Author Topic: Calvinist Fundies  (Read 11981 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Calvinist Fundies
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 10:05:58 pm »
He outright admits the god only cares about glory and glorifies himself by causing billions to suffer (implying eternal damnation).

I never understood how the hell simply fixing problems you created for no other reason than because you could was supposed to correlate with glory. That is just being a dick.

I mean: would you hold someone who came up and intentionally tore your favorite coat for no good reason in higher regard just because they then sewed it back up for you? That is just being a douchebag.
-A Pen Name

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 08:44:50 pm »
Oh my...

I have no words.

I just found a Calvinist article that claims CHILDREN AND INFANTS are damned if they die without Jesus.  It's long and is honestly too sickening to read the whole thing, but here are a few snippits.

Since this is undoubtedly true, then from the womb, we are all sinners. Those people who say babies don't have any sin are lacking knowledge of God's laws and truths. Since there are no exceptions to God's law, "the wages of sin is death," there can be no (theorized) non-accountability clause. Unlike the laws of men, the laws of God don't bend. There is none righteous God says, no not one! He didn't say that there are none righteous except babies. Those are the thoughts of men, not of God! There is none righteous, and that includes children (despite what some may claim). Romans 5:12 says: "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." It doesn't say "all except for children," it says all.
When God said in Genesis 18 that if there were 10 righteous people in Sodom, He wouldn't destroy them, some professing Christians obviously think God was lying, because they insist the children there had to be righteous in God's eyes! Not so! They were burned in the city right along with the older people (revisionist accounting notwithstanding). God saved only Lot and his two daughters whom 'He had chosen' to Save. None of the rest were righteous in God's sight! Did God say get the Children out before I rain fire and brimstone, or did God bring out Lot and his house only? The truth is, over 99 percent of the scriptures has to be either ignored, wrested, or tossed aside, in order to hold to the doctrine that Children are somehow automatically accounted righteous before God.

While these doctrines of accountability may serve to comfort bereaved parents who have lost children, either through accidents, murder, miscarriage, abortion, or sickness, it is not a Biblically validated view and is contrary to all that God has declared of sin and all those who commit it. The plain truth is, this theory is simply a natural humanistic response in sentimentality that is closely related to man thinking more of himself than is justified. i.e., we naturally all want to think nice things about children. But sentimentality does not govern how we are to understand God's word, it is the word itself that does that. And God doesn't share the popular Church opinion that a child's sins are unaccountable because of their age.

There are no words to describe the sociopathic EVIL found within this article.  This fucking original sin/total deprevity is a monsterous doctrine that has been used to justify so much evil.  I'm honestly surprised there haven't been any Calvinistic terrorist groups with this kind of mentality. 

I normally don't wish harm on people just for having strange beliefs, but these people need to DIAF slowly and painfully.  I don't care how fucking holy any God is, this shit is beyond evil. 

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 08:45:48 pm »
Well, it's sort of like my opinion on people like Peter Singer or Ayn Rand. Even if I don't agree with them, I admire how often they follow their ideas to their logical conclusion.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »
Well, it's sort of like my opinion on people like Peter Singer or Ayn Rand. Even if I don't agree with them, I admire how often they follow their ideas to their logical conclusion.
I despise Rand... but I respect her for honestly thinking her ideas through and embracing them.

Her modern day "followers" confuse me, because they often contradict her teachings of "when I say no involvement in my shit, I mean NO INVOLVEMENT! And that means your God too! Now let me milk these people for money..."

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 11:20:28 pm »
"Any man who enjoys heaven's paradise while others suffer eternally is a gloating villain at heart." ~ Normal Bob Smith, 2006
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 11:23:39 pm »
"Any man who enjoys heaven's paradise while others suffer eternally is a gloating villain at heart." ~ Normal Bob Smith, 2006

I <3 Normal Bob Smith. His troll-mocking skills are legendary.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 12:35:16 am »
don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely not defending Calvinism. But the accountability doctrine does have biblical merit: the story of David, when he lost his infant son and he said that he would see his son again in paradise. Assholes who think babies go to hell are just assholes; it's their claims that have no biblical merit.

That said, they all suck.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2012, 11:44:47 am »
I think what really gets me about Calvinists is not so much the idea of predestination (though that does not help their cause), but their utter lack of humanity. 

They think that if God were to somehow allow us a say, it would be "us telling god what to do".  They love to quote that horrific verse about the clay questioning the potter as if we are just God's property for him to do as he pleases.  When people are justifybly disturbed at the idea of eternal torment and how God creates some people for the sole purpose of sending them their, they get even more nasty.  "How is that immoral?"  "Just because you don't like it?" "How arrogant for you to assume to know what's moral!".  They can't even figure out why the idea of inflicting pain on someone is wrong.  And they hide behind their douchey philosophical bullshit to try to sound smart. 

What's worse is they think WE are arrogant or "too emotional" to think that sending children and infants to hell (let alone anyone) is wrong.  They say it's our "pride" but I say it's basic human empathy, something they severly lack. 

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2012, 02:01:42 pm »
What's worse is they think WE are arrogant or "too emotional" to think that sending children and infants to hell (let alone anyone) is wrong.  They say it's our "pride" but I say it's basic human empathy, something they severly lack. 

Hear, hear! It is not arrogant to care for others.
-A Pen Name

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 01:49:47 pm »
When I think of Calvinism, I think of a kid playing with a whole bunch of puppets, the kinda that have the strings and the wooden boards.

And then destroying the puppets on a whim.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 02:32:45 pm »
When I think of Calvinism, I think of a kid playing with a whole bunch of puppets, the kinda that have the strings and the wooden boards.

And then destroying the puppets on a whim.
He loves those puppets in a way you just can't understand!

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline DharmicDalek

• Neonate
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 07:57:06 pm »
You know, this is what I think:

The Pentecostals/Charismatics are fucking insane, and live in an animist worldview where every single demon is out to get them and they need to PRAY,PRAY,PRAY every single moment so Satan won't steal your soul because you have an old D and D book you have not even opened in 8 years. It makes God weak and pathetic.

However...

Calvinism is downright fucking Satanic. Your God and Your Satan are non-different. Satan may actually BE the lesser evil in Calvinism. Every Ethical, Moral person should be proud of being damned if the Calvinists are "right"; you'd be more MORAL then god!

And this is why I am not Christian.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 08:08:33 pm »
You know, this is what I think:

The Pentecostals/Charismatics are fucking insane, and live in an animist worldview where every single demon is out to get them and they need to PRAY,PRAY,PRAY every single moment so Satan won't steal your soul because you have an old D and D book you have not even opened in 8 years. It makes God weak and pathetic.

However...

Calvinism is downright fucking Satanic. Your God and Your Satan are non-different. Satan may actually BE the lesser evil in Calvinism. Every Ethical, Moral person should be proud of being damned if the Calvinists are "right"; you'd be more MORAL then god!

And this is why I am not Christian.

Satan sounds good in MOST versions of Christianity. Whereas god usually sounds like a childish asshole.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline DharmicDalek

• Neonate
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 08:12:49 pm »

Satan sounds good in MOST versions of Christianity. Whereas god usually sounds like a childish asshole.

Yes, but the other versions give the "God is good" line of thinking, and the Calvinists don't even PRETEND to do that...

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2012, 11:47:12 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen