Author Topic: Abstinence-only and bullying  (Read 11891 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Abstinence-only and bullying
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »
If they ever have us do a comic, I'm going to reproduce a copy of this:

If I had a kid who drew that kinda comic for abstinence-only bullshit-class, I'd take him to the counselor, laugh my ass off at their pathetic "worries," then take that kid for the best fucking pizza lunch EVER.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 08:10:05 pm »
“Teens in both one-parent and remarried homes typically display more deviant behavior and commit more delinquent acts than do teens whose parents stayed married.  Studies show that two married, biological parents have the means and the motivation to appropriately monitor and discipline boys in ways that reduce the likelihood that they will pose a threat to the social order.”

(From that link the OP provided.)

Bullshit like this always makes me raeg. 1) I know plenty of people who come from single-parent or remarried homes who turned out perfectly fine. In fact, in some cases they're happier with their parents divorced. Better divorced and perhaps remarried than monogamous and miserable. 2) Boys are not fucking WMDs to society.

3) The original study didn't say anything about biological parents (which meant that same-sex parents were NOT considered "lesser" parents), so they're lying out of their fucking teeth anyways.

Besides, didn't a study show in Canada that lesbians were apparently the best parents?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 05:09:54 am »
Sounds like lesbians are the evolutionary better of humans. Less prone to sexual diseases, better parents, and at times the absolute hottest thing to watch
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 05:24:47 am »
... did you just admit you'd like to watch your mom get it on with another chick?  :o

Offline Oriet

• Homo sapiens scientia
  • Bishop
  • Disabled Vet MtF Polyamorous Atheist Auspie
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 12:27:19 pm »
“Teens in both one-parent and remarried homes typically display more deviant behavior and commit more delinquent acts than do teens whose parents stayed married.  Studies show that two married, biological parents have the means and the motivation to appropriately monitor and discipline boys in ways that reduce the likelihood that they will pose a threat to the social order.”

(From that link the OP provided.)

Bullshit like this always makes me raeg. 1) I know plenty of people who come from single-parent or remarried homes who turned out perfectly fine. In fact, in some cases they're happier with their parents divorced. Better divorced and perhaps remarried than monogamous and miserable. 2) Boys are not fucking WMDs to society.

3) The original study didn't say anything about biological parents (which meant that same-sex parents were NOT considered "lesser" parents), so they're lying out of their fucking teeth anyways.

Besides, didn't a study show in Canada that lesbians were apparently the best parents?
Also gotta love how their blatant lie is incredibly degrading to those who adopt a child. Seriously, what the fuck? It doesn't matter if the parents share chromosomes with the kids or not, as that's completely irrelevant to how they raise the children and the bond they share.
The Rules, get to know them.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 03:49:57 pm »
BUT THE GAYS WILL MOLEST THEIR ADOPTED CHILDREN!

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 04:40:17 pm »
Telling two hormone riddled teenagers not to get all handsy and fuck each other is like trying to convince a fire to not burn down your whole house and just burn the curtains....aka; impossible.

In regards to the bullying...I really loathe this. The whole idea that "boys will be boys" when it comes to chasing a kid home or beating his ass after school just makes me sick. For what? Not understanding that someone is different? Beating them up or ridiculing them because they aren't athletic or don't like monster trucks?

Going back to the way things were in the 1950s would be absolutely horrible. I have a feeling that these bills are championed by people who bullied others while they were growing up and maybe even bullying people in their adult lives as well.
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 05:07:18 pm »
In regards to the bullying...I really loathe this. The whole idea that "boys will be boys" when it comes to chasing a kid home or beating his ass after school just makes me sick. For what? Not understanding that someone is different? Beating them up or ridiculing them because they aren't athletic or don't like monster trucks?

Going back to the way things were in the 1950s would be absolutely horrible. I have a feeling that these bills are championed by people who bullied others while they were growing up and maybe even bullying people in their adult lives as well.
The thing is they see the 50s as Leave it to Beaver not the real 50s.
For example way more pregnant teens in the 50s even when you factor in abortion  just they didn't go to school so you didn't see them.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »

My grandparents have been married for my father's entire life, but that never stopped him from being a party animal all throughout college.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 08:11:49 pm »
Telling two hormone riddled teenagers not to get all handsy and fuck each other is like trying to convince a fire to not burn down your whole house and just burn the curtains....aka; impossible.

Don't get me started on that bullshit. When you make an environment that does not put forth the expectation of a boy or man to control themselves in regards to sex, then of course they're not going to be able to control themselves! It's one of the biggest copouts there is, blaming a woman or girl simply because they chose to dress a certain way.

"Don't want to be treated like a whore, don't dress like one!"

Don't want me to treat you like an inbred redneck, don't talk like one.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...