Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139762 times)

Offline Joey

• Bishop
Re: TV Shows
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 08:29:16 pm »
Big Bang Theory is currently my favorite,

That certainly explains where you got your inability to succeed at humor from.
Where did you get your crybaby mentality from?
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 08:48:45 pm »
^ Most likely what you consider a cry baby mentality comes from a functional form of empathy.

However, even though I lack empathy in any form, I still find you completely revolting.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Joey

• Bishop
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 09:03:29 pm »
^ Most likely what you consider a cry baby mentality comes from a functional form of empathy.

However, even though I lack empathy in any form, I still find you completely revolting.

Oh noes, you realize how much I greatly care about what some random person on the internet thinks about pieces of text he reads on forums. Good job hijacking this thread, btw.
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 09:53:25 pm »
Basically you have Wil, a comedian, and 3 other people at the panel that work in the industry, and they basically bring up all the advertisements theyve seen that week in various media that is stupid, funny and clever. And they discuss it.

They way im describing it sounds a bit dry, but Wil makes everything freakin hilarious. My favourite segment is The Pitch, where viewers throw in demented ideas for campaign ads, like promoting the public swearing fine or banning all religion. And they get two ad companies to make an ad for it. I would link but my tablet likes to be a bitch in links

That actually sounds reasonably entertaining.  I'll have to go looking on Youtube!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 12:01:44 am »

Oh noes, you realize how much I greatly care about what some random person on the internet thinks about pieces of text he reads on forums. Good job hijacking this thread, btw.

Wait, you come in to whine about being given a week ban for being an asshat and you accuse the people who respond to you of hijacking?

Now you're not even trying to act smart.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 01:02:51 am »
My dad really likes Big Bang Theory. I'm kinda "on the fence" about it.

I reccently started watching Sherlock, and it's actually pretty good.

wrightway

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 01:07:07 am »
Community is a great show that doesn't get enough love. It's too bad it's going head to head with Big Bang Theory.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 01:15:22 am »
I just started to watch Once Upon A Time, great show, and I'm only 5 episodes into the first season.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 01:33:15 am »
I was watching it with my ex but....eh.

Ironbite-it's a fun take on fairy tales though.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 06:40:37 am »
Big Bang Theory is kind of a guilty pleasure for me nowadays. The first couple of seasons were pretty good. The more recent ones however, not so much. Hell, even Sheldon's antics aren't nearly as funny as they used to be.

Saturn500

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 07:13:44 am »
Big Bang Theory is kind of a guilty pleasure for me nowadays. The first couple of seasons were pretty good. The more recent ones however, not so much. Hell, even Sheldon's antics aren't nearly as funny as they used to be.

Yeah, we've gone from pretty much everything early on (hillarious) to Sheldon playing bongos at 2 AM (still pretty funny) to him being racist (Dafuq, writers?).

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 08:07:43 am »
Big Bang Theory is currently my favorite,

That certainly explains where you got your inability to succeed at humor from.

This is a bullshit driveby. It's completely uncalled for. Stop. You hate his guts. There is a thread for that. This isn't it. Again, stop.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Art Vandelay

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 08:14:33 am »

Yeah, we've gone from pretty much everything early on (hillarious) to Sheldon playing bongos at 2 AM (still pretty funny) to him being racist (Dafuq, writers?).

That and he's overall gone from being highly aloof and boarderline OCD to simply acting like a five year old. Then of course, there's nothing but generic relationship drama for the rest of the cast.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 08:19:16 am »
 I quite like some Australian drama; Rake is a good example.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 08:23:48 am »
I just like Hell's Kitchen, Beyond Scared Straight, My Little Pony: FIM, & anything that has to do with medical/science stuff
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman