Author Topic: Where is the kingdom of God?  (Read 9329 times)

Offline arunangelo

• Neonate
Where is the kingdom of God?
« on: August 03, 2013, 02:53:07 am »
The kingdom of God is within our hearts (Luke 17:21). It is the spirit of Jesus which is unconditional, selfless, sacrificial, merciful, humble, ever-forgiving and faithful. This spirit is instilled in every human heart (Ezekiel 36:27) through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Those who make him the Lord of their life by accepting his spirit (Romans 10:9), are enabled by the spirit to love their enemies, do good to those who hurt and betray them, offer the other cheek if struck on one, give without expecting anything in return, bring healing to their offenders by their prayers and acts of sacrificial love (Matthew 5:43-48), consider others as superior to them, seek the interest of others over their own (Philippians 2:3-4) and stay faithful to their marriage vows even when there is hurt and unfaithfulness (Luke 6:18 & Hosea 3:1).

Art Vandelay

Re: Where is the kingdom of God?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 03:12:26 am »
The kingdom of God is within our hearts
Yeah, about that. A while back, the left ventricle was annexed by the City State of Arceus while the right atrium fell to the Empire of Buddha. As if that wasn't enough, the rest of the heart proper, angered by higher army levies and wartime taxes as well as the failure to hold half the kingdom, seceded to form the Independent Duchy of Left Atrium and the Republic of Right Ventricle. Currently the Kingdom of God only exists as a rump state within the aorta, and given the current military build up in the new republic, even that may not be around for much longer.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 05:02:07 am »
It could always move up my ass.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 05:02:53 am »
It got moved to Preaching and Worship.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 05:10:33 am »
YAY DRIVE BY!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 06:35:23 am »
Drive by driving in circles round and round in circles.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 07:12:39 am »
My prostate
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 09:11:52 am »
Ok, serious answer here.

The kingdom of god is not in the heart, but in the mind.  It resides in the minds of those that for whatever reason can't let go of ideas rooted in ancient fears and wonder concerning the world in which they lived.  As much as man's knowledge concerning his world (and universe) has expanded to explain much of what was unknown to the ancients, mankind has held onto those original concepts despite evidence to the contrary.

And, once again, quoting scriptures from ancient texts based on those ideas ain't going to impress too many people here.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 10:43:38 am »
People can do all that crap without Jesus, though I don't see much reason to do good to someone who hurts me or a loved one.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 12:18:20 pm »
Uh huh... and Star Wars happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. What's your point?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 12:48:41 pm »
Those who make him the Lord of their life by accepting his spirit (Romans 10:9), are enabled by the spirit to love their enemies

Not exclusive to accepting the Lord.

stay faithful to their marriage vows even when there is hurt and unfaithfulness (Luke 6:18 & Hosea 3:1)

Working with your relationships because there are major problems is fine when it's in and off itself. However, the type of relationship you describe sounds almost toxic.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 01:07:31 pm »
Like everything else.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 03:15:28 pm »
The Kingdom of God has been missing for some time now, and science is mystified.  When last seen it was northwest of Hoboken, New Jersey, and rotating counterclockwise.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 06:59:21 pm »
Like everything else.

EVERYTHING else? *revs up chainsaw*

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »

Hopefully the image works.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.