Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139719 times)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2013, 03:52:42 pm »
I kinda like Renovation Reality.  They have some funny newbs on there sometimes that shouldn't even be holding a hammer, let alone trying to hit a nail with it.

s' why I watch those kinda shows.  Trainwreck Syndrome.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2013, 08:27:13 pm »
I kinda like Renovation Reality.  They have some funny newbs on there sometimes that shouldn't even be holding a hammer, let alone trying to hit a nail with it.

s' why I watch those kinda shows.  Trainwreck Syndrome.
[insert Canada's Worst Handyman and Canada's Worst Driver here]

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

wrightway

« Reply #302 on: December 31, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »
I feel so spoiled right now. I should be happy almost all my favorite shows are coming back from hiatus. Instead I'm sighing because there's still over a month until The Walking Dead.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #303 on: December 31, 2013, 11:11:16 pm »
Try having to wait for Doctor Who. lol

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #304 on: January 01, 2014, 12:04:24 am »
Try having to wait for Doctor Who. lol

Know the feeling, given that I'm looking forward to Capaldi's Doctor. I have gut feeling he's going to be extremely sassy. Through I still need to catch up on the episodes, I'm right now at where it's just #11 and Amy Pond.

I'll say waiting for GOT is really getting to me, I can't wait for the Purple Wedding to take place.

wrightway

« Reply #305 on: January 02, 2014, 01:18:41 am »
I'm so glad I never got into that show. It seems to eat your soul.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #306 on: January 02, 2014, 01:48:48 am »
Which one?

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

wrightway

« Reply #307 on: January 02, 2014, 01:54:43 am »
Doctor Who. *sheepish* It was the focus of the last few posts so I thought it went without saying.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #308 on: January 02, 2014, 02:00:50 am »
*Dazed expression, walking toward Wrightway*

Joooiiiinnn uuuusssss!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #309 on: January 02, 2014, 02:01:18 am »
Probably. I'm just slow on the uptake sometimes since I saw both GoT and DW mentioned.

&

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #310 on: January 02, 2014, 10:36:08 am »
I'm probably the only person on this planet who hasn't watched Game of Thrones...  Of course I also don't have HBO (Is that the premium channel it comes on?)

The only think I know for sure about Game of Thrones is... there's dragons, and a dwarf.

There's also me :D lol.

Sorry, I just like to bring that up as often as possible as it's literally the only thing about me that comes even slightly close to being worth talking about.  I try to ignore the fact that that one interesting thing about me is in no way special or unique due to half the population of Northern Ireland also appearing in the show lol.  Seriously, the odds of you walking around Belfast for a day and NOT bumping into someone who's an extra in it are almost none.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:45:22 am by Katsuro »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #311 on: January 02, 2014, 01:41:39 pm »
Ahh, the New Zealand Lord of the Rings Extra scenario has a Game of Thrones variant, I see.   Still, good on you to be a part of it. :)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #312 on: January 02, 2014, 04:08:49 pm »
It's nice knowing we have a mini-celebrity regardless of how common it might be for where you live. :P

Also, Doctor, you can always stream it from one of the game of thrones fansites. No downloads necessary. It's how I watched it.

&

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #313 on: January 02, 2014, 04:11:26 pm »
Ahh, the New Zealand Lord of the Rings Extra scenario has a Game of Thrones variant, I see.

Season 4 had over 2000 extras, plus there are many, many people who for one reason or another have only done one season so there are even more extras than that, and Northern Ireland only has a population of 1.8 million.  Add in the costume, hair and make-up people, the assistant directors, the prop people, the armourers (the main one is actually southern Irish but the other one is from the north so whatever lol) and other misc. crew (bear in mind also that there are two production units so that pretty much doubles the staff - and there used to be 3 units) and it's a sizeable % of the population who who've worked on it.  Also, some of the main cast are Northern Irish, including Michelle Fairley and Kristian Nairn. So I'm not exaggerating when I say just about everyone knows somebody personally who worked/works on the show in some capacity.

Maybe given enough time we might get to be known for something a bit more positive than bombs, bigottry, rioting and the fucking Titanic lol.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #314 on: January 02, 2014, 04:16:27 pm »
It's nice knowing we have a mini-celebrity regardless of how common it might be for where you live. :P

Haha, very kind but I'm basically sentient scenerey lol.  Although I did once get chatted up by a slightly crazy woman when she realised I was an extra in  it, thanks to being with a bunch of people who were wearing their GoT crew jackets.  I would have been flattered but I was little bit too scared lol.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:18:28 pm by Katsuro »