Author Topic: "Nice Guys" of OkCupid  (Read 87992 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: "Nice Guys" of OkCupid
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2013, 08:45:06 pm »
I wonder if there's females out there on dating sites that are this bad.  I hate to admit it, but i kinda hope there are.  Douchbag knows no gender and all that.  I mean, the "nice guys" get all of the attention, but they can't be the only arrogant slobs looking for dates, right?

Only after the wedding?  How soon after?  I mean, are you doing it in time to the Bridal March?  On the table at the reception?
That last option sounds kinky.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2013, 10:19:19 pm »
I wonder if there's females out there on dating sites that are this bad.  I hate to admit it, but i kinda hope there are.  Douchbag knows no gender and all that.  I mean, the "nice guys" get all of the attention, but they can't be the only arrogant slobs looking for dates, right?

Here, I found you a girlfriend:
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/Rubystargoats

I like how they expect their future husband to "respect their womanhood" yet they're not not willing to respect his privacy.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2013, 10:43:39 pm »
While the abortion quote clearly marks him as an asshole, I have to wonder what the hell is so evil about gaming computers, MLP and Linkin Park.

Dontcha know?  Bronies are all manchildren, people who build their own computers are loser nerds with too much time on their hands, and anyone who listens to Linkin Park has no taste in music and so is clearly superior to people who listen to better musicians.

More like the fact that anyone who dated a girl in school during the mid 2000s at least dated one rabid fangirl of theirs.
I ended up actually going to one of their concerts because of that and actually had to actually listen to their songs for the first time and realized how utterly terrible they are.

Also:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0</a>

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2013, 11:06:50 pm »
That's actually my least favorite song simply because of the stigma attached with it, but I can point out to four songs that I very much enjoy listening to.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 11:10:23 pm »
I like Nickleback and Linkin Park. Both my parents do, too.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 11:10:41 pm »
That's actually my least favorite song simply because of the stigma attached with it, but I can point out to four songs that I very much enjoy listening to.

Same. And Nickelback has some songs I really enjoy listening to. Just because the radio station doesn't play the whole album doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 11:59:04 pm »
I actually kinda like Linkin Park

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2013, 12:01:28 am »
I actually kinda like Linkin Park
Linkin Park is...tolerable. At least they don't produce songs that, when I'm forced to listen to them, make me want to stick ice picks in my ears. That dubious honor goes to bands like Nickelback and Creed.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 12:06:34 am »
In my case, it might also have to do that I was heavily influence by electronica music during my trip to Germany in the early 2000s. (I came back to the states and immediately got Daft Punk's Discovery cd and spent some time trying to track down some other songs that I heard that I eventually found out came from Bonkers).  All other music was inherently inferior to me at that point.

Yes, I enjoy Skrillex, why do you ask?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 12:08:51 am »
I like some Linkin Park. It's just that the people I've seen in the fanbase have made their songs seem extremely shallow (I'm not saying that they are, just that they currently feel like it) by applying the rather melodramatic lyrics to relatively mild teenage annoyances or using them in AMVs for somewhat emo anime characters over and over. Even if "Crawling" was brilliant, its overuse by angsty teens and preteens has ruined it for me.

As for Nickelback, I don't like them purely because they're so generic and bland that I can't feel ANYTHING from them. Their music isn't bad, but it's so standard and formulaic as to be utterly soulless.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 12:09:50 am »
I listened to Crawling a lot when I was a teenager, especially when I was feeling depressed.

It let me feel like even people like these guys get to feeling the way I was feeling.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 12:18:19 am »
I listened to linkin park a lot in high school. I'll still listen to them sometimes, but mostly for nostalgic reasons.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2013, 12:31:37 am »
I have one of Linkin Park's cds...there make what you will of that...

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 12:36:01 am »
I have one of Linkin Park's cds...there make what you will of that...

So do I. My cousin gave it to me back in high school. It's still around here somewhere.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 01:51:07 am »
Linkin Park's 'Numb' was my theme song for the last few years I lived with my mother. My life theme song has to be Savage Garden's 'The Animal Song' from 'The Other Sister' movie soundtrack.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."