Author Topic: Calvinist Fundies  (Read 12076 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Calvinist Fundies
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 12:08:44 am »
Uh... who is that, exactly?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 12:22:38 am »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2012, 06:43:15 am »
-A Pen Name

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2012, 10:27:29 am »

Satan sounds good in MOST versions of Christianity. Whereas god usually sounds like a childish asshole.

Yes, but the other versions give the "God is good" line of thinking, and the Calvinists don't even PRETEND to do that...

Eh, sort of.  I've heard some justify it saying that God is good but we are too sinful and evil to understand his ways. 

I read a quote somewhere which said it best

"The primary difference between Calvinists and HP Lovecraft is that the latter admits that the gods he invented are evil, whereas the former do not."

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:48 pm »

Satan sounds good in MOST versions of Christianity. Whereas god usually sounds like a childish asshole.

Yes, but the other versions give the "God is good" line of thinking, and the Calvinists don't even PRETEND to do that...

Eh, sort of.  I've heard some justify it saying that God is good but we are too sinful and evil to understand his ways. 

I read a quote somewhere which said it best

"The primary difference between Calvinists and HP Lovecraft is that the latter admits that the gods he invented are evil, whereas the former do not."
I never understood that. We can not understand him in his mysterious super-being-ness, but the way we interpret the gospels, as put down by other sinners and humans, MUST be 100% accurate.

You could counter, "God is all powerful and ENSURED we were given the true text," but hey, he IS mysterious. Could be trolling us in a loving way you just can't understand...

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2012, 11:40:26 pm »
Oh my...

I have no words.

I just found a Calvinist article that claims CHILDREN AND INFANTS are damned if they die without Jesus.

Having read the page I appalled. As an atheist I can't help but wonder why someone would think infants deserve to be in hell. This kind of beliefs make god out to be an asshole that should be hated, not worshiped. How do they justify this shit? No really, I would love to know.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 05:14:36 am »
Oh my...

I have no words.

I just found a Calvinist article that claims CHILDREN AND INFANTS are damned if they die without Jesus.

Having read the page I appalled. As an atheist I can't help but wonder why someone would think infants deserve to be in hell.

Because Adam ate an apple.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 07:05:43 am »
When they say, “Everyone deserves to go to hell,” they fuckin’ mean it!
-A Pen Name