Author Topic: Woman lawmaker banned from speaking on the house floor...  (Read 4250 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Woman lawmaker banned from speaking on the house floor...
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2012, 08:46:41 am »
Sexism in our government is a huge problem. :(
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 06:22:34 pm »
I'd love to see a protest of a bunch of people gathering on the steps of the building I hollering "VAGINA!"

Poems! Songs! Chants! All in honor of the most sacred of ladyparts!

Vagina-themed cuppycakes! Vagina costumes! Vagina Monologues performances! Posters of Georgia O'Keefe "flower" paintings!

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 07:11:15 pm »
Of course Republicans are offended by vaginas and those who have them -that's why they are attacking and attempting to subjugate women and their vaginas; they see them as nothing more than property/objects. They find women (and their opinions) pretty offensive. That's because they are sexist fuck buckets and evolutionary throw-backs.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 08:23:29 pm »
WELL WADDAYA KNOW! AM I PSYCHIC OR WHAT?!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/lisa-brown-vagina-monologues-_n_1602788.html

Go get 'em, tigress!

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2012, 10:15:51 pm »
Personally, while I think banning her is stupid and most likely just seizing a chance to silence some opposition, I did find her specific comment to be a tad immature. Her comment implied, however facetiously, that the Speaker of Michigan's House of Representatives wanted personal access to her specific vagina regardless of her consent. I feel that is from the same school of political discourse as the right's smear campaign against Sandra Fluke, though certainly not to same depths, in which you take a person's opinion on a political matter regarding women's health and apply downright vulgar personal motivations to it. I want political discourse in our country to be better than personal attack laden jive.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2012, 11:13:09 pm »
What...

How is the correct medical term vulgar?  Especially when on the subject of abortion.

*sigh* Idiots.
Because these men haven't matured past the age of 9.

I remember in 6th-grade sex ed, there were separate classes for boys and girls. The girls' class was giggling the whole time, but later we found out that in the boys' class, if you giggled at a word, then you had to go up to the front of the class and say it three times.

I got an email newsletter from Daily Kos about this with the subject line, “Vagina, Vagina, Vagina”
-A Pen Name