Author Topic: True anti-humanity from a christian pastor.  (Read 24785 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: True anti-humanity from a christian pastor.
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2012, 02:33:14 am »
Especially since it's obvious that the EVPs are faked...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2012, 02:53:26 am »
I prefer my system, where nearly everyone goes to heaven in the end.

I like mine, everyone just ends up dead.

I'm kind of hoping for the "Scrubs" style heaven. We're meeting up at the milkshake fountain by the lesbian cloud!

And if that doesn't work I tell people I'm a Calvinist but I accept I'm one of the pre-damned.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 02:58:49 am »
Yeah, ghosts, at least how they're presented by modern pseudoscience, are total bullshit.

I find Ghost Hunters entertaining for precisely this reason. It's hilarious, especially when they start asking an empty room questions for their "EVPs".

I wrote a topic about stupid shit that people did in these shows. The forum got hacked into oblivion, but if memory serves, I listed; yelling at empty rooms, insisting all "orbs" are spirits, automatically concluding that kids are neither imaginative nor mentally ill but rather talking to ghosts, &...not sure about anything else. Actually, that's where I first made the "If ghosts/then they're trolls" joke.

I like these shows more when they're packed with something else. Like Haunted History &...well, history.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 03:11:18 am »
It's the yelling at empty rooms that gets me. "WHAT DO YOU WANT!?" *silence* "JUST TELL US WHO YOU ARE!" *silence* "WE"RE NOT HERE TO HARM YOU!" *old floorboards creek* "DUDE, RUN!"
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 03:16:51 am »
I wouldn't say the EVPs are faked, because most of them either don't sound like what they're claimed to sound like, or sound similar to the claim, but similar to a lot of other possible statements that may or may not make sense.

Oh, that was one of the other things I mentioned.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2012, 03:27:01 am »
Most of the "evidence" (as in video, EVPs, etc.; there is no doubt that the "investigation" footage is heavily edited to make it seem more dramatic) I've seen on Ghost Hunters was so underwhelming that it probably wasn't faked, although I haven't really watched that much of it, and nothing past the first couple seasons.

Paranormal State, on the other hand, is so blatantly fake that I can't even laugh at it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:28:36 am by Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2012, 03:32:15 am »
I do think that's hilarious. If it looks unconvincing, it's most likely real, if it looks convincing, it's most likely faked.

I hate Paranormal State so much. I've grown used to these shows just kind of assuming demons & psychics as fact. But there, it's like every episode. They also use that flashlight thing a lot, which has to be the most unconvincing "ghost hunting technique" that anyone has ever come up with.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2012, 04:13:40 am »
Now, I do believe in spirits and ghosts and that shit, as well as orbs. I have seen some rather convincing videos on Youtube about it but I do remain skeptical about most of them. I have had "orbs" show up in some of the photographs of myself but I always attributed it first to something environmental (dust, light flare, dirty lens) before pondering on the supernatural side of it.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2012, 04:15:16 am »
They also use that flashlight thing a lot, which has to be the most unconvincing "ghost hunting technique" that anyone has ever come up with.

Flashlight thing?

Now, I do believe in spirits and ghosts and that shit, as well as orbs. I have seen some rather convincing videos on Youtube about it but I do remain skeptical about most of them. I have had "orbs" show up in some of the photographs of myself but I always attributed it first to something environmental (dust, light flare, dirty lens) before pondering on the supernatural side of it.

Would you happen to have a link to those videos? I don't mean that in an aggressive way, I'm merely curious as to what was so convincing about them.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2012, 04:22:24 am »
I think it's relatively new, I do not remember seeing anything on it back in the 90's.

The idea is that you take a flashlight, set it on a surface, & asks questions. The light will turn on/off in relation to the answers.

That sounds a little Ouja Board already, but what they don't tell you is that you're supposed to unscrew the flashlight first, which makes it incredibly easy to influence. In fact, the very act of the flashlight sitting there will cause expansion enough to change the on/off state.

The restort is usually that "it doesn't explain the regularity of the answers."

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2012, 05:36:32 am »

Would you happen to have a link to those videos? I don't mean that in an aggressive way, I'm merely curious as to what was so convincing about them.
[/quote]

I'll have to try to find some as it's been a while that I have seen them and Youtube has a shit ton of videos like this, maybe I have some of them subscribed but for now I am going to bed.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2012, 02:07:08 pm »
I think it's relatively new, I do not remember seeing anything on it back in the 90's.

The idea is that you take a flashlight, set it on a surface, & asks questions. The light will turn on/off in relation to the answers.

That sounds a little Ouja Board already, but what they don't tell you is that you're supposed to unscrew the flashlight first, which makes it incredibly easy to influence. In fact, the very act of the flashlight sitting there will cause expansion enough to change the on/off state.

The restort is usually that "it doesn't explain the regularity of the answers."
That's the typical pattern "divination" methods follow: all you have to do is look at a system that can show a response that cannot be predicted a priori, and when the random results appear, assume they have some sort of meaning.

Obvious examples are Tarot, hand lines, Ouija, casting runes, tea leaves, animal entrails, augury, and having a rooster peck at grains
Σא

Offline czechmate

• Apprentice
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2012, 03:09:34 pm »
JC - Yeshua Ben Miriam - was arrested, tried, sentenced and executed for violating Roman law and was executed by the Romans, as were 35,000 other Jews.
Not until 325 AD did the name Jesus appear, Christ meaning "Saviour" - a title, not a name.
The Romans then made the biggest whitewash job in history to cover up their crime by diverting the responsibility to the Jews.
Since when has the Roman Empire been known for its compassion? Even when it became the Holy Roman Empire, their armies went out to commit one of the worst acts of genocide upon the Dacians in order to grab their gold and rename their land as Romania (for the Romans)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2012, 06:12:36 pm »
JC - Yeshua Ben Miriam - was arrested, tried, sentenced and executed for violating Roman law and was executed by the Romans, as were 35,000 other Jews.
Not until 325 AD did the name Jesus appear, Christ meaning "Saviour" - a title, not a name.
The Romans then made the biggest whitewash job in history to cover up their crime by diverting the responsibility to the Jews.
Since when has the Roman Empire been known for its compassion? Even when it became the Holy Roman Empire, their armies went out to commit one of the worst acts of genocide upon the Dacians in order to grab their gold and rename their land as Romania (for the Romans)

Um...the name Jesus shows up in all 4 gospels, IIRC.  That'd put mention of that name at 70AD at the earliest, not 325 AD.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2012, 06:47:23 pm »

Um...the name Jesus shows up in all 4 gospels, IIRC.  That'd put mention of that name at 70AD at the earliest, not 325 AD.

Jesus is the romanized version of Yeshua. Just like Jehova is the romanized version of Yahweh.

But, I still need sources for the other parts.