Author Topic: RCC to ban infertile people from marriage  (Read 18300 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
RCC to ban infertile people from marriage
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:30:57 am »
http://urbanmeter.weebly.com/36/post/2012/01/infertile-people-cant-marry-says-catholic-church.html

From Archbishop Cruz’s latest statement about the issue of marriage from an interview on GMA news, Archbishop reiterated the Catholic Church’s stance that marriage along with sex is ONLY for procreation, That those who cannot procreate or decide to procreate is committing a mortal sin in the eyes of God.

The Catholic Church is planning to ban the infertile people’s right to marry for they cannot conceive. Even couples who does not plan to have babies can have their marriage revoked, for they have failed their purpose to multiply.

Well now, it's just more apparent that they hate the idea of people loving each other and having sex.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: RCC to ban infertile people from marriage
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 03:31:54 am »
So they're going to be dooming themselves to extinction?

Ironbite-GO FOR IT!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 03:40:46 am »
I hope this sudden swing towards lunacy isn't just a phase for the Catholics. I'd hate to see them get so close to completely alienating their former support base only to claw it back with a slightly less loony brand of nonsense.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 03:50:40 am »
*mindboggles*

I'd like to know whether this is a true vatican-approved stance, or if that's just the opinion of one archbishop. There's a difference, and I'd like to keep at least some of my faith in humanity.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 04:16:03 am »
My wife asked how do they know that a person is infertile if they are not allowed to have sex before marriage?

But just once it seems that they really have thought about this, they plan to revoke any marriage that does not produce children.

*Sigh* So even if a person supports this and obeys these rules by not having sex untill marriage (with another person who also approved this "law") but turns out that he/she is infertile then their marriage will be revoked...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 04:19:29 am »
Also they will have already committed a mortal sin, so that's a plus.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 04:42:34 am »
[/shocked]
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 04:45:42 am »
Forgive me father for I have sinned it has been 14 years since my last Confession... I am infertile and do not want children in the first place.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 05:11:05 am »
Two problems right off the bat;

1.  How do they enforce this?  do they question every single married/engaged church goer, asking whether they plan to have (possibly more) children in the future? 

Apparently older people and those who decide to stop at 3-4 children will automatically be single.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 07:22:01 am »
1.  How do they enforce this?  do they question every single married/engaged church goer, asking whether they plan to have (possibly more) children in the future? 

Baby quotas, I'd assume. The church keeps tabs on all its families in the community, and if Mr.&Mrs.Smith don't regularly produce babies every few years, their marriage is invalidated.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 07:30:29 am »
Biggest problem I see for the RCC in enforcing this is that marriage is a civil union.  How are they going to circumvent the law and void marriages of couples that have no children?  Last I noticed, no church, whether it be the RCC or any other, had the power to do that, especially in the US.  The church may no longer recognize their marriage, but the civil authorities sure will and they would still be legally married.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 07:37:02 am »
The RCC is well aware of that, Star.  Keep in mind, they don't consider any non-Catholic marriage to be valid.  They're well aware that they can't define marriage for most countries (though they keep trying).
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 08:13:31 am »
I think this little stunt is refreshing.
Its somewhat less hypocritical than the stance other religions and facets of Christianity have on marriage. They just out and say its for the babies and nothing else. If anything this clears up their stance on homosexual marriage, contraception and abortion in one single statement.

Its still crazy, but refreshing.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 10:28:58 am »
Wouldn't they also have to void every marriage where the woman is over 50 as well?

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 10:34:08 am »
*headdesk*

Are you freaking kidding me?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.