear.  Women cannot do their jobs if they are stateswomen.  They are to shut up, look purty, and vote the way the men do.

Ironbite-*supernovas*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Women Repersentitives Silenced in Michigan State House
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 05:59:49 pm »
Did not see this was a duplicate...MEA CULPA!

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Re: Women Repersentitives Silenced in Michigan State House
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 11:44:05 pm »
Locked this thread.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman