Author Topic: What have you done, Australia?  (Read 2135 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
What have you done, Australia?
« on: August 08, 2017, 01:06:35 pm »
http://www.newsweek.com/australia-flesh-eating-sea-fleas-attack-teens-legs-while-swimming-647238

A teenage boy had his feet and shins bitten while in the water at an Australian beach, so much so that he was bleeding out profusely.

His attackers were eventually identified as a form of sea lice, which normally do not attack humans to this extent, but a sample in seawater taken from the same area were seen to devour pieces of steak.

Normally, sea lice consume dead or decaying flesh, not live flesh.

So... was it just that the boy stood in one place too long, or has evolution (and Australia) struck again (or both)?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: What have you done, Australia?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 03:14:48 pm »
...Once again I am glad to be on the other side of the planet from that place.

"Finland, when you really want to get away from Australia but can't afford a trip to another solar system."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:02:40 pm »
Hey, Australia is cool now, unlike those freedom hating Canadians.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 07:48:49 pm »
Hey, Australia is cool now, unlike those freedom hating Canadians.

Don't forget that Australia also gave us Ken Ham. (Incidentally, maybe we should throw him in there; evolution isn't real, so it shouldn't be a problem for him, right?)

And I'd rather be a freedom-hating Canadian (true, half the Charter can be set aside if a legislature wishes) than a democracy-hating USAmerican.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 12:50:53 am »
Evacuate the hot Australians and let the animals have the island.

I might make an exception for the platypi but I think those biologially improbable creeps are up to something.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 01:07:24 am »
I might make an exception for the platypi but I think those biologially improbable creeps are up to something.
They are quite venomous, so it would indeed be wise not to fuck with them.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 02:16:30 am »

What do you propose to do with the fugly Australians?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 02:23:20 am »
Australia: The Crimson King's summer vacation home.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 03:34:32 am »

What do you propose to do with the fugly Australians?

Objection: There are no fugly Australians. Everyone is beautiful and perfect human being and Mr. Rogers loves us all equally.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 12:19:29 pm »
It's Oz, literally everything there animate or inanimate wants you dead.  I went to Queensland once, I don't know how I survived.  I can only assume it's coz everything mistook me for Santa (a little girl did genuinely ask her mum if I was Santa btw).

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 06:36:46 pm »
I live in Queensland and while it is God's Country and the best fucking place on earth - there are still fugly people. In fact you need fugly people occasionally to remind everyone how hot everyone else is.

I like seeing foreigners when they first see a huntsman spider or a possum and freak out (even though they are both harmless - although a possum will shit on you if you try to catch it).

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 06:43:11 pm »
Just wait till they see a koala.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 03:16:29 am »

True fact - koala's give you chlamydia by pissing on you.  Seriously.  Look it up.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 02:49:39 am »

True fact - koala's give you chlamydia by pissing on you.  Seriously.  Look it up.

The Drop Bear strikes again.